Robbed of PQ Reward

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xellium, May 13, 2018.

1. Xellium Active Member

So I have now been robbed of a reward after a PQ 3 times in the last month.

Specifically, the Hate crafting PQ.
    It seems like every time I die at the last dragon trying to help dps it, I get screwed out of a reward from the Dr.

The chance at a celestial teaching is very rare, so being robbed of a roll after putting in 30 minutes of work really makes me want to throw my laptop at the wall.
    Its little things like this that really drive me crazy.

In the future ill just stand around afk so that I don't risk getting bugged from dying.

Please fix this.
  2. EmJay Well-Known Member

This has happened to me a few times also. What I do now if I die while killing the last named, I just stay dead and do not revive. I can then still accept the quest reward and get ported to CoV.
  3. Gojiria Member

I just got told, if this game puts me into a place where I'm considering physical violence, I should find another game. I'm not telling you that. I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to smash something, or someone, because of this game screwing stuff up. Over. And over. and OVER again.

;)

Good luck out there. :Hugs:
    Meneltel likes this.
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

After having this happen to me, over the 17 years I played EQ/EQII, I finally gave up. I still return, once in awhile, to support my guild, but the game became way too complicated, and buggy, for me to enjoy anymore.

Still, the game gave me a lot of enjoyment, back in the day, and it cured my vertigo, so I can't complain too much about past experiences with the game. It is still a great way for people, with lots of patience, to spend their time. Hopefully enough players will remain, for the game to go on for many years, as levels 1-70 are really a lot of fun.
    Meneltel likes this.
  5. Uruketo New Member

I have the same issues with PQ's and lost credit as well. It is in my nature to rush to help if I die on the last boss as well. Sadly, this game is teaching me it is bad to put in 100% and to learn to slack one in while on the boss. The rest of the PQ's are fun and I love to jump in, it's just the lost credit on the last boss that is the damper.
    Meneltel likes this.
  6. Svenone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have had this happen on each of the current PQs, and it not only sucks that it happens in the first place, but sucks even harder because the devs don't seem to give a damn about it. Apparently, if you revive in a PQ, the game looses track of your status. It also appears that helping just with the final boss mob is not good enough, so if you die on the boss and revive, then help further with that boss, you are still S.O.L. Bad mechanics, if I do say so myself.
  7. Chrol Developer

Is this still happening as of the update on May 15?
    • Doctor's Orders missions will no longer be deleted if you participated in the completed public quest and you leave the public quest zone too soon.
    Also, remember, you can only run one mission across any of the Planes of Prophecy once every 3 hours, although you can participate in more than one every 3 hours.
  8. Xellium Active Member

Chrol, this is happening if you die inside a PQ.
    If you die and revive, you will get the reward pop up window, but the Dr. wont reward you.
    I assume it is still happening as it has nothing to do with the 2 things you mentioned above.
  9. Chrol Developer

Xellium, please PM me your character name, server, and the last time this happened to you - date and PQ
  10. Uwopo Active Member

I don't know if this is still happening and I'm not willing to test it, but here is what was happening.

If you die and then revive after the PQ completed and the reward pop-up is on your screen, you will be kicked out of the zone as if you accepted the loot. Back in CoV, you can still accept the reward, then it zones you to CoV again and the Dr. will not respond to you.

The workaround, is simply to stay dead if the PQ is going to complete in the next 30 seconds or so. Once you accept the reward pop-up, it will automatically revive you and port you out of the zone. I always wait a few seconds and make sure I've moved somewhere safe before accepting. In the Sol Ro PQ, it's possible to be killed by the knockback orb even after the boss is dead.

Even with the workaround, I've lost the reward once or twice because the PQ can end unexpectedly on occasion and bad timing will rob you.
  11. Chrol Developer

Yes, this is what the May 15 update fixed.
  12. Stonedog New Member

No, it isn't fixed.

I just ran Pod PQ on my Monk and got no reward due to a death.

This happened not 15 minutes ago.
  13. Chrol Developer

Please PM me your character name and server.
    Siren likes this.