New hunter quest time limit is only 2 days ...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kalika, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

Unlike in RoK we cannot bypass 80-90% of the instances and on top some instances have quite broken mobs. As example the spinning blades frog killed all but me and the tank each time he ported and this was instant death, the defiler rage quitted and we almost got it on a later pull -- if we had waited rebirth to be up or if we had a second aoe blocker we would have won -- I killed him several time but either we had a channeler + another healer or we had several aoe blockers. Note that we tried to spread people but it was not any better, or to have them near the tank (so he could taunt) but since he blink and you get 4 deads it was not very usefull. The reason my druid uually survived his aoe is likely to be the 15% dmg reduction that druid get from aas.

The dude in IKSH is almost as annoying with his bomb that explode when detrimental timer run (out or if cured ? i believe you can cure but since the debuf only mention bad consequences we don t really know, sure i could and to tries and see if cure induces detoantion and which one). Possibly you should run far when the timer get close to zero like with trakanon ... 2 weeks ago it took us like 5-8tries to get him with a really good group.

Yesterday it took me like 30mn to get a PoF group running and we had to do it without mana regen (which turn out to be fine). PoF is easy but has quite a lot of trahs

Under these circonstances 2 days is quite short.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

I'd just like to nutpunch the person that decided to put the quest giver in Tupta and make the quest unshareable
    Kalika and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I really hope the daily quest is on a cycle as to which four mobs you have to kill, anything other than a guild group for the Guk 3 zone is going to be a bad time, not to mention a average player is going to take 4-6hours to complete this daily quest.

It took me and a PuG like 3 hours just to clear the zones not including guk 3. In that group, I was also around 80% of the groupwide dps. I can't imagine a non raid geared wizard or being in a group with someone non raid geared how long this daily will take.
    Kalika likes this.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

They should require only 2 zones and exclude some "tier 3" zones, namely the 2 guks.
    r
    Ykesha Outer is really a pain, the ring event have so many wavvs that it gets boring.

The last mob is as complicated as most raid mobs, my understanding is that if noxious is up at each threshold 60,50,40,30 player explodes (+ you get statue aoe) but you need nox to dps. So either a blocker is up or you cure everyone but the tank at 61% (and 51...) and other joust. Dps also have to cure nox if the timer is close to expire ... I m not 100% sure ... and well the dude fears too (it s minor annoyance but it adds to the rest).

--> easy mode is to bring two aoe blockers, then it is tank and spank.

Note that the original devs knew that it was not an easy fight since the signature update can be obtained wihout killing him.

I don t remember which Guk has invisible assassins (that cannot be seen with the build in priest see invisible), since they pop randomly , on a random group member and cannot be seen at all there is not much you can do. There is no way to keep constant DP or stoneskins on everyone. I don t really get what was the idea there, may be you have to move with back your protected by a wall to avoid a backstab .. i have no idea, they always OS their victim even when it was the tank, they never wiped the group but honestly dying this way is not fun ( i had mages 20 meters behind the tank getting jumped at).
  5. Lorilie Member

We couldnt finish outer with 3 different pugs, seems like you need raid gear or the perfect set up.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm basically just gonna cheese it with a guardian each time and have two blockers with fury/bard or i'm not even gonna bother wasting my time if it's with a pug.
    Kalika likes this.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

So one of the top mages consider the daily (which should be pick up friendly) as something requiring 2 blockers and " guild " group. It s a good sign that the difficulty is not proper.

I truly hope they will change the hunter quest, currently i m not doing it, 2-4 hours for 2 coins .. no
  8. Malachy Well-Known Member

Lockout timer for NHT is 18 hours....so change the quest mobs or change the time limit.

The quest takes several hours for PUGs and most group set ups. Unreasonable to assume people play several hours at a time and can get groups to complete this within this time frame.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

The issue with that mob is to do the script without blockers and copious death prevents, it is simply buggy as can be.

The health based AoE is designed to be a LoS check, and simply put LoS checks in this game are not very reliable. I should have taken some screenshots from killing this last night to illustrate, but I can show where 5 people are standing on the same spot but on any given aoe 0-5 people would get hit with the LoS check. Most cases 1-3 people would get hit on each AoE, so it just turned into a RNG crap shoot.

So even with people knowing the fight, doing it without a guardian and without aoe prevents, it only took 15 pulls to kill it, but even on the kill pull, at least one player died on each aoe.

What Adon basically pointed out is, with a guard, bard, druid, between shell, Bladedance, sentry watch, and guard sphere, you can basically ignore the entire script because you block or death prevent every aoe and it dies. In this case you are not relying on a LoS check and its easy peasy one pull kill.

