Obsidian Core Expert - no selfcure for mages

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Chillispike, May 24, 2018.

1. Chillispike Active Member

I runned Obsidian Core Expert today and as Coercer i wasn't able to self cure the elemental effect that pops every now and than while in the zone.
    In the normal Version of the zone it is possible to self cure it as mage.
    A priest can cure it in the expert version, by the looks of it.
  2. Chrol Developer

It is a higher level debuff which only priests can cure.
  3. Chillispike Active Member

Ok, on that note ..
    To cure the "uncureable" curse a priest has to single cure the player. Yesterday our healer did single cure a cursed player but the curse didn't seem to go away and the player still died.
    It wasn't a group cure for sure (our Healer has a macro in group chat for it) and it can't be a mage cure.
    I didn't look though the logs of the fight, but anyone else had similar? (Priest single cured and curse didn't go away? )
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Which curse? The one on the final named? It's NOT curable... it hits somebody when an add is killed and the person dies when it expires. We've never found a way to take it off.
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I am not a fan of cures not doing what they are supposed to do.
    lower the level of the debuff please
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Was the det 'greyed out'? If so, it is DESIGNED to be incurable.
  7. Doomravin Well-Known Member

The "incurable" curse in normal obsidian core is actually curable if the player is directly targeted with a cure curse by the healer and has the cureable elemental detriment which procs on players during the zone on the cursed player at the same time.

When we did obsidian core in expert on release of the GU our healer was able to manage this curse with no problems, so I assume that this has not changed. In other player's defense I will admit it took us six months to figure it out ourselves

Some peeps with nonstandard user interfaces might have problems with the click cure method where they're not used to having to directly targett a player to cure their curse
    Chillispike likes this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

So you're saying if the priest is slacking and not curing the regular dets.. then they can cure the person who gets cursed? THAT'S a genuis strat *eye roll*
    Doomravin likes this.
  9. Doomravin Well-Known Member

I did say it took us six months to work it out :)
  10. Chillispike Active Member

OH that way around lol .. I thought it was single cure to elemental detriment to cure to curse.
    Ok so when a player has the uncureable curse thes need the detriment as well then you can "Cure Curse" the uncureable curse.
    I did read the examine window for the uncureable curse, but i guess i've missunderstood the text a bit.
    Thanks Doomravin.
  11. Hdizzleh Member

As mentioned above, the "incurable" curse on last boss IS indeed cure-able.. The priest must have a detriment on them in order to single click cure it. Therefor groups running with pet classes that cure should put their pets on passive, and no priest group curing... That way your priest can hopefully always have the detriment on them to cure it