Problem replying to posts

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Khieran, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Khieran Active Member

I'm having problems replying to posts this afternoon. I hit "Post Reply" and the button greys out like it's going to post, then un-greys and the post doesn't go through.

It doesn't matter if I'm quoting, or just replying.

Now to see if this post goes through...

*edit* OK, so new threads work :)
    Rhodris likes this.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Try clicking reply and then use the more options button, reply on that screen. I used to have your same issue and had to go through "more options" in order for the replies to go through. At some point it "fixed" itself and now I just click reply.

Hope that works for you.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I had this same problem as the OP last night, and going through "more options" didn't work. It only seemed to be a problem on one thread, though - the one on EQ2 advertising.

Edit: Yep, still not working on the EQ2 advertisement thread....but ok on others.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Me too, but apparently only for some posts. :confused:
    Rhodris likes this.
  5. Khieran Active Member

That's the one I'm having trouble on as well. Must be something strange about that thread
  6. Khieran Active Member

Just tried - I can't even reply to that thread using "More Options". Others are replying to it though... very strange
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Me neither - but I can reply to other threads (such as this one). I tried the "More Options" as well, and got nowhere with that either. We must have not got the memo.....
  8. Probe One Member

It's been claimed that this happens with reported posts and threads. :eek:
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Conspiracy theories are not helpful or useful. I'm suspecting an odd browser/OS issue here. What happens if you try it with another browser? If you're using MSIE, then try Chrome or Firefox etc. Does the problem STILL occur in a different browser? Have you updated your browser version recently, and if so, does the problem go away if you roll back to an earlier browser version?

Unfortunately, not all browsers conform well to the W3C specifications for scripting or even for the behavior of HTML markup. MSIE is particularly egregious in this matter, and I strongly suspect that these forums were optimized for MSIE. In Firefox, I frequently have to resort to "More Options" because the popup window doesn't work in FF.

People who have been having this problem, what exact browser and operating system are you using? For example, I have:
    • Firefox Quantum 61.0.1
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.180608-0600)

To get the precise info on your browser, click Help, then About. The version number should be listed there.

For the precise info on your OS, click your Windows button, select RUN, and in the box type dxdiag then ENTER. This runs the DirectX diagnostic tool. Click the SAVE ALL INFORMATION button and save it somewhere you can find it. Open the resulting txt file with Notepad and copy the OS info.

Knowing what exact browser/OS combos where the issue occurs will help the web guys pinpoint the issue.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  10. Khieran Active Member

The only thread I've run across that I can't reply to is the EQ Advertising one

This is in Chrome 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I can post a reply using Edge.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since you can post in another browser, it's some weirdness with the browser. I'd submit that in a support ticket asking them to pass it to the forum/web team. You will need to include your exact operating system info, because the same browser can act differently under different versions of an operating system, or between different operating systems.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. Roxxlyy Community Relations

It seems like a handful of players have been running into this issue over the last couple of days.

I've checked the back-end settings for some of the players that have seen this issue, and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary on any of the accounts. I'm not sure what may be causing it; it looks like it could be a problem with the browser like someone else suggested, but I'll also check in with the platform team to see if there have been any weirdnesses from their end.
    Rosyposy and Rhodris like this.
  13. Probe One Member

Responsibility of site\Daybreak, not the user.

"2. Try another browser
    Whatever browser you’re using, try something else. There could be a conflict between your browser and the website in question.

In the long term, this isn’t a very satisfactory solution—especially if you’re attached to a particular browser. But it works in a pinch, and you can start doing some research on why that particular site has problems with that particular browser."
    https://www.pcworld.com/article/2988226/websites/5-ways-to-diagnose-a-website-thats-not-working.html
    "conspiracy theory ... The term is often a derogatory one."

Nor are potentially denigrating posts helpful or useful. What I've read\experienced, when a post is hmhmhmhm, temporarily can't be edited by the owner. It's auto flagged for review. When review completes, owner can edit it. Assuming it's not deleted. Some cases that post can't be responded to. Same with threads.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...erable-error-and-must-shut-down.583508/page-3 Finally got in.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...does-that-mean-censorship-geoblocking.585984/ Couldn't get in.

Would have other samples, but well ..:eek:.. poof.

People can be flagged and blocked from responding. Might be a bug that erroneously blocks responses. Or the browser interface got munged. The recent slew of patches have caused unintended consequences.
    [IMG] Yesterday.
    This may be one, and likely patched next Tuesday?