NoTD Eye Candy

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niami DenMother, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Heijo, Rosyposy, Ocarinah and 4 others like this.
  2. Karamella Well-Known Member

OMG, that's so great! The window panes oh my goodness *jawdropping*

Thanks Mum for sharing. Now I'll be counting the days until NotD starts :)
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Love it :) Thanks for always posting. Window are awesome and I want the trees and the leaf piles
  4. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Thank you, thank you ! I love of course the windows, the autumnal darkleaf tiles, mound, trees, the haunted piano, bench and rocking chair and I am even interested in ... the troubled tome pet :)
    Rosyposy, Ocarinah, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My baby necro has already informed me she NEEDS that mount...
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Make a free toon (up to seven! :D) on Test and you won't have to wait! Come on in, the server's fine! :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OOOOOOoooooooh... (after going to the actual Traders page)

Yeah, mine are lusting after that, too. OMG. :D

I completely agree with Denmum about the "not so crimson Crimson Lined Coffin Bed"; what is it with the Art Dept.? They give us a true, glorious, bright, lovely, deep, fine RED in the spectrum, for example, with Fae and Aerakyn wings at character creation (the Arasai, the Evil folks, get a lovely shade of it; how come?), you go to select that, and what do you get? "Rose" or whatever that's been washed in hot and dried in the Uber-Fluff cycle. :(

THIS is CRIMSON:

[IMG]

not that washed-out pansy stuff we get for everyone else. :(

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We rarely get ANY saturated colors. What's that about, art team?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I forgot to add a buyable to the list that has a random spider-on-screen effect, so that's been added to the writeup as well as links to Ocarinah's video previews of the items.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh...was that a forget, or a subconscious "oh gods, I really don't want to think about the spider things, let alone see them again"? :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thanks for adding links. I was wondering what was causing the spiders on the screen like if in Nek Forest during notd :D
  12. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I guess my Haunted Mansion will become even laggier after this go around. So much stuff going on in it already. Thanks for putting the info up.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

But isn't lag the ultimate horror?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Great work again Den Mum and Ocarinah. Of course my mind is already in planning mode to figure out how to get all of the new stuff on as many characters as I can.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The reds always look pink to me and I detest pink. I made one Arasai with black and red wings, when I logged her into the game it was black and light pink wings. That was the only character I ever made that I could bring myself to delete. Saw the pink, poof she was dead.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's odd; the Arasais I've made have been the only ones with the really luscious, true red wings. Of course, that was awhile back...it could have been, rather than boost the reds for the Fae and the Aerakyn, the Art Dept. decided rather maliciously to nerf the Arasai red now. :mad:

Uwk
    who's gonna try to make an Arasai now, just to check >:-/
  17. elflover Well-Known Member

So you didn't try to go to barber in game to try to change it back or was set at red but looked pink? Poor evil fairy.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That may be new, if she deliberately selected the best red she could at the Spectrum selection and it still came out "faint rose." :(

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cyrrena, rest assured! If you do the wing pattern where you can choose your colors (the bottom 6 of the 12), from what I've been able to ascertain through experimentation, the wing pigments for Arasai are just as strong and gorgeous and true as they always have been. Tried it with a female with a fairly broad surface wing area; still looked good, even in-game. Tried a male with the Variegated Dragonfaery design (which kind of looks like a cross between a Monarch Butterfly and a Luna Month, imho), and his wings look like stained glass windows, seriously. :D

The Veined Batwing could be a little washed out, but the main Arasai I have with that pattern, I made into basically Batman, so that wasn't too much of an issue. ;-> And even with the "webbing" being red, both colors, with all that surface area, it's still a way better red than anything the Fae or Aerakyn are allowed to have. :( Even with the body scale color of the Aerakyn, even on the tops of their heads, the "red" is still a washed-out measly pink, and there's not much surface area up there. :(

Still not sure why they only have the lovely saturated colors for the evils... :-/

So, in short, try an Arasai again, with colors you can choose for the wing pattern, and if it doesn't look quite right "in person" in-game, try the Stylists. My gal Arglwyddes on Maj'Dul (look her up on EQ2U! :D) I made to deliberately get some true red on her, and I think she turned out well. It looks a little pale under the direct light, near the junction points with her body, but that's just due to the brightness of the camera lighting; in reality, it's a lovely red. :)

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  20. Wilowsong Active Member

The Troubled Tome looks like my familiar vile contagion! :)