Familiar Appearances

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Eradani, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Eradani Well-Known Member

does anyone know the why of the rules for which familiars can be used for appearances? i know it says (somewhere on wiki) that ANY familiar can be used as an appearance for ANY other familiar but i'm finding that to be not true.

i've got the Sootfoot rabbit on most of my toons since it's the least obnoxious Legendary but i'm getting sick of that little spec of brown flitting around my peripheral vision. i tried using the ladybug but it won't let me. not that i wanted any of them but i also tried all the other Treasured as appearance for my Legendary familiar and couldn't use any of them.

one toon has a Fabled familiar and i'm using the (forget the tier) flower from the panda but it's bigger than the toon and i can't find any way to shrink it so i just ended up permanently /pethide since i'm sure i can't use any lesser tiered familiar for appearance and don't want to waste the 1000 xp for a Legendary anyways
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can hide your familiars so you don't have anything following you...
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You should be able to use any familiar for appearance. What happens when you try? Any messages?
  4. Bunji Developer

Some are classified as flying, and like mounts, can't have ground familiars used for appearance. I believe that's the only restriction unless a familiar is classified incorrectly.
  5. Eradani Well-Known Member

i tried a bunch of Treasured, including the ladybug, as appearance for the Legendary Sootfoot Rabbit. none would work.

yes i did that with the flower that's as big as a house
  6. Bunji Developer

Looks like Legendary Sootfoot Rabbit is classified as flying currently, I change it.
    GrunEQ and Sigrdrifa like this.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

Does the /pet hide command allow to cycle between the 4 potential states (4 since we have 2 flag, one for deity one for familliar).
  8. Steelviper Active Member

Some types of familiars re-appear after you change a zone, if you simply try to hide them via /pet hide command. If you right-click on any visible pet, select Pet Options, then click on the hooded icon in the small menu, you can hide that pet "permanently" unless you use the /pet hide command in the chat window to show them again.
    If you hide all of the remaining pets (cosmetic, familiars etc.) that way, then type /pet hide to show all of them after changing a zone, including the deity and cosmetic pets, then hide them again using the above-mentioned method, you shouldn't have to worry about any of them ever re-appearing after you change any zone, again.
    Eradani likes this.
  9. Eradani Well-Known Member

thank you thank you :)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Right-click the familiar or pet, select Options, and then use the button to hide the pet.
  11. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Aww.. i loved my legendary flying rabbit :(
  12. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

How do you hide the familiar? I've tried the "right click and choose pet options" but the only option I have is to rename it. There is no option to hide it. Once hidden, how do you then unhide it?

Edit: Looks like the completely uninformative and unintuitive button called "Defaults" is how you hide it....like that was obvious (not).

Second question stands - how do you unhide a familiar once hidden.
  13. Cragfire Well-Known Member

/Pet Hide

Works to hide a currently active pet, or show them if hidden. Not very intuitive.. but I didn't make the command.. heh

Gets tricky when having several pets out, as it is a toggle and hits all active pets. Deactivate a pet you wish to not be effected by the command. Use the command on the active pet(s) you wish to effect, then reactivate the pets you deactivated.. Clear as mud? heh :)
    Rhodris likes this.
  14. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Significantly clearer than a button labelled "Defaults"....

Thanks much.
  15. Nonsam New Member

Does anyone know if the familiar cages from quests and marketplace crates are always season 4 or is there a chance you’ll get one of the previous seasons? Also, can you get any of the event familiars this way? I like a few of the seasonal event ones but I’m unsure how to get them. Thanks!