I think my "scare" crow is dead

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Stillstuck, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Stillstuck New Member

In preparation for house decorating to commemorate Nights of the Dead 2018, I dragged my old "scare" crow out of storage and plopped him down in my house. Prepared to have the wits scared out of me I waited.....and waited....and waited....and waited some more. After nearly an hour of no scary monster surprise I figured the thing was dead. Was there some update that removed the effect or am I doing something wrong? The "scare" crow in question is several years old.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They still work, but it's on a random timer I think.
  3. Stillstuck New Member

I'll try it again although it seems an hour to trigger even once is a bit excessive.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

Did you zone in and out of your house? Sometimes that will trigger them they like to pop up right when you zone in.
  5. Stillstuck New Member

Yep tried that already. :mad:
  6. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Yeah, it still works. Put one in my fright manor and 5 seconds later it went off.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Stillstuck New Member

Wow when it rains, it pours. I was on the verge of giving it away when I went down into my basement and it popped 3 times in 1 minute. At least now I know it works. Thanks for the responses.
    Kaitheel and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Tekka Well-Known Member

Items like that are triggered by your approach and too much of a variation in elevation can throw it off. If you have it near stairs or a ladder between floors, or a porch, try moving it a bit away if there is room.

That being said, there is a random element to them as well.
    Cyrrena likes this.