Guk: beta testing feedback

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Rebelde, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Rebelde Active Member

Hi,

I don't know who was the tester of these zones, but here goes my feedback as a defiler (T2-T3 raid geared)

Halls: As annoying as the old version. Don't pull more than 1 group (something hard sometimes because all the mobs are very "friendly" or you can only cast your direct heals due to the bleedthough.

Corridors: It doesn't matter if you can cure your fears or use the purple rune anti fear or the charm from ToT. You get the fear, yes or yes. Same s**t with bleedthough.

Ykesha: Ring in the entrance -> very funny with kb, power drain, and the bleedthrough over 130%. And here we are. Trying to kill the last (I hope) wave or I'll go to watch a film. More rewarding and satisfatoring that this game.

As a defiler, my role is cast wards that prevent damage. Here I'm a weak version of a healer. No no.
  2. Rebelde Active Member

Second ring, 170% bleedthrough
  3. Adaac Member

Halls heroic last mob took over 1 hour and enough wipes to break armor to kill. Cannot avoid the fear, die to dot and adds beating on you after port. we were all t2 raid geared and I almost quit the zone before we finished it. Gotta stop testing with hand picked top guilds unless you think there enough of those to pay the bills cause the rest of us are finding it not fun at all. Also I got nothing for quest reward so not going back.
  4. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Well, our group has no raid gear, just a mix of heroic and expert but we do good in expert zones and Hate so I thought we would make some progress in there. I was wrong.

Not only couldn't we take the first name but the group of globules over the pool wiped us in seconds every time we agroed it.

Not impressed.
  5. Rebelde Active Member

That bubbles not only cast on you the same det then in Highkeep (as more groups you pull, more damage they do) they also gain charges to the bleedthrough buff I said, so if you had a shaman in group, he/she only can heal you with direct heals.
    We finally finished the 3 first instances and regret to do the 4th until DB fix the zones. They only reason I see to try them is get the access to the raid zone. Loot in "easy" is not impressive. And I don't want to know what kind of gear do you need to try it in expert... or frenzied!
  6. semisus Does not play this game

tried the 4th zone in expert , first named was x2 and went ok until 50% when he just started memwiping every second and that wiped us and they have a ton of mitigation on em , perhaps lower the potency/combat mitigation these mobs have?
    I
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

My view is the Combat Mit on these zones is a tier too high.

Normal zone feels harder than POP Experts
    Expert/Frenzied have pretty ridiculous numbers too.

Also the knockbacks in Guk 3 were not fun in TSO, and definitely not fun now.
  8. slica Active Member

I checked a named combat mit in expert mode and it had 85k combat mit.... I checked the t3 raid mob about a month ago in soh and iirc it had 85k mit.....the zones need to be adjusted and it doesn’t look like it’s coming in next weeks patch either... whomp.
  9. Ludilly Member

Yeah, we took one group of our best T3 geared raiders and pushed through them in a day to get raid access. Took a group like that about 9 hours cause had to remember the strats and all the little things like pull mechanics. Then, too many trash that takes too long to kill, plus stupid long ring events. Nobody is going to waste time on those zones, especially since most have limited time to get their eth coin runs done. It's overtuned, so consensus is to wait until DBG realizes how few people run the zones and adjusts to bring in line with experts.
  10. Colinze New Member

In Expert ,about 5times mob hp and 1/5 dps than normal,so if a normal mode take 1min to kill,then at least a 25mins in expert.makes most boss overwhelming
  11. Rebelde Active Member

@Gninja are you going to fix the lag in Guk raid? There are moments that you can't cast a single cure and there are a lot of them. Million of them...
    Thank you
  12. Gninja Developer

We are looking into it. Its been a tough one to track down, unfortunately.
  13. Rebelde Active Member

14. semisus Does not play this game

did the first zone in expert after patch today , its a challenge alright especially the last named
    but all in all i did enjoy it , was decent loot for us as well
    However i did notice the celestial guard saying doublecast avoidance 120 , seems a little high and i dont think think expert version should have same as a t3 raid mob.
    Looking forward to trying other in experts but really the 3rd zone with the ring events and the ones where only the one with the thing from the forge can damage the named , im really thinking that would take forever
    Perhaps lower the mobs that spawn in the ring events and make it so the clicky applies so everyone in the grp can damage?
  15. Colinze New Member

the final named of frenzied guk1/ guk2 with adds is totally overwhelming