Planar Mastery adorns, was this even thought out?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Vlkodlak, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

So noticed today that none of the adorns on the ethereal merchant are stack-able with each other or with last years class adorn. Seems pretty poor planning to classify everything with a Mastery title to make them not usable with each other. Alone the new adorns are pretty worthless, only as a set would they bring anything worthwhile to the table. Sad to see the entire set of adorns from the new merchant go to waste over a simple reclassification that would make them worthwhile.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

For about 4 classes max last years adorn may be better. For the rest of them, Wave 2 + Wave 3 Rune will be far more worthwhile.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

The archtype adorn and the sub-classs adorn aren't stackable... but if you unlock the sub-class adorn, when you buy the archtype adorn, it will have the subclass adorn ability as well.
  4. semisus Does not play this game

I dont think it was thought out at all , ive had friends quit over this ethereal season and ive seen people saying they wouldent bother with coins since the effect they have was not worth giving up
    Locking it behind a lvl 5 armor ( 500 coins ) doesnt make it better.
    Beee and Hiza like this.
  5. Revel Well-Known Member

As an Illusionist, the KA orange is hands down better than the fervor + ability DC the new stuff provides. Ancient Prismatic chaos as a group buff with 18 triggers is 30-35% of my parse. I'm not giving it up.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

As somebody who has classes with among the best and worst KA class adorns, I don't think keeping the old KA class adorns is the best interest of the game. The disparity is SOOO huge perpetuating is isn't good.
  7. semisus Does not play this game

Do you really think its the best interest of the game that people dont wanna play ethereal coins or decide to find something else to play?
    Not everyone plays more than 1 class
    I find the subclass runes a joke honestly , 500 coins for armor just so i can get this effect which sucks
    As a conjuror giving up my blaze effect is actully a big loss , for a wizard/illy/defiler its just worse
    Can you imagine the difference between a warlock and a wizard with these runes? the wizard will loose the fusion effect while the warlock will only gain since his class effect already sucked , i can imagine the warlock being 50% ahead
    They put in these varius runes which they actully class balanced around and now they have to deal with it
  8. Ashandra Well-Known Member

The runes are on par with the rest of this expacs loot ....
  9. Ogdinmar Active Member

its so funny how people compare it to the class rune still. how do you know the wave 3 hidden run isn't your class rune (slightly upgraded) that will unlock on to the archetype rune too? wink wink
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I'm guessing that's what they've done.. without addressing the huge imbalance between the class adorns.

That's actually my point.. I have the class adorn on my defiler (absolutely kick ***), warden (mostly worthless) and coercer (absolute garbage). That is WHY I think they should discontinue them.. because I have first hand experience with both ends of the spectrum.
  11. Alway Active Member

one day people will stop expecting anything other then untested / "no-sense" content from this company :p
  12. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello,

I found next issuse on the actuell Etherial Subclass Addorns.

After i finished the total overrated Ethernal Chest / Shoulder Acheafment i bougt the Warrior 25 Coins Addorn on my Guardian,
    a chat massage popt of that tells me i have got a Accountflag for this special Addorn.

Accountflag in this case should be if i have the opposide class to a Guardian which is the Berserker i should be able to buy the Subclass Addorn on my Bersi because its a Accoundflag like the other Orange Addorns in PoP Ascension of Live for Example lot it once get the Acountflag and buy it with every toon who is level 105.

I went to the Merc who sells the addorn to proove this and it said meeh you need Planar Armor Acheafment.
    FIX it.

Helfiren
  13. duckster Active Member

Well the new(if you can call them that - mostly same effects as old runes) are on the npc for viewing pleasure/displeasure.

Any chance you can review these(seems there is a handful changed).

Rejoice wiz/illy/fury you get to keep your op runes but others need some love. Would be ideal to have something to look forward to instead of same rune effect.

What is the obsession with adding melee bonus effects to several(guard/mystic come to mind)...is melee damage suddenly going to become relevant again(planar defense debuffs say hi!).
  14. Ogdinmar Active Member

The new guard one is fine, thank you devs for getting rid of the useless old effect.
  15. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Ok, so now Warden joins The Real Healer Club. Fury keeps it's very good group dps buff, not to mention DR that Fury has already. What about Inquisitors? We are only one that are left out again. I appreciate a slight personal dps increase, but let's face it other classes do not need mele buffs, they will not invest into mele stats, noone will build his or her character realying on the assuption of getting Inquisitor in the group.

Right now Inquisitor is the worst healer and dps in the game. Why are you so persistant at not giving us real wards? We've been asking for years at least for Interrogation treshhold removal. A pretty average ward on a long cd. But that would be the start. Instead you gave Teampars a now Wardens a permanent regenerative ward, a much larger ward as well.

I just have no words, words that are not low colloquial words.
  16. semisus Does not play this game

I must say i find it weird , almost all classes got back the old effect or got new improved ones on the new buyable runes you added
    Except for defilers which will loose their ward ? this doesnt seem right
  17. morrdd New Member

Why was the defiler rune changed... adding ability mod by casting spiritual circle.. vs group ward effect ... seems like we are being bumped down the totem pole... first maelstrom then change planar ethereal rune... who even casts spiritual circle?!?!?!?
  18. Bardonio Active Member

Loving the stacked runes. All condensed into The mastery mage. Free up some other slots for reactionary strike. Now at least I don’t have to waste 80 sathirian ethereal coins on the KA class rune!! Thank you Daybreak! Keep up the good work. Looking forward to panda stuff and other mentions via discord. Love how many folks run coin groups day and night. On alts. It’s a good summer grind. Keep us busy until next grind!
  19. Tomshindo Active Member

By the way, I wonder when they will fix Assassinate Mastery.
  20. Tomshindo Active Member

I suppose they look into and fix the fighter rune on the next hotfix, because, especially for dragon stance of monks, the damage is too overpowered.