thinking about changing form all access to getting expansion for here

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't merc or molo (just me and a merc) at all, I almost always straight solo (I could count on the fingers of one hand the times I've grouped with anyone in the past year or two and have fingers left over), but then I've been doing EQ2 pretty regularly (minus almost a year's hiatus once) for quite awhile, so I'm pretty confident with how things work here. :)

Drop me in the middle of EQ1, though... :-/

Uwk
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

In EQ, moloing is good until around level 65 with a tank. After that, a cleric. Of course, it depends on the player. Some have said tank merc until 90th.

Of course, I played for years in EQ before mercs became available. I found them to be helpful there at about level 18 and above. Below that, while helpful, I could take on most content solo.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Meneltel like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I guess it is my area's turn to get the old Internet slowdown. Started about 2 days ago, well, last week. But it has gotten worse over the past 2 days. trapping/foresting/gathgering takes up to 30 seconds before I get a response fomr my computer. Before it took, at most, 4 seconds.

Combat hasn't been easy either. I press a number key for spell, and nothing happens for several seconds. Then it happens. Combat is slower than gathering.

I do get several gathering or blows in, then it slows down again.

So I will be cancelling my sub for the time being. I'm not going to spend money when I can barely conntect to the game.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Do you have your F11 numbers being displayed? If you're on a default UI, you can literally just hit that button on the keyboard, and have a little moving bar graph along with a column of small numbers to the left and a large number indicating FPS. The various small numbers I still don't quite get, but the middle one, the red one, is Packet Loss, and if it's ever above 0, you're in trouble. :-/

Have you noticed a drop in FPS recently (I actually have, along with Packet Loss numbers increasing; sometimes it's when my hubby is using his Mac laptop on Facebook, but not always) or an increase in Packet Loss? They're probably discussing it on the Player Support forum, but it hasn't been too big an issue for me...yet. :-/

Uwk
    Evguenil62 likes this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Indeed, I use F-11.

However, its all of our connections that use the Internet. Our 100 megabit service dropped from 100 to about 1 to 5 megabits throughput the day Net Neutrality went away. Its slightly better today. Maybe 6 to 10 megabits.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oh, and reCaptcha kept losing connection with its servers. So I know its not me.
  7. Dimdau Active Member

Umm then suppose I get Plans of prophecy expansion, I'll get Terror of Thalumbra together? and if so, how about the stuffs that comes with each expansions (ex: there is a new mercenary in each expansion, etc) I ask because on last year, for a time, were *** expansions to sell for half price, so I thought we should get one by one ...
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

The only thing available right now is the Planes of Prophecy expansion. With that you get all the previous expansions, but you won't get any of the extras that were available as part of the promotions for previous expansions. You will only get the promotions for PoP. In November, assuming there is going to be another expansion, PoP should go on sale.
  9. Dimdau Active Member

ty I understood it now :DD
    Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the sucky part of it; you can't get the Building Block recipe books, prestige house, or anything else that wouldn't come with the "basic" expansion. Hence, the desire many of us have for DBG to sell such things separately, perhaps not that much cheaper than the half-price Collector's Edition, once those become no longer available. :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  11. oldskool Active Member

I bought the original eq2. Got the collectors coins from the original and first 2 expansions. Paid a sub for a long time.

Now I play for free.

There is so much content that if you're a quest a holic you'll never run out of content. Classes are over powered to the point where whatever looted armor and weapons you find will be fine. Spells are also not an issue.

If you're on a limited budget I say play for free. Explore every zone fully. Do every quest. You'll stay busy.

The only situations where a sub is really required is for min/max players and those who 'need' access to broker and chat.
    Crastinal, Saw-Lau, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Having access to broker has helped tremendously. Maybe I can go All Access again this fall.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The broker tokens are like $1 for 10 of them and will allow you to sell on the broker if you are not subbed.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, now that I can afford.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Is that buying them from the broker ?

I checked on Marketplace. They are 10 of them for 50 station cash. Good for one character only.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Even cheaper! That's like $0.50 for 10, and yeah, if memory serves, that's on the Marketplace. :)

Not sure how you could get them from the Broker; I know you can apparently broker LoN loot, but only if you haven't opened it. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes that is on the marketplace. I believe the last time I looked it was 100 DBCash for 10 of them. Not sure if they can be gifted, but if you do not have any DBCash and there is someone you trust, you might be able to make a deal with them and give them plat or something else and they could gift you the broker tokens (if they can be gifted of course).
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...that's a Godzilla-sized "if." I wish it would be more consistent, leaning on the other side of the equation that leads to it WORKING for us. :-/

Hmm...Gero, what are your toons and what server are you on, again?

Uwk
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I cannot remember what server either Uwk.

But Gero, if you are on AB, look me up, I will help with what I can.
  20. Meneltel Well-Known Member

If you aren't on AB, come join us! We don't bite... much... but Cyrrena is snippy at times!