Picking the right fighter

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Jordus, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Jordus New Member

First thing I am sure I will have fun no matter what fighter I pick. It's been a while and I have played a little Pally and Zerk.

I am trying to get opinions on what type of fighter would excel with Stamper Jeralf (or if there is a better healer combo let me know). Not likely to raid or anything like that.

I appreciate your time. Thanks.

P.S. I heard it was a better choice to go Alchemist than Armorer. Is that correct?
  2. Kabbe Member

TS is of no real importance except you need to level it to max. (I preffer provisioner)

Tinkerer max is handy as well so you can make temp items.

As for best tank..... Pick wichever feels right for you. Would not pick Guard or Bruiser however since I do not find those classess "fun".
    Jordus likes this.
  3. Arclite Well-Known Member

Zerk would be a good choice if you were to pick between the two classes you mentioned. Tons of dps and decent survivability depending on gear and player ability.

Currently, Monks are crazy good and so are the sks with stupendous dps.

I think you can get a better healer merc than Stamper but of course there are pre-requisites to getting some of them.

All in all, a high dps fighter with a decent merc (or not) can solo non-expert heroic zones (tier 1 for example) with relative ease. Seen that happen.

Between alchemist and armorer - Alchemist will suite you better since any and armor you will make gets replaced very quickly when you level up and at max level there is decent gear to be had from solo zones and heroic zones will net you far superior armor anyway. Alchemists on the other hand remain useful until the max level as you can craft your own expert level combat arts/spells.

Personal preference at the end of the day.
    Jordus likes this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

I love my Pally but of course I'm going to say that, I like that they can heal and shield and take a beating. I would also go with Alchy over armorer, besides being able to upgrade all your own spells, the potions come in handy too. I have 13 different characters and the Pally is my favorite out of all, and she is doing pretty good right now this expansion with killing things even the up arrows she kills in about 3 hits.
    Jordus likes this.
  5. Jordus New Member

Curious Breanna do you use a 2 hander or Sword and board? I beliveve I will go with both Paladin and Berserker but main Paladin.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

it depends if you plan on levelling or just get a 100 token

if you level by questing, well .. dps tanks are always better (faster) and u can play with 2H sword if you want. but at higher level, best is 1h and shield. or dual wield if the class allows it.

it also depends if you have another high level toon. I'd say ... usually, unless you LOVE crafting, your adventuring will quickly outlevel your tradeskilling, so don't bother with alchemist to do your spells, ask someone, a guildi, or check on broker ... but provisionner can be good for later levels.

now if u love tradeskill and plan on being ahead .. then u can go alchemist or armorsmith (alchemist will have more uses later on) or provisionner
    Jordus and Grimm like this.
  7. Jordus New Member

Hey Earar thanks for the reply.

I am planing on moloing mostly until I feel like I know the game well enough. Going to do as much content as I can that way. I am doing a fresh start on Maj'Dul. A Pally - Alchemist, an Inquisitor - Sage, Beastlord - Jeweler and Wizard - Provisioner. Of those the Paladin will be my Main.

I do love tradeskilling and all the non combat things this game has to offer. But I am not sure about the being ahead part.

I just read somewhere that a 1 hander procs more often. Procs what I do not remember (sorry).
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

I use a one hander and shield ;)
    Jordus likes this.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

it really matter at later levels.

at low levels you don't need to care .. use whatever u like :)

2handers only have 1 proc. with a hand and a shield, you get 2 procs (one on the 1H and one on shiled or offhand), and the 2H proc isn't better than a 1H (I think, not sure about that). Plus, at level 100 u get your epic 2 (which is BiS yet) .. so by default use 1 hand + shield.
    but at low levels, few weapons have procs, so it's not a big deal
    Dude, Breanna and Jordus like this.
  10. Jordus New Member

11. MaybeStaphin New Member

Played an SK for a lot of years. Desert of Flames, all the way to eve of the Velious expansion. Got way burnt out, and quit. Was having a serious bout of nostalgia today, and wondered was it worth it to even try to come back? I know all of my game knowledge is useless now. And I don't even know what the community is like anymore. Long story short, is it worth trying to come back, and if so should I try the SK again?
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yes of course you should game. Of course depending on your play style you may or may not like the changes they have made. I still like the game a lot, but there is way to much negativity on the forums, just ignore that and have fun ;) The game is what you make of it. And welcome back!
  13. MaybeStaphin New Member

Probably the one benefit of coming back would be that the people who knew me back then are most likely LONG gone now. I was one of those rare SK's who somehow managed to raid before TSO launched. And because of that I got a lot of crap from people because I refused to betray. I miss it a lot, but from everything I'm reading on these forums, I'm not sure if I'd be able to be the caliber of player I used to be. And I think that would hurt a lot more than simply missing the game.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ya the high end players are not liking the game right now because of the scrolls, but.... if you still have to level up and gear up then maybe they will have that all cleared up by the time you get that far. I know I know I'm the all time optimist.
  15. MaybeStaphin New Member

I like optimists. When I quit playing there were none, outside of RP servers (this was back when SOE still owned the game) And the general motto was "Sony! We fix it till it breaks!" But honestly, I sometimes miss MTing raids. I miss devising strats. I miss telling people who said SK's couldn't raid how wrong they were. I also miss hitting Grave Sacrament and telling my raid "AFK to grab a beer"
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Earar Well-Known Member

the game isn't what it used to be either ... give it a try
  17. Legionair Member

No matter what fighter you decide, just always remember, you can't spell SucK without the SK..