Devs: - Bug report - Class defining abilities broken recently

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Kahling, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

thing is .. all those AAs now become useless on top of all the other useless AAs

the bruiser AA that boosted close mind was also giving a cure on terminaison. Now it's also 117 --> useless; all those spells are there to help fighters being more resilient if they have a crappy healer who cannot cure. How many times my tank had to cure himself to not be stunned because the healer couldn't bother. And on top of that other fighter like monks and bruisers still have self cure that go up to 200 levels from their CA.

and they changed it this xpac but never really did any mention about it. and the paladin "cure spells" is an end of line AA .. it should be great .. meaningfull (it taunts for every cure !! you don't care about that in solo) ... arch heal is already crap .. so that makes only 2 end of line AAs "good" to use.

and paladins fantasy is still priest tank ... so it made sense to give them a cure. But if it's not the fantasy .. remove it and give them something else more meaningfull.

but yeah then why bruisers and monks have respectivelly indomitable will and will of the heavens that can dispell around 200 levels of hostile every 1 minute. monks even have 144 levels of noxious cure on mend.

why bigpipe solo cannot cure when it's supposed to be used in group --> and now it's 117 (and it's in prestige tree !!! should be good). It's nice to have all those liffle stuff when u group with a slacking priest or a priest that has only 1 group cure ... what u can balance on is the reuse .. increase the reuse of the non priests !! so it becomes situational. bagpipe reuse is 1min .. make it 2/2:30 min reuse but make it stronger.
    Mindsway likes this.
  2. SteveB Active Member

Could you please also write me such a thread for boosting up Inquis? ;-) Would be highly appreciated
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

it's like the bruiser close mind --> immunity to CC for 30 sec

But doesn't work on most raid CC, because it's none of the ones listed .. it's another type of CC. and no class has immunity over it.

all those benefits that some classes had where defining as ingerimm said.

You kind of mix balance and homogenization. Fighters lose slowly their defining skills ... and it's a problem because then it means there will be only 2 playable classes --> the best defense and the best offense. no need of the others.

If every class can do the same things, u pick just pick the best ones. Guardian, monk, SK. gardians still great in defense ... monk a great mix of both and SK best offensive tank

Bruiser, paladins and Zerk seems to be behind ... Palies and zerk are still ok .. though outshined by guards and SK. and bruisers and so outshined by monks.

and the paladin self cure and stuff like that were great self defining skills ... and u remove them slowly making only 1 fighter class. But it's boring and it's not what we want.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

when u say stuff like that we wonder if you (you as devs, not u alone) understand the game, understand the classes and understand why people play those classes.

then ... curse. the class definig cure is cure curse. or multiple cures. Priests are the only ones who can easily in short time cure multiple cures and cure curse.

use those stuffs more so u need a priest ... or just totally remove those other classes cures. But at the same time it's nice to being able to have a "second" job in a class .. if as said .. the priest is slacking or dead .. and encounter almost dead .. but BAM u got a detriment u need to cure. Doesn't make u wipe if u have other classes that can cure --> make longuer reuse for those classes so it's a niche spell but that can be powerfull if used right.
    Mindsway and Meneltel like this.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

oh and now .. thinking about other stuffs. (yeah I know .. made lots of posts :p)

ok so u want for multiple cures .. that only a healer can do it

but look .. every healer doesn't have the same strengths. Druids and inquisitors have multiple cures. templars and shamans don't.

A fight like behemoth in gears is a pain as templar/shaman if multiple people get detriment. Because u need to keep healing, and u need to cure.

And it all comes to group composition. If u have a paladin or troub in group, you know u can get help from them for the cures. or for the heals. that's what is nice, like troubs are great for casters and dirges are great for melee .. you have tanks and healers combinations that work best. A paladin before could afford to have a weaker healer because the paladins heals good supplement.

for exemple, in old days, groups were running with 2 healers. but since pallies could heal .. and low dps, then why not have a pally, an offensive healer like inqui or fury and more dps ???
    whereas a SK who had a lot more DPS but less tankiness would have needed 2 healers.

same for bards, they are supposed to be jack of all trades, so giving them all kind of tools if they spec for it is awesome.