Verses as I did it without any of these things and its a RNG nutcheck.
  10. Kalika Well-Known Member

Pure genious, it take 5-10 mn to get there with athe balloom.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I tried to the fight as "intended" for several hours the other day, and ended up empty handed. No matter what I did, between:
    Hiding/Dodging Line of Sight at each percentile.
    Curing everything before each threshold.
    Running to "narnia" to try and avoid it.
    AoE blocking each threshold with a death save on a tank we still ended up empty handed and dead.

We ended up basically just waiting for warden group death save every percentile, we burned 60/50 with one group DP and 40/30 with the next time it was up with a blocker on top of that, and still managed to have the entire group die with zero dets on us pushing the thresholds and a blocker up.
  12. Davito Active Member

For me personally, everything instance-wise is pretty balanced outside of the 2nd to last named in Guk 2 that shadowsteps/oneshots, and the last named in Guk 3.

I don't mind the 4 zones that were picked to be for the daily if the Guk 3 final mob wasnt a crapshoot. Outside of it getting boring running the same 4 zones every single day, I think it's inline for how long it takes to complete.
  13. Atan Well-Known Member

Just killed him again, no aoe blockers, and didn't bother with LoS checks. I think the wiki is flat out wrong on it, but I'll need to kill it a few more times to be conclusive.
  14. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Don't cure the arcane.
    Remove every nox before the AOE threshold.
    Death Save tank every threshold. 2 healers is a must if u want to do it some what smooth. Without two you end up standing around doing nothing until u can get a blocker or deathsave for the tank.
    LoS before each aoe threshold.
    T-shell before the last threshold.

Make sure everyone brings nox pots.

Seems to be the most optimal way to do it. They gotta change the named u gotta kill in guk3 or just remove it completely. With how easy content has been so far on Fallen Gate this is a quest no one wants to do in a PUG.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

I don't think the LoS matters at all.

Just pot cure nox before each % aoe. and move the mob 25 meters from the group.

Tank can die on every aoe, doesn't matter cause the mob doesn't hit hard, easy to heal thru tank death and just rez tank and reset to die for next aoe.

Don't need aoe blockers, don't have to do death saves, just die rez at 60, die/rez at 50, die/rez at 40, die/rez at 30, win.

If you have enough blockers and death saves to not die, great, but that is completely optional, fight dies everytime so long as nox is pot cured before those %'s and group is >25 from mob.
  16. Kalika Well-Known Member

I would lie if i was saying i fully understand this dude, i m sceptical about curing arcane since i believe that when we killed him we kept healer cleared using regular cure.

The aoe is called noxious something so i assume it is due to the nox.

What i don't really get is that we got the group wiped before any threshold, was it a nox detrimental counter terminating ? I don't know since i cure nox on myself immediatly (as a healer).

Possibly if your group dps is high it never happen.

Wish i was able to test : do nothing but cure arcane (observe if you get an aoe), let noxious det run out (observe)..

Anyway if the mission was to kill this mob we would quickly find out, but we have 4 instances in which nothing can be bypassed.

Even with a fast group Crucible will takes at least 30mn + time to go there, Najena probably also require 30mn lot of stuff to click), PoF has this terrible long ramp to climb and lot of trash and nobody will stop a Ferzhul since varsoon drops nice items, ... So 2h30 to 3h with a really good group.

If the time limit was increased may be, but honestly i really don't want to run 15 times guk3 or even any of the others.

Just ask two instances, random ones.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Update the wiki, or explain to me what's wrong, and I can update it. I just tidied up Guk:LC and Guk:HoF... didn't find anything really wrong, just needed some stylistic cleanup and editing, plus some locs.

I haven't done Guk:YOS on TLE yet, but I have been running it recently mentored down on live... but my live toon is so overpowered that way that I can pretty much ignore scripts and MOLO it, so I wouldn't necessarily see issues with the wiki page.
    Kalika likes this.
  18. Kalika Well-Known Member

May be explain what happen
    1) if the noxious timer run out (if you mouse over there is timer, but there is no effect mention but only "it s bad ...", parser detected something called Noxious-UberAoe.
    2) If you cure arcane.

For the rest it's all clear for me.

Possibly with high dps noxious never run out before 60% and between 60-50 so people don't mention this possibilty.

As Adon mentionned the easy mode with only one AOE blocker is to wait for it to be up, recast is around 2mn, so fight will have 6mn of timeout --the boss himself could not kill a mystic dog ---
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Hokay, I have updated the wiki page for The Ruins of Guk: Ykesha's Outer Stronghold. Most of what I did was just formatting and adding locs, however. I do have a couple of Info requests in there asking for updated information, so if you find the answer, either update the page or let me know and I will.

Kalika, on Live, you can always use Brew of Readiness to reset your blockers if needed (learned from one of Raffik's Shipwrecked! quests), but TLE hasn't gotten far enough to get that one yet.
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

I'll post an update or atleast a discussion once I'm a tad more confident. Killed it 4 times this weekend, and what I'm doing is working, but there might be a piece I'm still missing or don't have 100% correct