Question Regarding Free Lv 100

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rhaegor, May 29, 2018.

1. Rhaegor Member

Hail and well met, all,

Couple questions regarding the free Lv 100.

Does this offer expire at some point, or is it always available? If it does expire, does anyone know when?

Also, is this one and done, or could I create a new character, boost it to 100, try it for a bit, delete it, lather, rinse, repeat? Can I create a new Lv 100 on every available slot, or is it only one free Lv 100 boost?

Thank you for your insight.
  2. Treiko Active Member

You have until the 7th of June.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

4. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Most of your questions were answered above!

You have until June 7th, and can create just one character!
  5. Rhaegor Member

Thank you all very much.

I Googled all kinds of permutations of eq2 free level 100 offer, etc... and that newsletter never came up, lol.

One question not answered yet... if I use the boost, decide that I don't like it and delete that character... can I use the boost again since it would still just be 1 character on the account... or would my account be flagged so to speak as having used the boost up?

Thanks again.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

You use it once and the opportunity is gone, period. One 100 and that's it.
  7. Rhaegor Member

Gotcha, thank you all for taking the time to answer.
  8. Rhaegor Member

Another question regarding this free Lv 100 boost.

I believe I've read somewhere, not in the above linked newsletter, that the Lv 100 boost will also boost your current tradeskill, and if that is Lv 9 or below, allow you to select any tradeskill.

However, I'm guessing that this does not apply to this offer because it's for new characters, created from Lv 1, (character level), and you do not yet have a tradeskill... and I doubt there's a special option during creating a Lv 100 character to select one.

Sooooo... what be da poop on dis? :)

Thanks for your patience and help.
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

It seems that the offer do not require you to buy anything which is nice. Still i don't see it as an opportunity, i have 4 lvl 100 healers (W,I,T,F) a 100 paladin and a 100 necro rotting on the euro server.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

No free trade skill whatsoever. You start from level 1 crafting. I think there is an option in the cash shop to buy a L100 trade skill somehow, but I have no idea how it works. It's probably a trade skill XP bauble you can apply to an existing character. You could check the Station Cash shop to buy one.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Tommara Active Member

I was thinking about letting some friends who've never played EQ2 know about this, but then I noticed that it says "all existing accounts will be able to create a single level 100 heroic character", which means that new accounts aren't eligible. But that didn't make any sense, since it would be a great opportunity to recruit new players.

So I tested it by creating a new account, and indeed, the same option is not available to new accounts, just the Try Before You Buy option.

So now there's no reason to suggest to my friends that they try EQ2 at this particular time.

But I do appreciate the opportunity for myself, and will let former EQ2 players know.
    Meneltel likes this.