Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Other post-patch checks:

The Sableflame Nightmare now lets you sit properly in the saddle, and animates properly. However, when testing this, I noted the following:

The mount version of the Sableflame Nightmare is No-Trade and Lore, meaning you can't have one person do all the shopping for the alts. The house-item version, however, is simply Heirloom. This means the mount can still be traded around.

My preference would be for the mount version to be heirloom as well, and lose that no-trade and lore stuff, as opposed to restricting the house item version more. Consistency can be a happy thing. :D
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you, Niami!

The following changes are headed your way (sometime):
    • Sableflame Nightmare - Mount is now heirloom, matching the house item.
    • Coin of Ember - Event coin should now be awarded per person in group upon defeat of a fire elemental. (No really! I tested this!)
    • Scorched Sky fire elementals will no longer reset encounters randomly! (This is what was playing havoc with them, and stopping characters from temporarily being able to aggro them.)
    ~ Kaitheel
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

I had something like this happen during Brewday on the Bog Mountain's Eruption quest, which works in a similar way to the SS elementals.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination, or are the Fireworks Launchers in Kelethin slower to "recover" in some areas? Especially on the platforms west of the Bank location. :-/

Generally, in most cities (and even most Kelethin locations), I can start off one Launcher, then turn to one close by and immediately launch that one, once the "Youuuuu arrrrrre ddddddoing thiiiiiiiis maneuuuuuuuuuuver" count-down for the first one is done.

Some delays have been because of the occasional packet loss, or drop in FPS for whatever reason, but many times, there's been no obvious explanation for it at all, except it might be related to the NPCs falling through the floorboards bit again (which still plagues Kelethin to this day)? Perhaps the bases of the Launchers aren't quite high enough/sunk into the floor of the platforms, or something? :-/

Uwk
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

If you always clean the same place, they will move slowly to another place.
    Example in Gorowyn: say you can have 25 fireworks up at the same time and 36 possible spawn points for explanation sake (it's actually much more)
    You have 15 spawn points on the docks, 15 spawn points in the grotto and 6 spawn points inside (there's some on platforms within Gorowyn).
    standard spawn will be 10 on docks, 10 in grotto and 5 inside
    If you clean the docks, first time you'll have 10 there. Second time, you'll have 9 docks/11 grotto/5 inside. You clean once more the docks and they respawn elsewere, you'll have 7 docks/12 grotto/ 6 inside. Then over a while, you're at 4 docks / 15 grotto/ 6 inside.
    Still 25 fireworks, but the "not-docks" spawn points are maxed out while there isn't enough anymore on the docks and you have to wait for a respawn.

If you "miss" a spawn area, then in time, every firework (or shiny) will migrate to this missed area and you'll have none in the area you check. My guess is that you're missing an area in Kelethin, thus depleting the area you're monitoring (I loathe this zone so I just ran it a couple of times to replenish my fireworks stock and can't help you), same as those who complained about shiny respawn in CL during Oceanfull probably missed those spawning on the tiny islands.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd say that the crates not showing up in Census is a small price to pay for getting stacks of them at a time from the vendor. :D
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I see your point, and agree with you completely; a few times, I did just shrug and give up on the docks in Gorowyn, for example, to finish what I needed in the grotto. But what I was looking at in Kelethin, and maybe not making clear (that happens with me...a lot :confused:), was that I could see the Launchers just fine, but couldn't "access" them at all. It was like they weren't anything more than the benches, the big potted plants, the merchants' rugs, etc.; just "set decoration," and not interactable. :-/

Uwk
  8. Kaitheel Developer

I investigated this yesterday, and was unable to reproduce it. Could it have been that these launchers had "fallen" from their spawn points on the city platforms directly above?

~ Kaitheel
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Group looting of the chests for the Scorched Sky mobs now works properly on Test, so should be good to go when it hits live. (i.e., tested, and now all group members get the coins from the mob chest, and they are properly doubled for members.)

