I lost the free 100 character due to EQ2 crashing in character creation

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Oh Noes, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Oh Noes New Member

I was at the last step, submitted to server, verified that I wanted to use my free 100 character, then EQ2 said "Class seems invalid", then it crashed to desktop.

When I logged back in, no more free character.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

The promotion ended on 7 June (don't know what time exactly though) - maybe you were just slightly too late?
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It's not June 7th yet. (Or at least it wasn't when the OP posted.)
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Hmm time zones are confusing - it's the evening of 7 June for me...
  5. Dark Beast New Member

I missed out on the free character too! :( They said until 7th June, but here I am in the UK on the morning of the 7th June and I have no option to make one :( I wish they had said which time zone
  6. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It would be Pacific, since DBG is in SoCal. But I was never clear if "until June 7" meant "up to but not including June 7" or "up to and including June 7". The language can be a bit confusing on that, since they never specified an exact end time.
  7. Dark Beast New Member

Its unusual for a promotion to end before the end date, I suspect it was accidentally taken out early with maintenance update
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Roxxlyy Community Relations

The promotion ended as it became June 7th, i.e. June 6th at midnight. I am at fault for not communicating this clearly, as I misread something myself and made this mistake. My sincerest apologies.

For crashing to character select and "using up" the character, I would submit a ticket with CS at help.daybreakgames.com as soon as you can so they can try to sort this out if possible. I'd be sure to add the date you tried to create the character so they know it was during the valid promotional period.
    Darkale, Zeddicious and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Leafa Active Member

For what it's worth, I'd only read what seemed to indicate through June 7th, and so had planned to make my claim choice today, and so had at least three others that I know.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Everything involving DBG is always Pacific time. And if they were in the UK, they are 8 hours ahead, so the promotion would have ended for them at 8:00 am BST on 7 June. Based on the time the OP created that post, they were well within the promotional period.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Because of the miscommunication, we've extended the free character availability to 11:59 PM PT tonight!

(Quoted you so you get a notification :) )
    Darkale, Cyrrena, Shmogre and 3 others like this.
  12. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I'm glad for the extension, however. For my F2P accounts, it didn't occur to me to get the PoM equipment for my other 100s, and so I was able to quickly run over there and pick that up. :)
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Darkale New Member

Thank you Roxxlyy for extending the time period. I really appreciate that you took responsibility for the miss-communication and provided the extra day for us to take advantage of this offer.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.