Marketplace Purchases-"its a scam"

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tritton, May 22, 2018.

1. Tritton New Member

Am I the only one or are there others who have bought items or in game currency in the marketplace to find a charge on your credit card and nothing to show for it? I have a feeling I'm not alone with this, and when I submitted a ticket for my issue the tech's response was that I should try another purchase. Can you believe this, Daybreak cares so little about its fading customer base that it dismisses the smallest of issues, were talking about a $5.00 purchase for a 14 year loyal customer. I have to say I'm disappointed and am already looking for something to move on to. I would like to hear from others who have had similar issues so post a comment so we can make our voices heard.
    Mindsway and Kheldar like this.
  2. Castegyre Well-Known Member

This sort of things has been going on for a while now. At least a couple of years that I'm aware of. I've been lucky enough to not have a problem myself, but my SO and people we know have had more than a few situation where CS basically refused to help after the game's system effectively ripped someone off.

Whatever you do, do not go through your bank if you care about your account and a future with DBG.
  3. Lucus Well-Known Member

i'd suggest filing another ticket and hoping you get a different CSR, because it appears whichever one you got doesn't understand that when there is "paid, got no product" issue that when someone reports it that they should fix it in order to be compliant with consumer law whether it's a refund or product delivery.
    Tritton, Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Hold their feet to the fire so they feel the heat! If they are going to be a business, they need to act like one and deliver what was paid for!
  5. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Was your account charged, or is there merely a pending authorization hanging on your account?

It could be that their pos system got hung up and didn't complete the transaction. If that's the case, the pending authorization should drop off your account in about 7-10 business days.

Might be why the CS person suggested you try the purchase again.

Otherwise, dunno.
  6. Beast Member

Then dispute the charge and dont buy anything else . Or talk with another CS. Not hard to fix honestly .
  7. Roxxlyy Community Relations

If you contact CS (help.dayreakgames.com), they will absolutely be able to resolve your issue. If you were told to try another purchase, it is more than likely that the charge to your card didn't actually go through and will be dropped once it's finished pending.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Tekka Well-Known Member

I've actually spoken to a bank representative about a charge in 'pending' status (unrelated to games) and was told the company that initiated the charge has the ability to 'decline' it so that it drops out of pending status in a more timely manner.

Not that I suspect this company would even entertain such a proactive customer support/service stance at this point. (which is a shame, I always had good dealings with them in the past)
    Argosunited and Rhodris like this.
  9. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Fyi - disputing/charging back bank card transactions will result in an account ban (including an ip address ban).
    Rhodris, Siren, Tekka and 2 others like this.