City fest Kelethin/Fallen Gate

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Schmetterling, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Thanks so very much the merchants are up ;)
    and Kella showed up for her work too :D
    Kaitheel likes this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

That's a relief! Thank you for the confirmation.

~ Kaitheel
  3. Moanings New Member

All the city festival NPCs seem to have disappeared on Fallen Gate after Thursday's patch. One of them (the Local Specialties merchant) already stopped selling stuff altogether some time before (it was selling them one moment, then stopped the next; I think this happened at roughly around 5-6PM Pacific time on Wednesday?). The in-game calendar suggests the festival should available until the end of August 7th (Pacific time).

I fully understand this would not a priority in the eyes of most players, but would it be possible to a) easily confirm if this change was intended, and b) if not, if there is an easy fix to bring the event back with next week's patch for a bit?
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Sadly, they ran away again, sir.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

The good news is that our diligent code staff think they have found the culprit for all these event issues that Fallen Gate has been having. They are working on a fix!

The bad news is that it is a communication issue with the zones. Apparently, zones that shut down may not keep the event settings upon restarting, so even though the Kelethin City Festival was active for The Village of Shin, when Greater Faydark restarted it didn't activate the event again. Blargh.

I've restarted the Kelethin City Festival in Greater Faydark for Fallen Gate, again. Hopefully the zone doesn't shut down and the event remains active.

~ Kaitheel
    Cheallaigh, Niami DenMother and Dude like this.
  6. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

this seems to be a common issue lately with several events, i appreciate the effort in trying to fix it, but i do hope the cause is being tracked down. currently this is the third event(MLE,Hunter Daily, Kelethin) on FG that has had some sort of issue in the last few weeks... i'm feeling a repeat of skyfire :p
  7. Mariebella Well-Known Member

Hope it resolves- we never really got an update about MLE, just an opps turning it off and on again didn't work.
  8. Moanings New Member

Thank you for the update and for resetting the event! Unfortunately, the Local Specialties merchant (Chris Weathers) has stopped selling his wares again. I've asked others, and they are experiencing the same issue as well. The other merchants work fine, but this one has no items in the "Buy" tab any more.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

As of right now, Weathers has his special Kelethin items again.

Thank you for alerting me!

~ Kaitheel
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, that's because this is the same issue. It's a continuing conversation that moved threads due to this event being the current one. Again, I'm hoping our coders are correct, and that they have identified the issue and have a fix for it.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Nele Member

Not working again. Weathers doesn't have any items for sale
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

The entire festival has disappeared :(
    I hope you guys can puzzle this out I still need a lot of that beautiful wood and some of the furniture.
    Thanks " Kaitheel" for listening to us and trying to fix things.

There are lot's of sad people on this server who love the Kelethin furniture.
    Having to wait another 6 months for the festival to come back is just unfathomable.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

You're absolutely welcome. Once we know the issue is truly solved I plan on activating the events impacted, to help give Fallen Gate a bit of what they missed out on.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Wouldn't parking a character there and keeping it logged in make the zone remain open?

For instance I move a character from account A to Kelethin, then I change to account B and do whatever I plan on doing and switch back occasionally to make sure account A is not booted or timed out, then return to playing with account B. Would this not keep the zone open for everybody?
  15. Kaitheel Developer

It absolutely should if account A is always logged on, yes.

~ Kaitheel
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok Kaitheel just volunteered to sit in Kelethin for the rest of the week ;):D.

and I have had accounts on all night and did not time out , as long as your in a open zone the game will not kick you.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

everything is here Kella , the collectables even the local merchant , but he has nothing to sell again :(
    you must have logged of Cyrrena, or it did not work.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

The tentative fix that code made, to resolve the disappearing events issue, went live with this morning's update. While it appears to have solved the initial cause of all this trouble, it did not resolve the game play issue we are experiencing. Frustratingly, events are still not being seen as active when a zone starts.

They are continuing to work on it.

~ Kaitheel
    Schmetterling likes this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sigh, thank you very much for activating the festival yesterday Kaitheel, you made many people very happy
    It appears that they had such a high need for the local wears , that the merchant is all out of merchandise again :eek: .
    So please could you send him a delivery of more goods , so the people who missed him yesterday ( like me ):(
    can get some more of his goodies.
    I hope we won't have this much trouble from now on , thanks for all your hard work , your's and all the others.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Weathers still has no goods