timelines

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by cbirdrunr, May 31, 2018.

1. cbirdrunr Member

I have used the wiki to follow the timelines but have some problems. Do you always have to finish one before you can go to another? I completed an entire instance except one thing. When I went back a few days later the instance had expired. The portal I need would not appear. I don't want to spend hours redoing everything so just wanted to go on to the next quest in the timeline. The NPC that is supposed to start it won't talk to me. Do I have to completely redo the instance? If I don't, I lose out on all the quests in the timeline? I am in Maldura. The quest is "Underdepth saga: Gears of the city. The portal to Tobon Blingdon won't appear.
  2. Alarra Well-Known Member

For time lines, if you have finished the quest you do not have to re do it.
    If your quests bugs on an update and you cannot get it to update, do a /bug on it then delete quest and try redoing it.
    Also a follow up with a PM to a developer with the quest name, where you got stuck on it, and what you did should help them isolate it.

To reiterate, if you delete a quest, you only have to redo that specific quest, not the entire timeline.
  3. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Each instance has a timer like 3 days or 7 days. I would recommend either enter and finish the instance in one run or do not enter it and wait for a more appropriate day when you would have enough time to complete the instance.

Generic rule: player has always a possibility to complete timeline. But then there are also bugs sometimes :)
    Sigrdrifa and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

If you do not have "Underdepth Saga: Gears of the City" in your quest journal any longer, then you'll want to return to Eccles Zaphardt in Maldura and pick it back up. Once you have the quest, then the Crystallized Proximity Translocator in Maldura will be usable to port you over to Tobon. But none of this requires any instances, so I am unsure if I have correctly followed your issue or not. Hope it helps!

~Kaitheel
    Lateana and Meneltel like this.
  5. cbirdrunr Member

Thank you to everyone for taking time to help me.
    Kaitheel likes this.