Ykesha and warbeads

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Rebelde, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Rebelde Active Member

From Tuesday's notes:

Fabled Ykesha's Inner Stronghold [Raid]
    • Lord Ykesha has returned.
    But not the warbeads, or we don't need them now?
    Thank you
  2. Adaac Member

No warheads for us tonight either
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

We didn't get any either. It has been said they drop off of mobs in the fights, but we never saw any chests; this was
    especially terrible because we were getting the war curse on pull, and weren't able to delve far enough into the fight to get the appropriate adds.

A clean way to make that 100% is to have it drop as an "everyone loots" kind of chest, and make it a lore item, so that if the same person does the raid again, new folks can get the beads and folks who have been there before don't get repeat loots unless they need them, and have them drop in the boss chest before the Ykesha fight.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. Gninja Developer

They are in the game and dropping. Ykesha was defeated by someone yesterday. The beads drop from the footsoldier encounters in the Field General encounter and Ykesha encounter. The curse is currently casting pretty fast with a large variance meaning you could get lucky and get adds first but it's not likely. I changed the curse to cast later in the encounter so you have time to get beads. It's still not going to be a lot of time though. Should see the change next week.
    Mercychalice and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've been wondering if the old warbeads would work ;) There might be some somewhere in my bank vaults...
  6. Gninja Developer

They do not, sorry.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's possible whoever had the kill has war beads from before Ykesha was banished. I know there weren't any dropping while he was banished.
  8. Gninja Developer

Sorry, not the case. They were dropping in the field general encounter while Ykesha was on vacation.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Killed him several times with different guilds and didn't see a single one when Ykesha was gone...
    Unless thing were changed.. when Ykesha was there, the beads dropped in normal chests.. when Ykesha wasn't there.. no mobs dropped normal chests.
  10. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

We haven't seen chests at all and we've cleared the zone at least 3 times already, minus Ykesha. These should be a drop, every time, period. If you say they come from the Field Commander, we should have seen them already. :confused:
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Before they took Ykesha out, every trash in the Field General fight dropped them. After the patch I don't know if the adds that dropped them even spawned any more, to be honest. But certainly no chests with beads.
  12. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

When you fixed the 100s of foot soldier adds spawning on Field General, you completely removed them from the encounter. We have killed it maybe 4 times since the change. No foot soldier adds and in turn no war beads. Most of us got the war beads the first time we killed the Field General (When we had to deal with the massive amount of adds).
    Mermut likes this.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

Confirmed: They really drop you just have time kill the right mobs.
    Gninja likes this.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

If they, now, only drop off adds in the Ykesha fight, it's a crap shoot to see if the people who get the purple screen are the folks who looted the beads. That's lots of pulls and wipes to get the raid a full set of beads :confused:
  15. Tajar Well-Known Member

We clear Guk twice a week (sans Ykesha) and have had no war beads :(
    Mercychalice likes this.
  16. Luciar Active Member

We also haven't seen any beads from the General encounter and another guild I know had to pull and wipe to Yekesha repeatedly just to farm the beads for a viable pull to get the kill. Something seems off with this
  17. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Why is Ykesha going on vacation when he has a fight to deal with? I was never allowed to go on vacation if there was a big project coming up.

(Sorry, just being Snarky, its my job)
    Breanna likes this.