Need Help to Duplicate Constructed Couch (Layout Editor)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Sigrdrifa, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is for my baby toon Gulveig on Fallen Gate. She has tons of "a tomb guard chair" (picked up while doing the tome quests in the Qeynos catacombs). I couldn't find a table that matched the chairs well, so I bought a Gothic Desk from the Marketplace to use as a dining table. Then I wanted a seating area with comfy couches. Nothing matches, so I built my couch (2 each Half Block of Rosewood, Short Column of Rosewood, Tall Column of Rosewood,Stair of Rosewood, plus 8 of the house item version of Hadden's Earring).

Now I want to build two more couches just like it for my sitting area. I am pretty sure there's some slick method using the Layout Editor to do that, but I am not grokking what the tutorials are trying to teach me. Can any of my fellow Homeshow folks help me out here?

[IMG]

This is Lion's Mane Inn on Fallen Gate, South Qeynos, up the stairs to the left, second door.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Duplicate the items in a group and then select the duplicated items and rotate them around a point. Jazabelle's tutorial below.

http://homesandtomes.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-rotate-items-around-point.html
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Okay, after much fighting with it, I figured out my problem. In the tutorial, she's suggesting moving the duplicated item by 4 or 8 units. That works in a guild hall, not so much in a Lion's Mane Inn Room. Moving it 8 was probably putting it right outside the bay window :)

When I moved it by 2, VOILA! Then I could rotate and move the new couch to where I wanted it. Whew!

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Kloo and Breanna like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grats! :D

Uwk
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Looks Great :)
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Heh! This was just the start of a gnomish home decorating project. when I get the whole place done I'll post it :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Here's the finished room, with additional gnomish touches.

[IMG]
    Kloo, Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

!! I never thought of Haddens Earring for cushions! Le gasp! This looks great. I'm still tinkering a bit trying to learn the basics of maneuvering items with the editor. I haven't figured out diffs yet or how to group duplicate or move yet. But I have figured out how to nudge items by just a hair. :) i wanna see the finished version later!
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I just flipped the pillows upside down to hide the fish. If it was couches for a Kerra instead of a Gnome, you might face the fish bones out ;)
    [IMG]

Fallen Gate has a real pillow shortage. I had to traipse back and forth between my inn room and the Shady Swashbuckler a bunch, because I needed 24 pillows. You can get one earring and convert it inventory to the house item, then get a second as the stat item, go back home, put down the house version, convert the second one to a house item, put it down, rinse and repeat.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The thing that bothers me about it is that it should've been (imho) a Charm (Optional) thing in the first place, since you have to give up a real Earring slot to wear it (and put up with all those ridiculous bloody quests in Nektropos Castle, which seem a bit "tacked on" and lacking in any real motivation; those steps could easily be put anywhere else on the planet and still work). On the other hand, once it's activated, you don't have to worry again about the ability for the next 12 hours. ;->

Uwk
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I love it. I am still determined that someday I will learn to use that blasted editor and make my brain visions come to life in a house.