Thanks!
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Could well have been, yeah; that place is notoriously leaky. ;->

Uwk
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, I misunderstood you, sorry. Didn't happen to me but I didn't stay long in Kelethin.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me neither, if I can help it. It's like pulling hen's teeth trying to find anything there, since a) it's so spread out (starts triggering the DTs of my time in college in the Midwest... :-/), relative to the other cities, and b) whether you're trying to find purple glowies or very natural-tone colored Fireworks Launchers, it can be tricky, seeing past the moss-covered, "grained" wooden platforms. ;->

New Halas (and to a lesser extent, Qeynos) for the good guys and definitely Neriak for the bad guys (heck, best overall) are the two easiest cities to find all your requirements for this, even with the white "Qeynos city festival" Launchers against the snow. :)

And no worries, I confuse lots of people! If I can't make sense to myself, how can I for others... :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Schmetterling like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

BAH!! Confusion adds to the fun. Just ask the people I have been grouping with lately. Yes, Cyrrena, the notoriously Snarky and Solo player has grouped with 5 others on a few occasions. My job is to take the first dirt nap to make sure it is safe for the others in the group to do so should they find the need to. We have been doing to heroics in PoP just for fun. If we complete it YAY for us, if we don't, we tried and will try again!!!!

I was in Commonlands on Test, and finally started getting ahead of the fight with an elemental, and the darn thing despawned on me. Its good to hear they won't do that any longer, I thought I did something wrong.

I do not tend to spend a lot of time in platform cities, I have this nasty tendency to run off the edge and fall to my death. I know I detest the acorns for housing, the idea was good, the design is atrocious.

Still wondering whether Kaitheel will take pity on us and give us some way to get some Hua Mein for our Hua Mein Retreats. If not, it will need to be renamed Othmir Retreat (formerly Hua Mein Retreat).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

amm really dumb question? and it's also a little late, why can't Fallen Gate get the whole festival ?
    Is it because of the collection ?
    Stormhold does not have all zones either , I am just wondering .
    I just cheked all zones and figured out that we can get to the same zones on Fallen Gate as on Stormhold.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For the life of me, I can't tell what really determines all that, either. :-/

If it were just the matter of the zones, that would be one thing. If it were a matter of the lore, just, I dunno, leave it out of the flavor text. Just about everything else on those servers is different from the regular ones, why not that? :-/

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I noticed that in Commonlands, too, where I saw a purple glowie way too close (I thought) to an Elemental, so I figured, all right, FINE, I'll get in a fight, though those often take a much longer time than just picking up a glowie unmolested. Walked right up to it, since I couldn't do anything from afar or Stealthed (which still annoys the hell out of me; if you're soloing or even moloing, what's the point of having a caster character or a Scout? Even a Fighter type with a bow? Stupid scaling irritants), and prepared to kick its fiery tuchis. Even started trying to attack it, only to be told I couldn't do that, when I was close enough to sear my 12th Doctor Homage Toon's manly eyebrows. Later on while trying to get purple glowies there, I'd walk right past an Elemental, thinking it wouldn't do anything, only to be attacked. I'd run a little ways, it would give up very quickly, and I'd be back to get my glowie. /shrug

EDIT: When was all this, you ask? Yesterday. :-/

Uwk
    who'd also love some panda people that weren't statues ;->
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I finished my collection staying out of the 2 zones neither TLS can go to it worked.
    I am happily killing elementals in the 7 zones. There is only one quest , and that was supposed to come to FG anyway.
    So please " Kaitheel " even if it is a day late send the festival in all it's glory our way on Fallen Gate too.
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

At this point, it IS too late. It goes live in a few hours, and the code is already patched, etc. I am relatively certain that it would take another patch to change the settings for FG, so it isn't going to happen.

I don't know what spurred the decision to not have the full thing on FG, BUT one of the things that folks should be braced for is that they joined that server with the expectation that they wouldn't get everything. It isn't always about what zones can be accessed, but sometimes what expansion something was first released in. They gave folks on FG Oceansfull (even though it is "new" and thus isn't in an expansion that FG has unlocked yet), and it was a happy thing. And folks on FG still made a big stink about the set of shinies that was only in CL. For Scorched Sky, the decision was made to not give FG the full thing.

I know, there isn't consistency on what FG is getting, BUT, I suspect that it was a case of "gifting" FG with one of the two full events, even though they didn't technically qualify for it, instead of just letting them get a partial event for each the first year.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they did it for us with moonlight enchantment , we got it a day later .
    And one can always hope.
    Yes but with FG so many things went into the game , that should not be there , like Beastlords and Channelers.
    I should have looked into this earlier , than I could have asked earlier.
    Oh well we got something to look forward to next year.
    Please don't forget our merchant for the Tinker Festival .
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

The prize for the chandelier on the Sparkler Merchant is not correct , it is posted as 2 coins but you need to pay 4.