Brackish Vaults, Duo, Frigid Shatter AOE way over 15m

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Naneeje, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Naneeje Well-Known Member

We have been playing some alts lately, (Thanks for Guk :)
    The Brackish vaults, on the Frigid Shatter guy, we have to hop down to each platform to avoid the AOE, I don't think this was intended. As you stay on the platform, it is a 50/50 chance if you survive the AOE.
    If you are behind the ice, in the ice, in front of the ice, mob is in front, mob is on opposite sides, there is no recipe for accuracy.
    Can you please look at ensuring his AOE is correctly being applied?

While we can work around this, that is not the issue, my issue is when asking in chat channels, everyone said it's a buggy fight, and just avoid the zone.
    This is not how we roll here at EQ2 :) We enjoy reading Tuesday notes and seeing what was changed and how well the team responds to our problems. Thank you for looking into this.
    Ramone_AB likes this.
  2. Gninja Developer

Its intentionally a large range ae. You can still avoid it while staying on the platform but you will need to make sure the boss and you are placed correctly. It also hits harder the closer you are to him.
  3. Ramone_AB Active Member

Naneeje, I am there with you, I spent over an hour last night on that fight I pretty much said, F IT!! And F the fight design as a whole.
    Gninja... dude please revamp this fight.. this is supposed to be a short zone and with this particular fight its a royal pain in the... I'll leave this zone like others .. not done at all costs.
  4. Gninja Developer

What are you suggesting to change exactly? Does it need better descriptions? Or do you guys just want the fight made easier in general?
  5. Ramone_AB Active Member

A possible fix for it, say allow one of the ice crystals as a hiding spot sort but make it move to a different one at each 10-15% like the one fight in an earlier expansion, or reduce his blast area by 3-8 meters. The warning is good, but he doesn't want to stay put and his blast area is too big.
  6. Gninja Developer

Can you elaborate on the bold part?
  7. Ramone_AB Active Member

Let me pull up the game fast and get the exact wording, and the way I saw via wiki, he is supposed to root for the blast to go off, which should happen, but it doesn't, I have tried to even kite him until he roots so I can move to a "safe" area.
  8. Gninja Developer

That is something I can look into. This is a good example of why we need constructive discussions. There is a problem but its a very specific one.
    Breanna and Ramone_AB like this.
  9. semisus Does not play this game

Just fight him far north , the warning goes off earlier but dont move until you see him casting ( thats when hes rooted ) and just run far south , when hes casted it u go back .. rinse and repeat and this guy aint hard and if you die its your own fault for moving to slowly
  10. Ramone_AB Active Member

Thank you and sometime's I get snarky but it's due to being irritated with a fight.

I'll have the wording in just a moment.
  11. Ramone_AB Active Member

The wording is:

Frigid Shatter begins to freeze the moisture in the air around him! You may not want to be in range of it when it finishes!

That's a great warning!
  12. Ramone_AB Active Member

He's been moving each time I fight him. Doesn't matter if I wait until I see his cast bar start moving he moves on me.
  13. semisus Does not play this game

hmm okie , ive done this zone quite alot solo and never had that issue
  14. Ramone_AB Active Member

Yeah he's buggy as crud, Sometimes I can get him to 95% and squeak out the first safe move, and then get him to his next one and he blows me to smithereens.
  15. Gninja Developer

The root wasn't getting applied when he sends the message that means if you react to the message he continues to move and it's very likely you can get caught off guard and not really know why. That is definitely not intuitive.

I made a change a few minutes ago so that he casts his root on himself when he sends the message not 10 seconds after he sends it. That should help quite a bit. Let me know what you think when it goes live next week. If it still needs changes I have no problems discussing it further.
    Cragfire, Breanna, Rebelde and 2 others like this.
  16. Ramone_AB Active Member

Thank you sir!

I will give it a go and give feedback if it's not working. If you don't hear from me, then I'll call it a success on your part!
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You get a warning he's going to cast it. Then you wait a second or two until you see his cast bar start, then he's rooted and you hoof it to the opposite edge. It's doable. I solo it on my conjy.
  18. Gninja Developer

Yeah, I am not saying the fight is not doable. I am saying it's not intuitive. It's a valid gripe. For a solo/duo zone it should be fairly straightforward and little should be relegated to trial/error.
    Ramone_AB likes this.
  19. Ramone_AB Active Member

Exactly! I expect more difficulty in heroics/experts as it makes sense.

I await to see the results.
  20. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Gninja, as always, thank you.

While the named is on one side of the platform between two ice sculptures, my son was on the complete other side as far as he could be on the edge. The AOE still hit him and killed him, I simply jumped up in the air at the exact time he cast it, so thank you for addressing the part about him moving, but I do feel the AOE range could be about half. If it is intended to be a normal 15-30m joust, then it definitely is still hitting outside of this aoe. However, if I am missing a strat such as stand inside the sculptures or jump down to the next platform, I will certainly take that.
    I was definitely not asking for it to be made easy, I just didn't want to have to cheat my way through the fight, I love strats!
    Thanks again!
    Breanna likes this.