Problems logging in

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Leloes, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

Thanks!
  2. Demondria Active Member

Deleted, problem seems resolved. For now!
  3. Rebelde Active Member

What about kronos? I had 6, now zero...
  4. Gninja Developer

Its likely if the login servers were having issues the krono number might not be available until everything is fully resolved. You should not lose anything.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

When I get that runtime error I've always had to delete the folder that EQ2 is in and then go back to the Control Panel, hit uninstall and delete the icon for EQ2.
  6. Probe One Member

Why do you think a dev posted here at all? o_O;)

[IMG]

Deletes character UIs and text logs, and ACT users may have to re-setup too.:eek::oops:
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Sucks, doesn't it?:eek:
  8. Rebelde Active Member

I got them back. Thank you
    Gninja likes this.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

This absolutely sucks! I keep trying to login and stay in the game but to no avail. I've restarted my computer, uninstalled, re-installed but still the game crashes either before or after I get into the game! This is the error I just received.....

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify> G:\live\eq2\framework\render\DDSTexture.cpp (235):
    !"Unknown DDS texture flags"
    017ad6ce 017 ac4c4

This just started happening. I had no problems until yesterday. Any suggestions as to what I need to do to get the game back up and running??
  10. Dimdau Active Member

I cant loog in, I'm trying already for a few hours and it says unable to connect to check my network connection but obviously I have no problem with my connection once I can access everything else even the forum...
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

Good luck finding a solution. I've only been able to login for a few minutes and then the game crashes. I finally gave up trying.:(
  12. Enan New Member

I'll join in to the not being able to log in crowd. Actually, I can't get anything to load. I just get the icon in the taskbar, but it does nothing. I have to end task to get it to shut down.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

Well, maybe someone will decide to help us with our mutual problem.:rolleyes:
  14. Argosunited Well-Known Member

If you are using a non standard UI I'd check for updates.Also check EQ2 maps for updates.
    I'd also turn them both off and see how you go.
    Also validate game assets.

I found this older thread. It may help it may not. http://archive.is/LB5kH
    Do a Google search for !"Unknown DDS texture flags" quite a few old posts come up with that.
  15. Leloes Well-Known Member

Tried all that to no avail.
  16. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Did you delete your UI folder? Try that too, then run the validate thing.
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

Yep, already did that.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Did you try a system restore? Might it of been a recent Windows Update? That's what I normally do when things stop working.
    You have Direct X 9 installed? It hasn't changed to a different version?

I hope you can get it fixed.
  19. Leloes Well-Known Member

Haven't had a a Windows update in a while so it couldn't be that. Everything was working fine until Monday's server maintenance.
  20. iceverything Master of Respawning

Do a Validate Game Assets in the Tools on launch pad. That fixed it for me.