Camera spinning upward

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Klalorn, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Jamiss Developer

I've got a prospective fix going in for this, but it isn't going to make it for tomorrow's update and will need to be heavily tested before I'll feel comfortable sending it out.
    Kawoosh, Jam175, Siren and 9 others like this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

cl_mouselook_capture_windows_mouse false
    +
    synchronize ( + max FPS = 60)

reduced the spinning problem by 90% to a playable level for me
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Khieran Active Member

Where do you put this? I'm willing to see if it helps
  4. Elinea Well-Known Member

I think it's the synchronized refresh, because I tried to limit fps to 60 and added the line in the ini about the mouselook, and it still happened. Ticked the synchronized refresh, and the camera spin disappeared.

YAY! Thank you!

edit: Also, my husband uses a different refresh rate and may possibly already have that option ticked on his client, which may be why he never has that problem.
  5. Gerras Member

Where is the sychronized refresh?
  6. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

under advanced disply settings
  7. Gerras Member

Found it, nevermind
  8. Gerras Member

Thank you just found it. Thank you, after replacing the mouse and pulling out my hair thie finally has gone away. I couldn't even play it was so bad.
  9. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

yeah it was the same for me... so far i've maxed out everything, set my fps to 144(my max), and sync'd and it's not every couple of clicks anymore. still does it, but no where near as bad.
  10. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Syncing the refresh rate worked for me too! It still happens, but only about once an hour now instead of every 30 seconds.
  11. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Having the refresh rate sync seems to have fixed it for me as well. At least so far as I can tell with half an hour of play time.

Perhaps the devs can make that option turned on by default for people, because not everyone checks the forums for answers.
  12. Jamiss Developer

Shmogre, Beee, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  13. Jumbled Member

This problem is becoming ridiculous for me lately. In the past it was only on rare occasion, but recently it's happening on each login and several times in succession. All I do in here most of the time is run my daily tradeskill apprentice thing, but it's very hard when you click on something and the world turns upside down.

I don't see this sort of behavior anywhere else in any other game or other application, so whatever the cause, it's specific inside this game for me.

I hope the fix is coming soon.
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

THANKS
    for fixing it. Have not had any mouse spins in the last hours since patch on thurgadin
    good work!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Seni Active Member

I'm almost grateful that Microsoft messed up so badly as to cause so many people's mice to go insane (almost :p ). It sounds like it gave the devs the 100% fail cases they needed to find a good fix. It was always so elusive before, with no exact steps to reproduce it.. and that is always difficult (sometimes impossible) to debug.

But yes.. Thank you!! for fixing it once and for all :D
    Rhodris, Cheallaigh and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Jamiss Developer

Yes, the scarcity with which it appeared always made it difficult to track down, but with this latest update it made it a lot easier to get it into a test situation.
    Seni, Praetorian, Juraiya and 4 others like this.
  17. Wizgian Member

Good work Jamiss! So far, since the patch today, I've not had any upskirts. Good work, fella, I think we all owe you a pint! :)
    Rhodris and NrthnStar5 like this.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

Jamiss needs some cookies =)
    Wizgian likes this.
  19. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Thanks for fix!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  20. Spindle Well-Known Member

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Definitely cookies for Jamiss )
    Wizgian and NrthnStar5 like this.