Shard of Hate Raid - Is this an Alpha build?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Doomravin, May 25, 2018.

1. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Well,

First impressions with a raid force that's doing the t2 names and gearing up for t3 progression,

Starting off, we had to ask Gninja to help us to get two of our raiders into the zone as zone in was bugged. Many thanks to Gninja for getting our missing peeps in

We came up against ridiculous power drains & massive aggro ranges for trash, meaning trash mobs with tiny health take far longer to kill than their health should and half the raid force is looking about grayed out buttons for most of the trash fights - which isn't fun

We spent an hour killing trash and wandering around trying to figure out how to spawn names with no real idea or guidance on how to do so

We finally managed to spawn some names and got utterly crushed by a "t1" name with ludicrous power drain mutliple times

End of story, we left in disgust an hour early, had very little enjoyment, and went off to do sol tower. It's not our job to test alpha or beta builds and I was frankly upset by the situation
    Godiaf and Pixistik like this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Sounds about right for the current game meta
    Godiaf likes this.
  3. Rotchi Active Member

No it is the pre-alpha build. The alpha build will be ready in about 2-3 weeks and ready to go into beta in mid september. o_O
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

In ours on Sunday every one of us zoned into our own instance. Was good to see they brought back that bug from each of the last couple of summer updates. No sense learning from it.
  5. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed that next patch most of the bugs get squished
  6. Gninja Developer

Can you be more specific about certain trash draining power and are there specific creatures that you feel have too large of an aggro range? All the base population in there has 20% larger aggro range than normal. That's not too bad plus it is meant to make it a bit dangerous to just wander around willy-nilly :) I don't mind making quality of life adjustments to raids but I need to know a better more specific description of what the problem is perceived to be or at very least the spells/characters involved.

We actually have a way to hint at what spawns the boss but it's not showing up on live because the art isn't there. Once its there you can get hints on how to spawn all the bosses. There are 4 per round and 6 rounds. There isn't supposed to be much hints or handholding though. Its meant that you should have to figure things out kinda like unrest was in some aspects. Its built for replayability not to clear the zone the first time you walk in there.
    Dannni likes this.
  7. Heck62 Active Member

24 raiders getting zoned into 12 different instances needs to be fixed.i know it's a Hate zone,but seriously...
  8. Gninja Developer

That is fixed for tomorrow's update (Thursday 5/31)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Doomravin Well-Known Member

To be honest it seemed that all the trash were draining power with that stacking arcane detriment of theirs.

Yes, they're easy to kill, but that arcane stacks and stacks with one pull equalling 5 different epic trash groups.
    We did try body pulls, but each and every single time we got more than we expected

Cue at one point peeps having up to 20 arcane increments on them and not even being able to cure them. (Okay by that point the raid force was split in two and these mobs can respawn rather sharpish)

The trash mobs are honestly a bit gimped when it comes to damage output and seem to have tiny health pools (we're a midtier raid force clearing T2 atm if that helps) so they definitely weren't a threat or a challenge even when we'd managed to pull 6 or 8 of them, they were just really, really unfun to fight because we seemed to be power drained all the time and therefore spent a lot of our time not casting stuff

So trash mobs - little bit dangerous? Nope, their main threat is peeps falling asleep while waiting for someone to regen group power to cast a spell. I'd say big groups of innovation trash are more dangerous

The only real problem with the trash can be the power drain and that's due to the fact each encounter sometimes brings several of their mates. Cue boredom - we simply couldn't at times get the cures off fast enough to remove the stacks of arcane

I like the idea of hints - not too keen on being handheld, but working out something can be fun. Maybe you should feed the artists some Doom Cookies(tm)?* (85% chance of not becoming one of my minions!) Doom cookies always help inspire peeps

* Your soul may be at risk of falling into my clutches for all eternity with sufficent consumption of Doom Cookies(tm), But they taste great
  10. Heck62 Active Member

I think the suggestion that we want our hands held is merely a distraction.This content Is being tested,and we are paying to test it.
  11. semisus Does not play this game

I think the issue in this zone is not the trash but the nameds , some of these t1 nameds seems out of whack
    Perhaps theres some kind of secret to em that we dont know yet , but theres no msg or anything to tell you what you did wrong
    One of em we had to go through portals to get rid of a curse , other curse had to be cured super fast + you had adds now this one might be doable with more time for portals/curing
    Another just wiped the raid force with no clue what to do different
    Also the no msg makes it harder since theres no way to create triggers
  12. Gninja Developer

All situations where you are wiped should be accompanied by a message telling you why. If it doesn't please let me know what boss is doing it and I will add the message. As far as not knowing what to do, do the spells not have an examine description?
  13. semisus Does not play this game

It was lord of decay i think , didnt see any msg at all and neither on his buffs
  14. Gninja Developer

The main spell he uses is "Decaying Will" and it does have a description.
    it says:
    "Decaying Will will cause disease damage to the target as well as slow their movement speed until cured."
  15. semisus Does not play this game

Honestly we didnt try much on him , we pulled him and he bascially one shotted half the raid the rest where dead soon after , never got a chance to examine anything.
    Which seems a bit to much for a entrance t1 mob
  16. Gninja Developer

I thought you meant he wiped the raid through a mechanic. His damage is very high currently but there is a fix for that in tomorrow's update (5/31) as well.
  17. Clintsat Well-Known Member

I kinda wish you didn't cuz it was fun healing it lol.
  18. Heck62 Active Member

Not so much fun rezzing through it...For a t1 pretty hard hitting.I would have thought by now everyone reads the buff package ,ect. If not your opinion has little value.
  19. Gninja Developer

I will put in a check and if the guild is Forces of Evil they will amp up their damage... same loot though. You're welcome! :p
  20. Clintsat Well-Known Member

LOL - my fellow healers are about to freak on me...