5 cures for a druid is piece of cake - 5 cures for a mystic not so much. .. some classes need exterior help for stuff they lack. Which is nice. no class should be completly self reliant.

as said pallies should be more reliant on cures, but they would anyhow need dps to kill stuff. and so on .. but u destroy slowly diversity
  6. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Multiple cures are fine once in a while but this expac tripled down on them. It is pretty demoralizing for a druid to just be a cure machine. You can't even aoe block most of them.
    Rebelde likes this.
  7. Rebelde Active Member

Problem is that you don't allow SK to do that!!!!. So it's white, but for them it's black. Yes, but for them it's no.

A final AA of the heroic tree with 1 min recast USELESS in raid.... Really? I can't understand why you give a tool to that class just to solo/heroic content.Well, and the minor nameds in the (terrible) SoH epic zone. Because all the PoM names are 118....

It's too much power for crusaders. I'm sure that if you change that AA, RL only will have sks in raid to get their cures... ><

Maybe it is intended because you only want monks in raid. Just check Will of the Heavens, dispells 190 levels. Yes it's self, but 190 levels. But not for crusaders, oh no my god! Better only monks tanking in raid and less work to do "balancing" classes.

I really don't undestand your reasoning.

And yes, I'm angry and my English sucks. My apologies.
  8. Quigly Active Member

I guess the issue I see with this is that non-priest cures are already worse than priest cures simply by nature of their recast. My SK cannot act as a healer when it comes to curing, but he can supplement a real priest with a well timed Zealous Smite or Chaotic Blade.

As such, with difficult content requiring multiple cures already (see corpulus for example), a non-priest class can never keep up with priest. In fact, some priests can't even keep up with other priests and raids resort to using a handcrafted with cure clickies.

Bottom line: the fighter group cures and single cures are balanced by their recast. There is no need to make them completely useless by artificially limiting their cure level.
    Quillyne, quisling, Mermut and 2 others like this.
  9. Gninja Developer

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I am saying if there are AEs with a multiple cure aspect, it SHOULD be able to be cured by anyone allowing them to help the healers. If it's a single increment AE it should be fine to cast as 118 and require it cured by a priest. As I said before if that is not the case with some AEs you have run into please point them out to me and I can take a look.
  10. Gninja Developer

I can take a look at Corpulus.
    quisling likes this.
  11. Rebelde Active Member

Corpulus, Dysperitia, Amhon (that can teleport the healer to the cage, and there you can't cure)... but why? Why it should be cured by a healer? Anyone thinks that you can survive in raid without a healer in your group? Why "castrate" a group cure from a non-healer class? Or a single cure (from SK, a monk can cure himself with his/her spell)
    Thank you
  12. Gninja Developer

That's 3 bosses. You folks made it sound like it's on every boss. :p
  13. Gninja Developer

Also, looking at Amohn, I am not seeing multiple cures needed on that fight. I believe that was changed right after the expansion launched.
  14. Gninja Developer

Plaguebringer's Touch (Dysperitia) is also a single cure.
  15. Rebelde Active Member

5 charges. And I don't remember the name, but in Brackish, there is a named with a 3 charges detrimental.

But again, is not more easy give more lvls to two skills that touch mobs?
  16. Gninja Developer

Just checked Plaguebringer's Touch and it is without a doubt landing as 1 charge. Checked on the live servers.

I found Freezing Rain in the Eurold encounter, I assume that is what you referring to. I changed it to level 117 for that specific case. Should be included in next week's update.
    Meneltel, Rosyposy and Dude like this.
  17. Clintsat Well-Known Member

I swear it used to require more than one cure...
  18. Gninja Developer

It might have but it was changed shortly after launch as well during initial difficulty adjustments.
  19. slica Active Member

Let’s try not to make every raid boss easy now Gninja :0
  20. Gninja Developer

Are ya claiming every boss has multi-det cures? :p