Average player wont be able to afford kronos soon

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lorilie, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Lorilie Member

I wish they had a team dedicated to stomping out exploits and bots. Pretty soon those who rely on kronos for their monthly sub won't be able to afford them.
  2. ErriondRivan New Member

3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

So much stuff has increased in price in the past few weeks, like shinies and masters to account for this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Go have a look at krono prices on Maj'Dul before you complain.

It's not bots or exploits. People buy cheap krono, then reprice them higher. They make a net profit, then do it again.
    Fangrim likes this.
  5. Land Stander New Member

This is ridiculous. Sell some pages or shinys. I routinely make between 60g and 10p off of level 30 pages from EL-zek-Feerrott (this is per page when a full round of collecting brings in about 70+ pages/shinys. If i'm being lazy this takes 40 minutes, if i get ambitious and take a few hours i come to the broker with around 200 collection items.). These are the easiest trash shinys I farm, and typically the highest earners. I've made my krono money off of this trash since vanilla on FG, and did the same on stormhold.

If you really want Krono money you're playing the wrong game anyway. Vastly easier to earn them in EQ1, and the market is more stable. But as far as EQ2 FG goes, put the time in and you'll make the plat. As krono value increases, so does the value of collections and harvesting items. Find a resource that sells well and farm it. Run it's price into the ground if you have to, take a week off and come back to it.

Plat is absurdly easy to generate on any eq2 server, just be smart about it.
    Cheallaigh, Dude and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I sell shinies, rares, and common harvests and do much the same.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  7. Sovereign New Member

On stormhold we used to have a guildie who payed for his monthly sub with Kronos and I think it was when the price got to around 3.5k that he gave up as he was spending more time farming than playing normally with friends.
    Meneltel likes this.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

Actually I disagree.

In the past 3-4 weeks something has happened and a significant amount of plat is entering the market. Someone keeps logging in with generated names and buying 20-30 krono at a time, logging off and never logging on again. The same is happening on all servers.

I would bet every krono i have there is a dupe going on, these krono are getting gobbled up and quickly sold to RMT purchasers in EQ1 where krono has become the primary currency.

Players like myself are making alot of profit in the instability this is creating in the market, but I would stake everything I have on the current inflation rate is artificially high due to a hack or exploit. This behavior didn't exist until just a few weeks ago, previously you'd see small jumps as the bot crews bought up krono for the month, but nothing like the number of 20-30 krono purchases the past few weeks.

I've personally witnessed no less than 6 of these events each week the past 3 weeks.
  9. Maledicere Member

I neither buy nor sell them, but people no longer XP grind 30-60 and buying collections is the new thing that almost everyone is doing now for that level range. And by nearly everyone, I mean those that didn't outright quit or give up on leveling on FG since ROK due to the insane XP gain. It's no longer a thing that a select few do to level, it's a reasonable response when it takes a few hours of grinding per level. That's going to have a massive impact on the economy and contribute to the rising cost of Kronos.
  10. Fistpower Well-Known Member

There is no way the current krono situation on Fallen Gate isnt an exploit. When contacting Kander & Caith no one recieved any response to the issue, not even "we might look at it", just complete silence. There has been very little communicate even on discord the last 2 weeks, I wonder whats going on.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If an exploit is suspected, they're usually really close-lipped about it. No sense in encouraging others to figure out the exploit and make the problem worse. They're usually silent until a fix is in and the perpetrators banned or Drundered.
  12. Nimbrithil Member

People are paying Kronos to get Myth updates so the price is being inflated because of demand
  13. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

These are some heavily allegations/conspiracy... I'm not saying you're wrong, but how do you know who is buying krono? The only way to see a broker purchase is if you are the seller.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm selling krono on more than one character at more than one price. I have the krono search screen open and see them all start changing to 0 available within seconds of each other.

I then look at my krono sold and see the same name purchased across multiple accounts corresponding with when they showed as purchased from the broker window.

Additionally, I've communicated to other sellers to confirm the same name bought from them at the same time. Likewise other sellers have observed the same behavior and contacted me to confirm the purchases name and time.

I'm quite confident in my allegation, and I know I and others have reported the suspicious activity to DBG.
    Druids_Dont_Heal and Meneltel like this.
  15. Papablaze Member

I mean it should be pretty obvious, the same name Levendris is putting up broken stuck kronos weekly, whether they are higher or lower priced depends, but there is obviously something going on. Krono has never spiked 300 plat in a weeks time prior to this.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

I think slightly better context is 100% inflation in less than 2 weeks.

Yesterday was 15% in a day.
  17. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

I do know that I tried to buy a lower priced Krono yesterday. The game took the money from my cash, tried to processed the sale and gave me an error saying the item was no longer available and then returned my money, all in a matter of a couple of seconds. I could see my total cash decrease and then increase by the correct amounts however.

Perhaps there is an issue with the seller actually getting the purchase price? At the end of the day I will need to leave it to DBG to determine what if anything is actually going on but it does seems suspicious with the large spike in prices.
  18. Kander Developer

We're looking into this. We've detected some weirdness going on, some accounts have been dealt with. We'll continue to monitor.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Thanks for letting us know, Kander.
  20. Lorilie Member

Thanks Kander. I am glad some people are also logical and watch prices and can see these type of activities for what they are, instead of saying things like "just sell shinies". I mean come on, sigh.