Test server character availability oddness

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Tkoss, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Tkoss Member

anyone else have this problem ?

standard server 14 used character slots and one open slot ( about 10 deleted )
    no problem loging in any of the character

test server 14 used character slots and one open slot ( about 5 deleted )
    cant log in the last 4 characters ( the ones on the bottom of the list )
    i get "That character is not accessable because your account has too many characters."
    if i log in one of the top ten characters it then moves that character to the bottom of the list
    and i cant then log it back in untill i move more characters to end of the character list...

had no problems yesterday
    deleted the logincache just in case but that didnt help

any ideas? anyone else with this oddness?
  2. Eufearia Member

I'm having the same issue. Now I can't even sign in. That little screen that pops up with my accounts is black.

Have you figured out anything since noon?
  3. Eufearia Member

I'm a member and I'm having problems. My daughter isn't a member and she's having no problems. Hmm...
  4. Tkoss Member

Nope no change, just so strange that I only have the problem on the test server standard server is fine
    guess its petition time.
    for your blank screen did you try pressing the up arrow about 20 times and then the down arrow the same
    there is a bug with that screen if you were in proving grounds ( sometimes )
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The black screen may be a cut scene trying to run. If so, sometimes ESC will stop it and let you progress.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Eufearia like this.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

Same thing here with 13 characters on a subscribed account, but still the bottom 4 slots giving the error. US and EU regions are both fine. If you delete a character the option to create a new one comes up so the count is working fine at that point. You can't however log the new one in as it gets saved in the bottom slot. :rolleyes:

Good news, however. If you log in a toon from the top of the list you can still access the ones at the bottom of the list using the /camp character command from within game, which beats having to shuffle them up the list. And I've /bugged it. Suggest you all do the same.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue on my main account now, and yes, I'm all-access. :( I only have 9 characters on that account on Test, which is lower than what I have on live on that account.

I dropped a note on the Discord Test server channel, but I don't even know which dev to tag on this. :/

(For those unfamiliar, Test is supposed to have the same number of character slots unlocked as you have on live.)
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

To clarify, I have 13 active (none locked) slots on Live. On Test, I *was* fine with my 9, with room for 4 more. Then this happened yesterday at some point, and now I have "too many" on Test with 9. Again, this is with All Access paid membership.
  9. Caith Developer

We've made some tweaks to the login server, let me know if you continue to see the issue.
    Tkia, Niami DenMother and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thanks Caith!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Tkoss Member

Thanks! seems to be back working correctly for me :)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Thanks, Caith. All 4 slots seem to be back to normal including the auto login of new characters from the bottom slot.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes the weirdest thing is that if your subscription runs out it's the top 4 that are locked , not the bottom ones, and you can't just cycle them around either.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have tried this as well using kronos on another account. I have 11 unlocked on that account and 7 that are locked, 18 characters total. I know that it is supposed to keep the most recently logged in characters in descending order in the unlocked slots, but that has not been my experience. I have noticed the same thing, it is always the 7 slots at the top of the list that are locked. I even tried one month not logging in any of the characters except 1 and when the krono ran out, the only character that was logged in for that entire month was locked in one of the top 7 slots.

I think we need an option upon first log in after the sub or krono runs out, to select which characters we want to remain unlocked. I think we also need something on the log in screen that shows us definitively how many total characters are on the account, how many character slots are available based upon silver/gold, all access, free to play since this number is not the same for everybody, and how many character slots have been purchased. For me at least, I cannot remember how many character slots I have purchased across 5 accounts since November 4, 2004.

For example:

This account has X character slots unlocked for membership level.
    This account has Y characters that have been created.
    This account has purchased Z number of extra character slots.

And upon first log in to that account after sub expires or krono runs out:

Your membership has expired, X number of characters will remain unlocked until such time as you renew your membership. Which X characters would you like to remain unlocked and then have a numbered list and the player selects which of the X characters to remain unlocked. With a BIG Confirmation Box that states in LARGE RED LETTERS these choices cannot be changed after you click the accept button, please choose your characters carefully. The only way you can change these choices is to renew your subscription for a minimum of 30 days.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Great ideas, @Cyrrena! :)
    Cyrrena likes this.