Siren's Grotto Raid - activate challenge mode?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by SynnikuL, Jul 18, 2018.

1. SynnikuL Active Member

Anyone remember how to activate challenge mode?

I get to Gen'ra, the big turtle guy, and the war council and upon aggroing Gen'ra, chat message:

"A mystical barrier forms shielding the warcouncil from combat, dispel it in order to activate challenge mode"

I tried attacking it but it seems invulnerable, I also tried to dispel it with warden's spell, serene symbol. Nothing seems to work and I eventually get a chat message "The warcouncil departs, challenge mode no longer available".

Tried searching as well but can't seem to find anything. Would appreciate any help!
    Brigit and elflover like this.
  2. Breta Well-Known Member

It takes like 3 dispels to remove the shield.
  3. Malleria Well-Known Member

If I remember right it has to be mage dispel too. I don't think other classes works. Could be wrong on that though.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

We used to use brigand.
    Avarice likes this.
  5. SynnikuL Active Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. I tried again after lockout and was finally able to dispel the barrier. I tried using paladin doom judgement and warden serene symbol, but neither of those worked even though the description said they dispel. I ALSO noticed that if you target the barrier, it has a spell buff with 4 ticks on it. Each one will disappear on a successful dispel so you can track what is or isn't working. So you indeed have to dispel it 4 times. I ended up using 4 mages with their "absorb magic" dispel and that worked. Didn't see the message above about brig working until after I did it, but I can definitely confirm mage works. Again, thanks very much for the help on this!

For anyone else reading this, the next challenge mob, Overlord Talan can be activated by right-clicking the portal he opens and clicking "stabalize portal". The portal opens on the other side of the room he's in a few moments after you engage him. You'll see a chat message as well. Soon as you stabalize it, better hit him with an ascension one-shot before you get perma stunned.

Last challenge mob is easy - just light one of the torches and he appears already in "challenge" form. Just kill him.

Thanks once again for the help - I got all the challenge achievements in here now (finally).
    Avarice and Brigit like this.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The stun from Talan was from a clicky from an earlier boss iirc.
    Brigit likes this.
  7. Brigit Member

SPOILER ALERT:

This thread actually has the most information anywhere online about this raid, yet, there are still a few things that I ran into that I could not find information on anywhere. Since this is an old raid that no one really does anymore except those that want to check off their "To Do" list, thought I would include here.

SPOILER ALERT:

1) Mentor to level 95 (if you are 110.) Otherwise, you WILL fail HM if you go in at 110;

2) When attacking Gen'ra, nearly 98% of the time the toxic urchin will spawn on the mage that will be absorbing magic on the barrier. When the urchin attacks, that will fail HM immediately. If you are solo'ing the instance, in-between your absorb magic spell, hit any and all cures/decrease threats that you can. You don't have much time. In a worse case scenario, use your conch and start that fight over. Remember, you only have a few seconds to do all of this.

2) When you get to Overlord Talon: Send pet, then run back to the portal where you came in. To the immediate right will appear a portal that will open. The words will say something to the effect that ~Talon has opened a portal~ and you are going to right click it ASAP. The words will come up for you to "Absorb the Portal" and you right click that (I just kept right clicking the portal when it appeared until the words came up.) If you succeeded, it will tell you that you (it will say your name) have absorbed the portal. Immediately run over to Overlord Talon and start smacking him with all your Ascension spells. His hits like a Mac truck, so your pet and mercenary may be dead or nearly dead, so be quick. If YOU die, you fail (if you have a pet still alive and you rez, you still have a chance.) Do NOT die. If you succeed and kill him, you have successfully killed him in HM. Go to last boss which is only possible if you kill this boss in HM.

Last boss automatically triggers when you walk into the area.

Congrats on completing this awful raid solo! :)
    Avarice and SynnikuL like this.
  8. morderir Active Member

for the dispelling of the barrier i have done it several time with my fury using serene symbol , it worked ( but i have it maxed )
    Brigit likes this.