Unannounced changed to FTP account

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lateana, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I have 4 accounts I play, one of which is FTP. As of today I lost access to nearly everything. Tiles, suffixes, AA access, claim items disappeared. I cannot use amenities in my guild hall, even though I reentered my trustee access. In Short, the character is now unplayable. What happened? Why? And why no warning or info?
  2. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

It appears that access to anything beyond the 2005 Desert of Flames expansion is gone.
  3. Alarra Well-Known Member

sounds like you've been attacked by database gremlins, do a support ticket and get them to sort it out.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

You don't get access to support with a FTP account, but I will try with this account and see if they reply.
  5. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I just logged one of my accounts in and all was normal. I could port to kunark, change titles, etc.
  6. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I was kicked to Antonica and The Commonlands. My characters had been in Oblulus Frontier where they were parked to get their scrolls. The only message I got other than things were being removed was that my access to AAs was being gated by not having access to the Kingdom of the Sky expansions. I filed a petition using this account, but its not likely anything will be done via that route. The account is 4 years old and this is the first problem I have encountered with it.
  7. Observing Active Member

One of my accounts that definitely had the Mercenaries feature no longer has it.
    It seems if you took them up on the free 100 character, your account features (/show_account_features) got stripped.

Not to mention the promo ended a day early
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's not a FTP thing..
    I've been keeping up a friend's account while he's out for medical reasons. The account is paid, but doesn't have PoP. After reading this I checked the account. The game now thinks the account is ftp (can't use equiment sets, a bunch of gear unequipped.
    Note: In game, the marketplace has the account listed as all access and has the next date of dbc cash listed.
    List of things currently busted:
    Cannot train mercs. (The account should have KA unlocked.. heck, the summoned merc is the elf chick FROM KA and the toon has the KA mount equipped).
    Fast Travel is not free.
    Cannot use the port to Kunark Ascending
    Cannot use the port to ToT
    Does not meet entrance requirements to Tranquil of Phantom Sea.

It does look like any account that used the temporary free unlock of PoP is now seriously messed up. Ftp or All Access.. they're messed up.

I've also noticed that all PoP gear in the toon's inventory is marked PRESTIGE.. regular quest gear.
    Example: Aluxob Battle Hood, legendary, resolve 15... on this toon.. and only this toon.. it's tagged prestige.
    There' is something very wrong in river city for accounts (paid or not) that tried out PoP but didn't buy it.
    Xianthia, Tekka and Meneltel like this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

I logged the toon back into check to see if AA/prestige/etc had been screwed up... and now the account is correctly recognized, in game, as All Access and access to zones has been correctly restored.
    All of the PoP gear is still incorrectlly tagged as PRESTIGE, however

I'm not sure if this 'relogging' will fix access to zones for ftp accounts, but it is worth trying.

Either way, the promo was supposed to extend THROUGH 6/7... and there is definitely something fishy given all these... errors...

Ironicially, I was considering buying the expansion for my friend, but this snafu is making that much LESS likely.
    Tekka likes this.
  10. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Nothing was removed from any accounts. Log out and back in and you should be fine.

If for some reason it isn't, a ticket with CS will get everything easily solved.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Is it bug or intent that all PoP gear (included quested gear) is tagged prestige for those that tried out PoP? If so, what happens if those accounts buy PoP but are still free to play?
    Rosyposy, Siren and Shmogre like this.
  12. Tekka Well-Known Member

All I can think is:

[IMG]
    Mizgamer62 and Rhodris like this.
  13. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Smells a bit like a ninja grab that failed do to poor ninja skills.
    Mizgamer62, Tekka and Rhodris like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

From what I read in another thread, the promotion ended at midnight, going from 06/06 to 06/07, not midnight tonight. Logging out and logging back in seems to fix things for most of the people.
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Just posted on discord.

Kander - Today at 4:41 PM
    Due to the miscommunication for the end time on the free heroic promo we’ve extended the end time until Midnight (Thursday, June 7, 2018 11:59:59 PM) on 6/7/2018. This is currently active again.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Lets be honest, effective communications from SoE/DBG to us has usually been very hit and miss. But at least they admitted their mistakes and continued for one last day. That is a good thing.
    Cyrrena, Gillymann, Lateana and 3 others like this.
  17. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

The bug is back. It has affected characters that were 100 before the promotion and does not seem to affect characters that are under 100.
  18. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

They didn't really have a choice. They can't afford to lose more players.
  19. chattie Well-Known Member

I think for the most part they've always been good about adding days or giving days to sooth players for a mistake on their part. I've seen double xp days given or extended for those reasons quite a few times.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

The 'bug' seems to be... odd.. coding that strips the characters down to nothing (expac, membership, etc-wise) when they first log in after the promo is expired and requires the account (or maybe each character?) to relog to be 'fixed'.
    Tkia, Mizgamer62 and Tekka like this.