Bolstered Attributes or Relentless Conviction?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by XustinuS, Apr 26, 2018.

1. XustinuS Member

So what does fighters use for purple slot adorn on main hand weapon these days?
    Bolstered or Relentless, does it effect Fervor porc?
    Cheers,
  2. Boli Active Member

Relentless.
    The *base* 6% increase alone will generally make up the dps/hate increase that the 10% increase to STR will; and the 5% Physical DR is generally superior to 10% increase in STA. Plus, as a paladin having a 20% physical damage perma buff is pretty sweet (10% mythical, 5% RC, 5% def stance).

I suspect, with the exception of the guardian the other classes will prefer bolstered, especially with "outnumbered" dragon AA
  3. Legionair Member

Relentless Conviction is no longer a good option if its pertaining to the damage reduction because the damage reduction no longer works after a certain point in Level. When you equip that adorn and hover your mouse cursor over your mitigation you will see no change in damage reduction. Its an issue with scaling in Level that unfortunately prevents it from working. I know if your level 95 it works. Some runes don't work good in Level scaling while others are not affected like the mana regen runes and bolster runes.
  4. Boli Active Member

5. Revanu Well-Known Member

bolstered attributes paired with outnumber via dragon AA is going to prevail 10/10. The massive increase in primary attributes absolutely thrashes a minor % dmg reduction. Way more health via STA and dmg via STR.
  6. Boli Active Member

imho both have their place; max health is fantastic at surviving the big hits - don't get me wrong; but if the majority of the incoming damage is the zone/wide damage DoTs 5% DR is better than 10% stamina for saving group wards for the rest of your group for thos physical hits.

Depends a *lot* on the zone and healer however.
  7. Revanu Well-Known Member

Here is the kicker, with outnumbered proc'd, the 10% adjusts to the proc'd value of primary stats, so its final product is exponentially higher in terms of sta/str thus giving way more health to accommodate for 5% dmg reduc loss not to mention increase for damage. It really isn't even close.

If your healers are bad, use relentless, if your healers have a modicum of understanding and skill, without a doubt use attributes. But 'id imagine if your healers are terrible you'll be in defensive anyhow and not offensive. So it really doesn't matter I suppose.
  8. Dannni Active Member

Bolstered attributes is better
  9. Shiloh Member

Running BA, and will not change that...
  10. Svenone Well-Known Member

For a Berzerker: Bolstered Attributes (150 STR/AGI/WIS/INT, 10% attributes) or Bolstered Endurance (150 STA, 20% Health and Power)?
  11. Inyuyasha Member

BA I think pretty much for any tank especially if they are specc'd for Outnumbered
    and Zerkers do love the mass pull
  12. Legionair Member

Yeah I'm referring to the level 96 version, the 92 version does not have the stamina or the 10% crit bonus attached, I have both and I tested both at the time. I've been stuck on believing the 92 version and the 96 version only work up to level 100.
    I was using the 96 version. Now be advised for anyone that wants to test it and check it themselves, make sure after you apply the rune, you have to see the 5% reduction when you hover your mouse cursor over the mitigation amount.
    It no longer shows that, I used to see it all the time because I was using that rune last year during early kunark ascending. I have a feeling one of two things is happening, it's either one of those runes that loses its function based on your level, or there's a very good chance that it's conflicting with another rune that messes with that feature, because there are a lot of runes from TOT that didn't function properly ever since getting the Celestial Gate rune. The Mana regen one works and both bolstered runes still work. I think tonight I'm going to try and test it again just to see if I can get it to work I'll try removing some adorns as well, but since seeing this issue I stopped using Relentless conviction.
    One thing to add though, if you use Bolstered endurance, that 20% for Mana I would assume is useful because it should increase your damage amount when using ethershadow assassin if your an Etherealist, assuming its not % based.
    That's one more thing I gotta check as well.
  13. Legionair Member

Okay so I officially did a bunch of testing with Relentless conviction, my results were that it does not show the 5% damage reduction with the level 92 or the 96 version, I tried removing the class adorns and the celestial gate Adorn, I even tried removing other pieces of gear just to make sure and it still did not show. I even tried mentoring to level 95 and 100, it was the same thing either way, I tried everything I could think of to see if I could see that 5% and nothing. One thing to know is for the SK defense stance gives you 5%, so while in offensive stance my damage reduction is 2.9 and while in defense stance it's 7.9 per the 5% from defense buff. So the rune is pretty much worthless damage reduction wise.

However I did find out that bolstered endurance is useful for the 20% for Mana increase. By doing multiple tests, with bolstered endurance for 20% mana I hit for 47 billion while without it I hit for 42 billion, I tried multiple times just to make sure it wouldn't fluctuate incorrectly, but as long as it's hitting legendary for legendary and critical for critical etc, then you should see a difference. So basically Ethershadow assassin is for sure point-based on your Mana not percent based,. It's only percent based for the amount you get drained, hence 80%. Now I'm not saying to give up bolster attributes for it, but what I did was I used the Epic 2.0 bow from kunark ascending so I could have two purple slots available and equip both to test this, so if you're trying to make ethershadow assassin hit harder then bolstered endurance may still be useful for some.
  14. zionmount New Member

Relentless is a no go for Etherealist .
    Since RC rune bugs the Feedback loop out.
    give a try you will see whats the different . i wont bother to ask them to fix it .. dont think they will .

its a good idea to use bolster for Etherealist , minus the part that Relentless makes feedback loop useless,
    the stats boost will enhance the power pool , so more Ethershadow dmg .

Relentless is okay if you want more proc chance . fair trade