Fearless morale not working in Guk?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mindsway, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Mindsway Well-Known Member

In Guk HOF for last named (Lord Kurpep), he casts a group-wide fear and we had a pally with Fearless Morale and yet we still got feared. Is that a bug or working as intended?
  2. semisus Does not play this game

we tried using the deathtouch charm/old purple/ etc can nothing worked , we finnaly got him down after like 7 attempts or so
    this zone for casual people is not gonna work , its to much for normal mode
  3. Glynt Active Member

Sorry to inform you but most of the game for Casual people isn't working. Let alone this rehashed zone that pretty much everyone hated.

On a more helpful note the original Lord Kurpep needed to be stunned and stifled to avoid his fear and aoe's perhaps they forgot that mechanic.
    Rhodris and Meneltel like this.
  4. Chrol Developer

The bug is that it's supposed to be a group-wide stifle. Also, his other (well, only, after the next update) fear, Terror of Ykesha, will have a reduced range and longer casting time so it can be more readily interrupted.
    Mindsway and Meneltel like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Druid Howling with the Pack.. which should cure stuns, stifles and fears as also not working...
    Mindsway likes this.
  6. Murfalad Member

I cast to interrupt him, but I still get the noxious debuff that power drains me completely within seconds despite interrupting it, is this correct? Also interrupting him reliable while trying to focus the adds down isn't possible, one or the other, so I'm guessing we need a lot more aoe dps.

Couple that with high respawn rate of the adds and he is a bit of a nightmare, unless I'm missing a fail condition then this fight needs vastly more dps then the proceeding ones.

As a tank there isn't anything I can do about him wailing on the group while I hop back either (he's dropped aggro), so it seems luck based on whether people die on return, max deaths then make a long fight an almost inevitable failure. Being power drained/stifled with a aggro drop - ouch.

I don't remember him being such a nightmare first time around as Guk: Halls of the fallen was my favourite dungeon in the game, its either tuned a lot harder, or people need to be much better geared then I am and we can kill T2 raid names. Am I missing a fail condition here?
  7. Godelpus New Member

Orange rune Adamant Resolve also fails to prevent the stifle on my mystic, so if I'm interrupted on the pre-cure it invariably ends in a wipe as everyone is power drained.
  8. Leed Active Member

Kurpep seems to have a pretty high chance of getting the cast off no matter if you stun him, use abilities that claim to 'interrupt the target', knockback, bash, etc. you name it - he still seems to get it off. (On the stifle/100% power drain ability that is)
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

No stun/stifle/fear/etc prevent/breakers work (for any classes) in any of the new Guk zones.... because reasons :confused:
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's a prelude for last xpac

stun/stiffles and others stuffs won't be immunizable anymore (if it's a word :p)

better change your AAs soon
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Not just immune.. all those AA specifically for BREAKING control effects are useless in Guk too..
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

i know ... and I fear that it's just the begining

more and more useless AAs .. because ... it's intended
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Not fun being stifled and feared and\stunned... etc... and why was EQNext cancelled? (Hint: Not because it was the most fun thing out there!)
    Naneeje, Mindsway and Rhodris like this.
  14. Naneeje Well-Known Member

So they can make EQ3! Level 40 cap with +1 Stamina!!! Only we are going to base it off of Marvel's movie plan.
    That means EQ3 will bring us to the world of Antonia Bayle, when she was going through her teenage Angst years and actually dated Luclin.
    Breanna and Mindsway like this.
  15. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I don't believe they were honest about when Next was actually thrown in the bin. I have no faith in their justification for why. I get it, using that excuse to rub their nose in all of the unfun things now is annoyingly humorous. I've done similar in the past. Still, if they actually cared about their games being fun I suspect the last three years over multiple titles would have been quite a bit different.
    Anaogi and Meneltel like this.
  16. Naneeje Well-Known Member

I do think they need to be fun. You can't please everyone, but... I think everyone was a little sick of tradeskilling, which is a huge part of this game, didn't get much love for KA and boy did they make up for it this expansion, just awesome tradeskilling lines. I actually want to do them over and over again on alts to get to 110 and gear was relevant all the way up to the Guk solos. To be honest, I still have to buy mastercrafted because I can't loot enough from Guk :)
    To get back on point, they did make this fun, and big hats off to the Shard of Hate PQ for involving fighters as well as tradeskillers, just an amazing concept bred from the Iksar Hero who made it way too many times to the Ganak encampment :)
    It's a fun game, it's a fun zone, (Aside from faction grinding), but in the end, way way way better than any other option out there.
    I don't own a Honda. Not saying I wouldn't, but why drive a Honday when you can own a Mustang for the same price. I pay $15 a month across 2 for me, my older kid, my younger kid and I gladly pay that bill every month.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

I guess fun is relative. I used to run the PQs too.. until they went to % based heals in there and made healers largely ineffective. I haven't been to one since.
    Lateana likes this.
  18. Earar Well-Known Member

PQs would be fun if my damage was relevant.

well .. any content would be fun if my spell/CAs were relevant
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can't do damage worth noticing and your heals do next to nothing.. what's not to love? :p
  20. Earar Well-Known Member

the Celestial Teachings u don't get :)