Raiders, What is your MT & OT and why?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Avianna, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Avianna Well-Known Member

I am just looking for some general discussion of What class is your MT & OT and why those classes? Also what does your raid set up look like in groups and why? and go.....
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

MT: Guardian, sometimes Paladin
    OT: SK

I don't know why we set them up that way.

When I am building a raid, I usually want:

Group One
    Plate Tank
    Healer x2 (Mystic and Templar is nice)
    Dirge (buffs)
    Coercer (powerfeed, Shout, buffs)
    T1 DPS (for hate transfers)

Group Two
    Tank
    Healer (1-2 depending on squishiness of tank and skill of healer)
    Dirge (buffs)
    Enchanter (powerfeed)
    DPS (1-2, T1 DPS, or something like a summoner for DPS/utility)

Group Three
    Healer
    Dirge (buffs)
    Melee DPS x 4 (or 3 + 1 powerfeed)

Group Four
    Healer
    Troub (buffs)
    Illusionist (buffs, powerfeed)
    Mage DPS x3 (who benefit highly from the Troub and Illy)
  3. Venser Active Member

you know hate transfers are able to be cast cross group :p
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Guardian
    Templar
    Channeler
    Defiler
    Coercer
    Dirge

Zerker
    Dirge
    Coe
    Assassin
    Mystic
    Inquis

Troub
    Illy
    Warlock
    Wiz
    Rogue

Troub
    Illy
    Warlock
    Wiz
    SK.

We run guardian/zerker simply because no other tanks come even close to what those two are capable of at the moment.

Guardian's can tank all of ykesha's encounter while we burn down the archmagus, we tried doing different configurations with SK with channeler tanking one but we found guardian cheesing it all with sphere/defensive mind was easier.

Paladin's have less heals than berseker's, and brawlers on this server just don't have the temp capacity to be really viable when you compare them.

SK's are OK, i'd rather have another mage dps like a necro in group 4, or even another wizard.

Summoners are kinda bad to buff, and ranger is pretty interchangable, not running 2 coe's is really shooting yourself in the foot.

Scout groups aren't really viable because you lose two jester cap's which are bonkers strong combined with confront fear, which is why they are silly. Plus between icelash/curse we are adding anywhere from 25-50k to each mage group in proc damage, which scouts typically don't get at all in a scout group.

We could probably do 95% of the content without a third healer in the main tank group, but its not a good setup for scout dps anyway, the rogue would maybe go up 10k dps (even less when you factor in ice lash works on scouts next xpac!) and the fact that the survivability means that group can dps more and stay in for aoes etc.

Not running 4 enchanters is really not viable at all, every mob in this xpac has some kind of power drain. Illusionists can do pretty much every fight except zarrakon (although we have done it with 1!).
  5. Satyr Well-Known Member

That's pretty funny, our ideal set up back in DoF was the same as yours with an illy/ranger in g2 instead of a coe/***.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Ranger is still pretty good, it's about even with assassin.

Mana flow is just too good at this point in eq2.

Ppl hate when I say sorcs are better than anything else, but they just are =/.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Oh, I forgot to mention healers in the mage groups, either fury/inquis works honestly.

Some fights I prefer the fury (ykesha,gynok) some I prefer the inquis (zarrakon, tyranus).

That is purely due to the cure limitations on furies at the moment, next xpac when tunare's grace comes into play, inquis wont even hold a candle to furies, due to the just raw amount of damage they can put out on top of the comparable group buffs.
  8. Avianna Well-Known Member

thanks for all the great conversations and advice, keep it going.
  9. Tajar Well-Known Member

Our MT is an SK, our OT is a monk. We have our reasons :p We've just broken into T3, and Guk is on farm, SK works fine for us.
    Avianna likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We've managed with fewer chanters by having everyone in the raid load up on:

Also, we are having every class that has even a shred of power feed contributing, Mystic's Spirit Tap, Conjuror's Sacrifice, the Warden tree (even nerfed) and so on. Plus Dark Hearts and Shards of Essence from the summoners.

Another big help: get a character on Fallen Gate and level them enough to do the Manastone HQ. The level 101 Inheritance merchant version of the Manastone on the live servers does 15% power regen with a 20 minute cooldown, which is much better than the original Manastone, which gave you a measly 320 points of power regen every 45 seconds.
  11. Davito Active Member

Any difficult encounter requires or is made exponentially easier by having a chanter in every group. IE; Zarrakon, Xebnok, Gynok, Anashti, and a couple others. Not to mention a mediocre chanter would parse more than 1 of the other classes in the group you had without 1, and would significantly increase the groupwide damage with Piece of Mind and other buffs. Can the 1groupable content be done without a chanter? Yes. Can the difficult encounters? No.

End content may not be everyone's goal, but if they have a raiding schedule, I'd imagine it would be in the best interest to have the classes needed to clear zones. There is still only 1 guild to clear original TSO launch zones, even after the insane gear/stat boosts, so maybe a change in the raid roster classes could be useful
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Not only are you posting in the wrong place, because this is a TLE forum. None of this information is even slightly relevant to the discussion.
    Davito and Dude like this.