Concerning the recent server outages 7/13/2018

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Caith, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Caith Developer

We are working to correct the root cause of the issues that have been impacting server stability over the last couple days. We have identified a potential cause and are currently in the process of addressing it. Once we have more information, we will update this thread.
    Laaw and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

You have to feed the hamsters every day. Those little guys need food to keep their little feet running on the wheels that power the servers. :rolleyes:
  3. Ely Rose New Member

Can you tell us when servers will be back up? #MajDul Por Favor :oops:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Caith Developer

Unfortunately I do not have an ETA, other then as soon as possible.
  5. Caith Developer

Maj'Dul is available again, we've addressed one possible cause of the stability issues and will continue monitoring the servers.
  6. SilversCross New Member

Can we get more detail please. What is one possible cause?
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That almost certainly falls under trade secrets and is none of our bizwax so long as they get it fixed.
  8. Tekka Well-Known Member

There is unlikely to be an exact cause given prior to a fix, and maybe not even after.

It's not a trade secret, or any silly thing like that. There are few proprietary things in the industry these days, and even then companies still know in general what others are up to - and have done since The Great EQ2 vs WoW feud that started before release. This isn't my personal feels, it's from listening to various panels and developer chats over the years - including some from the SoE/DBG team(s). It's accountability and customer expectation.

If The Team says it's Thing A, and they're fixing Thing A, and it turns out not to have anything to do with Thing A, customers get fussy.

If The Team instead says: There is a problem, and we've isolated a possible cause, fix incoming. They've either fixed it, and everyone is happy. Or they haven't, players are still fussy, but know that it was a possible cause, and The Team is now working on the next possible cause on the list.

edit: I can grammar. honest.
    Simparri, Juraiya, Rhodris and 4 others like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I know this is probably not the right place but I did not want to start a new thread.
    Talking about problems , there is one with Moonlight Enchantment on" Fallen Gate "
    there are no merchants and no quest givers in the grottos.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

In the game you can use the /bug or /feedback command to open a browser window and submit either a bug report or feedback. Those go directly to people who can address the problem.
  11. wizod New Member

I c ant get past the log in servers....I see the servers are up but i cant log on.
  12. Anatha Active Member

Servers are down right now for the usual Tuesday patch.
  13. Koldyn New Member

I don't see an actual update message about today's update. The forum usually has a banner saying "servers down".
  14. Elle New Member

They didn't post a time for this server downtime, or an amount of time the servers would be down. Would have been nice though I could have slept in...Instead of maniacly waking up early to try and do my moronic planar ethereal coins. I remember when these coins didn't exist. If your going to lock the servers please post a time.
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Even Test server is down :eek:
    Which is somewhat unusual as they patch it at different times than live, or used to.
  16. tinkerjenn New Member

Is there an ETA for the servers to be back up? What's the usual downtime for an update?
  17. elflover Well-Known Member

18. HuCa Member

Downtime for normal Tuesday update is approx 2 hours ( hardly ever down that long though) but as already mentioned by others there is no post on forum for downtime lenght today :(
  19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

20. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Perhaps the developers will give us a few more days to get toons to 110 to cash in on the Ancient Skill promotion to compensate for the downtime!?;)