Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs - 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 25, 2018.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Oceansfull, a brand new event, is active on Test!

For generations, the othmir have been giving thanks to Prexus at this time of year for all he provides, above and beneath the waves. You are welcome to join any you may find celebrating along the oceans' edge, across Norrath. They say if you search the waters nearby their celebration locations, you're bound to find evidence of Prexus' generosity.

Brand New Event for '18!
    • TLE servers
      • Stormhold - All of the event is active!
      • Fallen Gate – All of the event is active!
    • in-game mail to announce the event.
    • Oceansfull Celebrators are found dancing, and setting off fireworks along the coast in 11 different zones.
    • Clam Shell Game - Players open clam shells found off shore in areas of the world where Oceansfull Celebrators are found to obtain prizes.
    • "Sacraments of the Deep" event collection
    Please note: All of the scaling content should accommodate the new level cap (110). Please be sure to feedback any troubles you may encounter. [Ha! There's no scaling content in this event, silly dev.]

This event content is currently set to run 06/08/2018 at 12:01 AM PT until 06/18/2018 at 11:59 PM PT on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

In Great Divide, the ocean right next to the celebrators at -1376, -534, -2120 is beyond deep, so finding anything off-shore near them is going to be problematic. Folks will also be confused because one of the ice floes near them contain harvestable "pretty shell" used in one quest, and to the other side of them you can harvest "abalone" used in another quest. That's the only shells I was able to find near them on my initial scrounging.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

We're still trying to narrow down the zones for this (missing 4 still), so I'll ask to save a little time. Can you complete the collection entirely within zones that FG can reach? (They won't be able to do Kunark or Velious zones, for example)
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Indeed you can!

~ Kaitheel
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, water breathing would be a necessity to reach the shells on the ocean floor there, but it'll be useful no matter where you choose to participate. (Oh, this may be a good time to remind players that if you don't have water breathing as a racial ability the Totem of the Otter comes in very handy!)

I could move them over to the other side of the zone, on an ice floe near the Scar Bridge Station (-859 -540 604). The shells would still be under water, but they'd be closer to the surface. Do you think that would help?

~ Kaitheel
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

That might be better ... The area directly off where the othmir currently are goes REALLY deep really fast, and gets darker as you go deeper.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea for anybody who's unprepared.

aammmo_O Fallen Gate won't get the Great Divide for a good wile longer and Stormhold does not have access to that
    zone either.
    Fallen Gate will get Kunark next week and Stormholds last expansion was Odus.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There *may* be a respawn issue. (FYI, we've only located 9 of 11 locations so far, with several folks searching.)

I was in Moors, and had to afk for a bit over an hour for acupuncture and a weekly shot. (The AFK part is important, as it meant the zone stayed open.) Areas where I had grabbed shells before had none. I spiraled out and found 2 that I had missed earlier, but that was it. Nobody admits to having been in the zone during the time I was gone. It isn't enough information by itself to raise a red flag, but it is something we'll want to watch over the weekend in each of the impacted zones.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

Having just checked out the ice flow I'm going to have to say 'no' :(

It's very close to the zone line and I already ended up in Eastern Wastes just by overshooting a tad as I was flying to your waypoint. And I would never have dreamt of looking in that area if you hadn't given us the location as I don't see any Othmir nearby (except knowing they're just across that zone line as the tutle swims!)

I was happy enough in the original location once I found the area where the clams are, but then all my toons are water babies with plenty of otter totems :) There seem plenty, the respawn rate seems good and there's no local agro mobs. On the downside it is very, very deep and it is featureless down there so it's very easy to get lost if you don't keep an eye on your maps to navigate. Me and the arctic badgers were quite happy down there :)

If it will help any I can flood the broker with otter totems on 3 servers :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

We found them all, thanks everybody *happy dance*:
    Ant, CL, GFay, GD, EW, Kylong, TD, Moors (-1577, -1086, -263), OF (395, -242, -834), Tranquil sea (-1100, 24, 495), Phantom Sea (1166, 15, 1363 )
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yep. 3 of the 11 zones listed above will be able to be reached by FG (Antonica, Commonlands, GFay), so I'm in the process of checking the shinies for those 3 zones now.

Edit: well, more than 3 zones, as I'm behind on FG news ... they get Kunark next week apparently. :D
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Thankfully, Great Divide isn't required for this event, so full participation is possible for both TLE servers. Don't let the discussion of 1 of the 11 zones confuse anyone.

~ Kaitheel
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks Kaitheel :D
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Correct! TLE servers will do just fine with this.

You don't need any 1 specific zone for this. You will need to access a minimum of 3 zones in order to get the entire shiny collection, but each clump of 3 shinies needed for the 9-piece collection is in more than one zone. (It is a lot like the roses collection for E-Day or the chronoportals collection, where you can get group A from a couple different zones, group B from a couple different zones, and group C from another group of zones).

I've got what I think is a full shiny list and I'll make sure it goes into the preview. Later. I need to go stretch and such before I bite someone due to the pain grumpies. :)

There is also 1 hidden achievement for opening 25 shells. I opened over 100 to be sure there weren't more, and someone else opened 150, and it looks like just the one achievement/title.

The long and short of it is that everything looks doable. Those of us who get lost that deep down in the murky ocean will just skip GD and harvest our shells in the other 10 zones. ;D

All the house items place properly. I have not tested the 2 illusions yet, as I only have 1 of each, and ... yeah, time to go take a break first.....
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

This might just be a sneaky Kaitheel trick, Mum :)
    I thought we had the same problem in Commonlands when both the areas I had found shinies stopped respawning. Then I logged on my master tracker and found the other 2 places the sneaky dev had hidden them! Once I cleared those the other 2 areas started to repop normally.

I'll run Pickett up to Moors tomorrow and investigate.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

why do we need to worry about scaling with this festival there are no mobs to kill that scale to you , or am I missing something ?
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the scaling text is what Kaitheel would call a "copy pasta" error of his event testing boilerplate text. Mmmmm, pasta ....
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Whoops! Was processing screenshots and caught this one:

The hidden "Clam Shell Game" achievement thinks it belongs in the Tinkerfest category of achievements. (It is still hidden, but when you manage to view it from a link, it shows the following:
    [IMG]
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

VMN (Very Minor Niggly)
    All of the item names from the "an Oceansfull Festival Gift" are capitalized other than the housepet "kelp fiend", which is all lower-case.
  20. Dyeana Active Member

I was curious also about the scaling comment, and was wondering if the cloak or something was to scale? :D

Originally when I saw this <Oceansfull> I had visions of Oceans 11, 12, and 13, and the timing of the upcoming Oceans 8. Was expecting something like Gorgo Clue-knee enlisting help of Mattie Demonslayer to covertly do some quest with the appropriate number of characters or assistants performing parts in the ruse.. <Sigh> :rolleyes: No quests per say.> Not even a quest to find and click on the totems at each of the Othmir camps.

Oh well, something for the next year.

:p

Dye