Thank you for Elixer of the expert

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Buba, May 25, 2018.

1. Buba Active Member

I think the elixir is a great idea! A group from our guild tried it and it worked like a charm. It gives us a chance to play some alts and for those who do not have time to grind it lets them get involved at least for 1 dungeon a day. Big thumbs up from our guild on this one.
    Earar and Roxxlyy like this.
  2. Perciful Active Member

Where do you get the elixir? We could not figure it out last night.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It drops at the end of an Expert instance in the reward box.
  4. Mindsway Well-Known Member

It seems that you can only get them from running zones, go figure. However, even though they were heirloom I couldn't put them in the shared bank. I'm going to try again later today to see if it's still the case but if it is then that's kinda defeating the purpose, no?
  5. Leed Active Member

Doesn't appear to drop at the end of a regular heroic though. Which seems odd - if you can do the experts already...then you get the potion that lets you do 1 a day at higher stats?
  6. Stach Well-Known Member

So this means you have to be able to do the experts, to get the Elixer? This is not how they presented it on the stream yesterday, They made it sound like anyone could get one of those a day.

If this is the way it was implemented another reason not to come back and play.
    Mizgamer62, Kawoosh and Meneltel like this.
  7. Treggar Active Member

I got one from the SOH solo zone.
  8. Buba Active Member

We got ours from the SoH solo zone.
  9. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Yeah I can't put them in shared bank, even though they're heirloom.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Guess its the "other" type of heirloom, the kind you keep to look at but not share with other "family" members...

*snickers maliciously as I fade into the shadows*
    Juraiya, Argosunited, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  11. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ion-elixir-of-the-expert.585113/#post-6507384
    Got the elusive Elixir of the Expert after completing a non-SoH Heroic zone. Later after running non-SoH solos and non-SoH solo weekly, Nothing.

Unless you're running an Expert zone, is the Elixir of the Expert a one drop per day, after running a zone? Or is it a random drop, after running a zone?

Wasn't the original intent, months ago, dropping the elixir after entering an Expert zone?

... to be able to run an Expert zone.

That is known as "Catch-22." (Catch-22 by Joseph Heller, 1953)(Catch-22 film, 1970)
    The simple definition https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=catch 22
    "A requirement that cannot be met until a prerequisite requirement is met, however, the prerequisite cannot be obtained until the original requirement is met."
    Juraiya and Mizgamer62 like this.
  12. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I got 5 elixirs last night - we ran the heroic weekly and one expert zone.
  13. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Except for the expert 1, were the 4 elixirs rewards for the weekly, or just the 4 heroic zones, or both?
  14. Caith Developer

Elixir of the Expert is rewarded from every heroic mission, normal and expert versions alike.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Leed Active Member

Randomly and not every time though right? (Just wondering if there's a bug that maybe makes it not drop sometimes, or if it's meant to be a random reward).
  16. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I think I got all five from the heroic zones and the weekly. We were moving so fast, I didn't pay a lot of attention.
    Kawoosh likes this.
  17. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Any idea why we can't put them in shared bank? They're tagged as heirloom.
    Juraiya, Kawoosh and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Leed Active Member

I keep getting them on my main, but my alt that actually needs them has seen absolutely 0 drop in any heroics so far from finishing missions, just getting infusers.
  19. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

We're running Heroics to help friends, who get slaughtered in Heroics, get Elixirs to have a chance at getting the better Expert gear. Mastercrafted resolve 24 gear only goes so far. We're dealing with a crew that looks like a snapshot of the crew from "Solo." And News Flash, the Elixir will randomly not drop in Heroics.

No matter how many you get, an Elixir can only be used by one player once a day. How about getting rid of the mini-grind/mini-time sink prerequisite and make getting Elixirs a more (oh say what Daybreak internal stats show match 50% or so of the subscriber base) player friendly method?
  20. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

It's just probably bugged, wait till next xpac it will be fixed