Troub or Dirge?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Vinny, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Vinny Member

Hi,

I'm returning to the game and looking to try one of these 2 classes, I want to molo to the high levels then do dungeons/raids. Which one of these two classes will have an easier tome of it, or are they both basically the same?

Thanks!
  2. Drona Well-Known Member

I am also interested in this as well. From what I can see, there are more troubys around than dirges and I guess thats down to all us being spell casters these days.

I have seen troubys parsing very well, almost to t1 DPS level. I am told that these troubys don't buff the DPS but instead buff themselves. Has the days of troubys buffing and going afk no longer applies? :) What is the etiquette about buffing these days anyway?
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

troub is better overall

they boosted dirges. They can be good on certain occasions with certain group set ups. But troubs are always good.

troubs work is tank group, dps group, scout or mage group.

dirges will be better on tank/scout groups.

I prefer the dirge playstyle, i betrayed my dirge to troub coz better .. but I don't like it. Dirges have more CAs, I prefer.

also dirges are more "scout" like, they have more CAs, positionals (not much but more than troub) and so on

what levels do u want to molo though ? coz u can't really molo at lvl 110
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

5. Tajar Well-Known Member

It's the dirges Songster's Luck that has the perma 100 CB overcap, not epic spell. Both bards get a CB overcap temp buff, but the trouby one roots the troub for some reason but the Dirge one doesn't? lol
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

Yeah epic 2 spells troub beats dirge

10 fervor + cb overcap buff

Dirge incontested parry + cb and cb overcap (but less than troub)

Dirge’s cb buff could have been better last xpac ... for exemple my fighter was left side and was just overcaping. So dirge buff was better than troub’s

But now .. only the overcap matters. And troub wins
  7. maxximum Active Member

I went from dirge to troub this year after 7 years of dirging, mainly because I got sick of rezzing ppl, and I wished I'd done it sooner. Troubs bring a lot more to a group/raid, mainly because dirges buff obsolete stats like attack speed, dps, etc, and the troubs -49 hate mod to their group is infinitely better than the dirges +36 hate mod to the tank which should be redundant as any self respecting tank should be capped on hate mod anyway.

As Earar says, troubs *can* outdps t1, which I do all the time in heroics, but in raid they really should be buffing their mages, with constant JCap, ethereal gift and debuffs and so on. I'm remarkably average when it comes to my raid dps, but my mages see the difference to their dps when I'm in their group, as it should be.
  8. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

How good troubadour is when dual-boxing?
  9. Scalo Active Member

troub + warlock work awesome.
    needless to say warlock is a top dps atm and after the deathtouch script was removed, it can easily tank, merc heals is enough.
  10. Airvh Active Member

Overall Troubador is the way to go, their buffs are crazy good for any class. Gives extra procs for attacks, multiple extra procs, raises overall dps of attacks multiple ways, increases Fervor and Crit Bonus of group. Tons of stuff.

However, if your in a raid guild and they don't have a Dirge then pick one. They can do clean rezzes during battle and it helps out a lot.
  11. Rhaegor Member

Hail and well met, all,

I'm returning as well and looking towards either a Dirge or Troubadour.

It seems from this and other threads/forums across the web, that Troubadours are more wanted in groups... as of now... next Xpac, who knows?

Also, I keep reading that most say Troubadour also solos better as well... again... for now.

But one thing that doesn't seem to make sense to me...

When I look at both classes buffs/skills it seems to me that the Dirges buffs/skills, (like healing attacks), would serve the soloing Dirge better than a Troubadour's buffs/skills would help when soloing.

So what, if anything, am I missing? Or, as the skills suggest, does a Dirge actually solo better than a Troubadour?

To me the criteria of who is better... which can survive and handle the most content, from easy peasy to epic raid legendary mythical encounters, or anything in between. I would rather take longer to kill, but handle a higher end content, rather than kill faster but stop at a lower tiered content... if that makes sense?

Hopefully OP you won't see this as a thread hijack... I don't mean it to be.

Thanks for your insight.

Take care.
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

I levelled up as dirge and they don't solo harder, it's almost same. Now dirge may have more mana issues than troubs and troubs can cure

as for what is wanted ... dirges are still really good on scout/fighter groups. They are just more niche.

A troub will be usefull in any group, a dirge will buff scouts better but is almost crap to mages. Troubs are more versatile.

but tbh on my warden I don't care, I can self rez, but on my mystic I like having a dirge over troub in group if I die and need to be rezzed. troubs cannot :)
  13. Dallan New Member

how does your Troub out DPS a T1 ?!?
  14. Dannni Active Member

Bards dps is very much tier 3. On an extremely short fight if the stars align correctly they may be able to parse high but that is the case for any class.
  15. Nuchre Member

Have both and as everyone is saying Troub buffs are way better. Personally, I find a Dirge more satisfying to play but others I am sure will find the reverse. The issues is that most bards want to look good on the parse rather than making the rest of their group maximise their DPS.

As for DPS make all your ascensions Ancient and on short fights you can DPS with the best of them. On longer fights you can do great DPS for 11 seconds with your VC but apart from Daggerstorm and your Ascensions not much else.