What time did the Free 100 toon offer end?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Dark Beast, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Dark Beast New Member

Its says the offer is on till the 7th of June. But here I am in the UK on the morning of the 7th of June, unable to claim my character :(
  2. Observing Active Member

My guess is 12 AM Pacific time on the 6th.

Yes their wording is very vague. I would have assumed it ran until the end of June 7.

Be glad you didn't create one. My account, which had purchased the mercenaries feature in the past, now doesn't have that feature and can't use AAs.

Edit:

It seems even they are confused. They tweeted 15 hours ago that 'tomorrow' was the last day to claim your character: https://twitter.com/everquestii/status/1004482845119778820
  3. Observing Active Member

Update: you can fix the missing features by /camp to another character
  4. Roxxlyy Community Relations

It looks like it ended last night at midnight - my apologies for mixing up "until" and "through", I seemed to read our internal messaging wrong which means I miscommunicated that on social media. I've removed/altered the incorrect posts as well.
  5. Observing Active Member

So it is better, when the date is miscommunicated, to short potential customers by one day by sticking strictly to the corporate plan, rather than take the issue to the boss and extend it one day?
    Zeddicious likes this.
  6. Dark Beast New Member

Even the community post said until 7th of June.I have never known and offer to end at midnight. That to me would read as the offer is on until the 6th of June. I was going to buy 4 new slots for my accounts too :(
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The OP should have been able to create a free level 100 until 8:00 BST on 7 June as the UK is 8 hours ahead of Pacific time. Based on the time of the post, the OP was 2 hours late.
  8. Dark Beast New Member

Its fine, I have too many characters anyway... I thought it was strange when it didn't show a time on the website post. I'll just have to be more cautious in future and read as **Offer is on until this date......which means when it is this date the offer is not on any more, so take the offer the day before or you will miss out** I have never seen any other offers work this way ever
  9. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Because of the confusion, we've extended the window to redeem the character to 11:59 PM PT tonight!
    Zeddicious, Cyrrena, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  10. Dark Beast New Member

Awesome news! This is great, thankyou so much, Roxxlyy!

Oh oh, now I need 4 new toon names...lol
    flameweaver, Roxxlyy and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Leafa Active Member

I think it's awesome that it was extended, except I didn't read your response until just now. I wish somehow there would have been an announcement given maybe a couple days prior to the extension. I am glad it was rectified somehow, but disappointed that I've missed that response to the miscommunication and the opportunity to use it.
    I'm hoping in the future, maybe a little more notice is given (not a criticism, just a hopeful suggestion).