Defiler's Maelstrom nerf

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Torquem, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Torquem Active Member

Thanks for the clarification Mermut, nevertheless, if its the way the next expansion will work, I wonder if i'll buy it. Wait and see.
  2. Quigly Active Member

This is not correct.

You get 100% bleedthrough when there are 10 or more MOBS engaged with you (it's all or nothing.. 9 increments and heals work the same as with 1 increment).

Incoming healing is reduced by 15% for each ENCOUNTER engaged with you.
    Earar likes this.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

yes there are a debuff they cast on you that reduces healing received by 15% per encounter

and mobs have a buff on themself that increases strikethrough and BT and potency for every increment they get. STrong guk .. and some start at 10 as soon as they start fighting u (and 10 is 100% BT)
  4. Pertinax New Member

What is the plan for power feeds? There aren’t many chanters in game anymore. My defiler maelstrom was a nice fillin for when the group dod have a chanter. I haven’t met a chanter yet that was able to keep up with not only the power drains in the new zones, bit also the power cost. Every new spell has a significant power cost increase with it this expac. Often it takes defiler,bl and chanter feeds to keep groups with power. In raids where power is a huge concern because of rage and fail scripts what is the plan?
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

CaithToday at 6:40 PM
    A shaman class is not going to be the best power restoration in the game, period full stop.

CaithToday at 6:42 PM
    The best power regen classes will be enchanters.

CaithToday at 6:44 PM
    There will not be many instant restore all power abilities, especially not one that ticks every 3 seconds for a long duration, it will be a tug of war with power.

GninjaToday at 6:47 PM
    If bosses drain too much power we can adjust it on that end too. Having full power 100% of the time isn't exactly challenging at all
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

They must not play test then.. because mobs in the Guk zone drain full power every tick.. and some of the power-drain dets are incurable...
  7. Nunja Well-Known Member

I have been bugging Crystallize soul for months since near xpac launch and still nothing. I wouldn't count much on any middle ground with power regen on Maelstrom either. It is just sad that the snowflakes/crybears are the ones they seem to pay attention to.
  8. Rebelde Active Member

This confirm what I though, devs don't play their own game.

CaithToday at 6:40 PM
    A shaman class is not going to be the best power restoration in the game, period full stop.-> If you think that @Caith, you don't know defilers. Try to play your game, once in a lifetime.

CaithToday at 6:42 PM
    The best power regen classes will be enchanters.-> FALSE. Also false that are (was) the Defilers.

GninjaToday at 6:47 PM
    If bosses drain too much power we can adjust it on that end too. Having full power 100% of the time isn't exactly challenging at all-> First, break the spells ******g the players. Then adjust the game........... Have you done Guk @Gninja? I doubt it...

But thank you anyways to fix the nerfed Maelstrom. Now is the same **** with a different odor.

BTW, you have a forum. Why you don't use it? I heard about Caith yesterday in Discord, very rude with the players that pay his/her salary... Something that any customer deserves
    Pixistik likes this.
  9. knine Well-Known Member

I love how they really only post in discord.. like they are too lazy to get on the forums...nobody was saying a nerf wasn't needed, but lets be honest you didn't even hit the class that is the Power king lmfao...then you go all the way left to make it a PITA. Don't care about not having full power some of the time.. we care about not having full power all the time, because well sometimes we need to cure.. oh no wait you put in stuns/stifles that are resistant to items or aa's you put in the game that is supposed to make you immune... so I say back to you.. sure having 100% full power isn't exactly challenging, but placing dets in game that override the sole purpose of aa's or items placed in the game.. well that's not too brilliant.. just saying :)
    Pixistik, Adaac, Mermut and 1 other person like this.
  10. Gninja Developer

Let me know what abilities are draining 100% power constantly and I will take a look. Yes, we read the forums and yes, we play the game. But, our posts often bring out the worst in folks posting replies. It's difficult keeping threads on track once we post in them.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

The det from the first mob in Guk raid zone.. the arcane drains full power before the group cure can even finish. The group cure fails due to lack of power.
    Edit: The arcane det. I don't recall the name. I'll see if I can get it next time we run the zone.
  12. Gninja Developer

Base population first mob or first boss mob? I can't prob find it.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Named mob.. Strange Stalker
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

mobs that insta power drain

efreets in sol ro, not constant though

treskar throatpuncher in zraxth arcanum - it's not contant but it's insta

the phanthom wraith in SoH - nor really constant .. but consistantlyduring fight. So instant that if u don't have the right power feed, u cannot even cure anymore.

I'm sure there are others but hard to say ... and I play warden too often to really see the worst power drain mobs :/
  15. Gninja Developer

I know... I was quoting you, quoting me, as an answer to the other quote. Clear as mud? :p
    Dude likes this.
  16. Gninja Developer

Toxic Effusion, I'm guessing. It was not set high but with the added stats affecting it, the percentage went higher than it should have. I am tweaking it back so it's not affected by the boss' stats and is in a more reasonable range.

There is one more spell (Venomous Whorl) that drains power heavily but its a fail effect so I am going to leave that one as is for now.
    Dude and Mermut like this.
  17. Mindsway Well-Known Member

If you want enchanters to be used more, you're probably going to need to give Illusionists stronger group power options (maybe give a big boost to Manatap?). From what I hear enchanters can probably use a DPS boost as well. How do well-geared enchanters with good ascensions compare to similarly equipped mages?
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

Part of the problem is that manaflow is a one time boost and most of the power drains are pretty significant over time drains. The total feed for manaflow doesn't equal the amount of drain either.
    Being full power is lots more 'fun' then having zero power and being able to do, literally, nothing.
    Rebelde likes this.
  19. slica Active Member

Enchanter are not supposed to compete with the other mage dps classes. Illys are fine with their dps potential. I cannot say for coercers.
  20. Earar Well-Known Member

mana cloak could be boosted too

savante could be changed - it was a nice spell when most mana loss came from spells. Now ... mana loss comes from drain so savante isn't as usefull

manatap/ cannibalize thoughts mana regen could be boosted too

change mind's eye to be more active power regen ?

I guess since illus have more utility/ buffing .. shoudl be fair coercers still have edge on power regen