I can't rose anyone except in Qeynos

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Strings, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Strings Well-Known Member

I'm suddenly unable to rose anyone. Everyone I target it says they are not a friend. I'm not declining trades in my options. I've relogged more than once. I've tried in Gnomeland Security and in my GH and the Great Divide. It only works in Qeynos. If this is some sort of working as intended change done on purpose, then that is not okay. Why on earth would they change that? Just to be cruel?
    Quillyne and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Cord New Member

That is why I save up the snowballs :)
    Strings and Breanna like this.
  3. Cragfire Well-Known Member

or.. what was the other one... ah... Fruitcake? hah
    Strings and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Strings Well-Known Member

I'm still unable to rose people anywhere but Qeynos. Why on earth would they go to the effort to make a change to take something away from us? Roses weren't broken, they weren't hurting anyone. I just don't understand. :(
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Strings likes this.
  6. Strings Well-Known Member

I didn't actually think of that. I've put in a ticket. Thanks.
  7. Cordorb New Member

Strings likes this.
  8. Strings Well-Known Member

Putting a ticket in didn't help anything :(

"I understand you're having some trouble with your item not working properly. I couldn't find anything that would limit them to faction or city. The only thing it says is, "You can only give a rose to another player." I did notice that you have them in your shared bank as well. Maybe move those and see if it makes any difference? We'll send in a bug report but I strongly advise that you also submit a /bug report so it can be looked into and fixed."

I did a /bug. A guildy of mine just complained about broken rosing, too. [sad]\]

P.S. My ticket's status was changed to "solved".
  9. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

I cannot myself give a rose unless the person is grouped with me. Tested it on a stranger's toon, then on one of my alt accts. Had to form a group to hand over a rose. I tried in Plane of Magic this time. Not sure where I tried before.
    Strings likes this.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

What? That is weird. I have no knowledge of any change that would affect the fresh-cut roses. And absolutely no change was intentionally made!

I'll investigate it tomorrow, when I'm back at the office. In the mean time has anyone else able to give roses elsewhere?

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Thanks for the help investigating this!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That just means its closed out of the CSR's queue. It doesn't mean the bug is closed.
    Siren, Rosyposy and Strings like this.
  13. Ratala Active Member

I have been out doing Newsies and Guides guide and I can't give roses unless I'm in Freeport. I have been trying this on Isle of Refuge with different alts.
  14. Kaitheel Developer

I wanted to keep you informed, this issue has been confirmed and diagnosed. It was an unintended side-affect of another change. It is now in the hands of our code staff!

I'll let you know as this progresses!

~ Kaitheel
    Strings, Siren, Alenna and 3 others like this.
  15. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I /bug 'd it yesterday or the day before. Really weird.
    Thanks for looking into it Kaitheel.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Kaitheel is our hero!!!

*tackle hugs Kaitheel, then sends tons of Kaitheel treats and treat guards so nobody pinches them*
    Siren, Rhodris and Kaitheel like this.
  17. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Hmmm treat guards... do they die as easily as Qeynos guards? *laughs maliciously as I slip into the shadows but leaves the treats alone out of respect for both Cyrrena and Kaitheel*
    Rosyposy and Kaitheel like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Meneltel. I only send Kaitheel the best treat guards, the ones with God powers and God health.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Oh, im glad im honorable then, though I have god powers also, you know... *casts a random Ascension spell*
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

I just wanted to assure you all that even though this issue was not resolved with this latest update, it has not been forgotten.

~ Kaitheel
    Strings, Siren, GrunEQ and 4 others like this.