Mouse Problem after Windows April 2018 Update

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Khieran, May 22, 2018.

1. Khieran Active Member

Two separate computers both started having mouse problems in EQ2 after Windows installed the April 2018 update.

What's happening is that when I try to mouselook, or even sometimes when I try to click on something, the camera spins around and points straight up, so I am looking up at my character from underneath.

Is there anyway to fix this? Someone in-game suggested limiting FPS to 30, and that seemed to help a little, but the problem is still there.

Anyone else encountered this?

*edit* sorry, just saw the other thread - devs feel free to delete this one :(
  2. clapisback Active Member

Take a look at the camera spinning upwards thread.

Reduce your FPS to around 30 and it should improve. Will still happen, but not as much.

AFAIK devs know about it and are looking into it
  3. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Yea, it looks like the recent Windows update had some ill-effects on mouse functionality in EQ2, and caused some issues across other games (not just ours, seems to be a broader issue with nearly every update).

Like Clap said, the Camera Spinning Upward thread has a handful of different solutions players have found in it. Some have worked for some players, others have not. We are looking into fixing the issue in full, but in the mean time you may be able to find a temporary fix in there.