T2 raiding - Please Sir, can we have some gear?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Doomravin, May 25, 2018.

1. Doomravin Well-Known Member

We're not complaining about your "P2W, Dude" on this thread. If you want to spend almost 4 years worth of subs on one toon, more power to you

What we are complaining about is the drop rate on T2 armor not being up to snuff, and hoping for a cheap and nasty neck option to be made available in the future as an alternative to the current BiS neckpiece
  2. Dannni Active Member

Its not fair to assume he spent any money. Platinum is free if you buy and sell and SLR. Anyway, lets just face it - the game is unkind or even punishing to players with a casual mindset. I think its fine for people to play the game however they see fit, although unfortunately the way you want to play it directly works against the mechanics of the game. People are making huge mistakes with their characters which could be rectified in an instant but some guilds are not in the mindset to address those kind of issues. Thats OK but if it wasnt the armor or the neck, it would be something else you would feel is holding you back.
  3. headbusta Active Member

While everyone is jumping on and telling the OP that he doesn't need the gear he's talking about to progress it doesn't change the fact that the T2 drop rate for actual useful gear is pretty low.

Last 5 kills of the group of four "S" giants in Torden...ya know to get people T2 chests...

5/23
    You looted Planar Adornments from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer
    You looted Stormseer Medallion from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer
    You looted Bolstered Prototype Compound Bow from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer

5/20
    You looted Bolstered Prototype Energy Wand from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer
    Templar looted Planar Ancient Stamina Infuser from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer
    Dirge looted Chest from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer
    Templar looted Conduit of the First Brood from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer

5/16
    You looted Bolstered Prototype Symbol from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer
    You looted Sutherland Medallion from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer
    Necromancer looted Planar Ancient Potency Infuser from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer

5/2
    You looted Bolstered Prototype Depleted Wand from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer
    You looted Sutherland Medallion from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer
    Warlock looted Planar Ancient Potency Infuser from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer

4/26
    You looted Bolstered Prototype Lance from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer
    Coercer looted Planar Ancient Stamina Infuser from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer
    You looted Steelhorn Medallion from Exquisite Chest of Ymir Stormseer

Five kills for one chest piece and zero other useful items isn't exactly great returns. The same trend continues in T3 with Charm/Weapon/Infuser being a very common drop set, it's kind of a kick in the teeth especially when it happens on the first kill and everyone in raid is excited and happy for progression...and all you get for 24 peoples' time is an infuser.
    Doomravin likes this.
  4. Gninja Developer

We will be removing the extra items from the table that has the patterns and having them have a bonus chance fo dropping separately. That way the armor patterns are always 100% drops. Will do our best to get it in before this next update.
    XustinuS, Rosyposy, Kari and 7 others like this.
  5. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Many thanks Sir
  6. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Can we do this for T3? We've seen a ton of really bad charms drop...
  7. Dannni Active Member

Is this for all tiers or only T2?
  8. Stach Well-Known Member

I love this thread, OP says hey we are killing mobs but really not getting anything worthwhile out of them can you up the drop rate. Bubble Gnomes come out and say, "NOTHING IS WRONG" you just are not a good raid force, even thought he said they are killing things just not getting anything to drop so would help us a little if you could up the drop rate.

Gninja comes out and say, yeah sure good idea we will remove the extra from the table.

Bubble Gnome first comment "is this for all tiers or only T2?"

My question is why do you care? Its not broken in the first place right?
  9. Dannni Active Member

You misread and misrepresented OP and bubble gnomes. Let me help you

"I feel that progression is being made into a roadblock for us by the sheer lack of decent T2 armor"

"Yes a few extra bits of armor will help, but less so than you think. There are much bigger gains you easily can achieve now."

Got it?
    Mermut likes this.
  10. Gninja Developer

It was changed for all raid tiers. Now please, let's at least attempt to keep this thread civil.
    XustinuS, Doomravin and Sigrdrifa like this.
  11. Doomravin Well-Known Member

I'm sure the "bubble gnomes" were genuinely trying to help, my gripe was about the risk of thread derailment on an issue that's being affecting my guildie's moral when raiding - see headbusta's above post for how bad it can be some nights

And yes, I will be perusing their posts and stealing as much helpful advice as I can (tbh, I do most of it myself already anyway, but there's always more knowledge to snaffle)

I'd much prefer this thread to remain civil as well. Dannni is a guildie on several alt toons and I'm not sure I like him being labelled with a broad strokes perjorative
    XustinuS likes this.
  12. Dannni Active Member

Yes us bubble gnomes have good intentions even if it does not always appear that way. Glad gninja is improving the armor drop rate because it has been too low and it will definitely help, although as said before its only a small piece of the puzzle.
  13. semisus Does not play this game

Thanks for changing the armor drops Gninja , yet can we get atleast some use for the raid currency?
    Like if you unlock t1 or t2 or something that you can buy something ?
  14. Arieva Well-Known Member

Also want to say thank you for changing this, we got more useable upgrades this weekend than I think we have seen in past month
  15. Dannni Active Member

Gninja whilst youre at it. SoH Heroic is not even dropping 1 mould in 100% of instances. Combined with 18 hour lockout, 3 armor sets, 7 items in each set. Chance of completing the set is abysmal. Throw in some bad luck on loot rolls and it will probably take about 20 years to complete a set.
  16. Gninja Developer

Will take a look.
  17. Dannni Active Member

Thanks. Altenatively you can turn up my hidden 'luck' skill. ;) I have heard stories of people getting multiple molds per zone
  18. Fendaria Member

Gninja, can you please check on the chance of the raid doublecast cloaks and belts dropping compared to their flurry versions? We have raid flurry cloaks and belts rotting for the past 1-2 months while zero doublecast cloaks have dropped. If they are meant to be this rare, that is fine, but it seems like a frustrating oversight.
  19. Gninja Developer

Where do they drop again?
  20. Fendaria Member

It was any of the mobs out there that drop the belts/cloaks; Dyspertia, Bling, and Ferris, and the ones I can quickly remember.

This past two weeks of raids things have been better and we actually got two doublecast cloaks to drop.