Experts in PoP - stats needed for T1

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Furycai, May 21, 2018.

1. Furycai Member

Minimum stats other than resolve, any idea wht they should be?

Fir example, can we get by with a group of 50 fervor and 70K potency?
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

There will be a potion that 'jumps up your stats' for 1.5 hours each day so you can hopefully get 1 zone done.

Just proof to me they know most people can't run the zones in what they are getting by actually playing.
    Pixistik, Meneltel and Rhodris like this.
  3. Clintsat Well-Known Member

That's a far stretch right there. You can get over 80k pot without raid gear.
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I'm sure "you" can.
    Pixistik and Svenone like this.
  5. Nkito Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure the point in adding expert zones if there's a potion that lets anyone run them.
  6. Kander Developer

The potion let's you run 1 expert zone per day on the character that consumes it. Those who are geared for them can run as many as they deem necessary.
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  7. naomesh New Member

What does this mean? Because you can hit 65k pot by only running the weekly heroics extremely easily, and not spending a single much plat (you still need 250 plat to convert the stones). I don't know about 80k, that seems pretty ridiculous to claim. But 65k pot is attainable, as is 650 resolve, as is 1.5 million ability mod. I haven't run a single raid in PoP, I haven't even been in the zone, and all of my characters are 40+m hps, 65+k pot, 1.3-1.5m ability mod, and 610+ resolve.
  8. slica Active Member

Actually you can have about 86-89k potency without any raid gear...my brig has 2 pieces of t1 armor that’s it and I’m just sky of 90k...and I don’t have any of the preorder potency buffs that give 1k potency since I didn’t play then...
  9. Tajar Well-Known Member

You can just about scrape 80k in ONLY group gear, but means getting the mount and reforging the crafted jewelry just right and stuff. That seems to be the upper cap I've found though, my tank has 90k simply because of her offensive stance on top of all the above, but my other equally geared toons are sitting about 80ish.
  10. Drona Well-Known Member

Its very EASY to get 70k pot from heroic gear even for a casual player. The expansion has been out for 6 months now and I would think if you are playing for that amount of time, the average player should be sitting at 80k easily.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

800 potency is something, but it isn't going to make up the difference.
    Xianthia likes this.
  13. Clintsat Well-Known Member

It is more than 800 potency when you factor in things like deity tithe. The point we are making is that if you are active in heroic content, you will have your mount, probably your collection neck and other goodies that will get you somewhere close to 80k pot. If you don't do heroics consistently, you should expect to struggle in experts...because they are designed to challenge more geared/experienced players.
  14. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Oh, no one I know in the 3 guilds I am in are even attempting current heroic content, so I'm not planning on doing experts anyway. It takes far too long to get all the orange adorns etc. And Now that Deity is so crippled everyone realizes they are permanently behind. 50k is reasonable for solo like I do, and that won't get you in heroic groups today. But enjoy your ethereals. I was kind of focusing on PQs to get the orange runes, but now that I have done the math a realize a full set will take 2 years or more to get. I'm giving up on that.
    Meneltel likes this.
  15. Clintsat Well-Known Member

The best way to get the oranges is to buy/loot materials for the level 5s and get them commissioned or to just do pgs to get level 4s. You've been around for a while so you probably already have some coins to burn on them.
  16. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

At the current rate of PQ coinage, it looks like it will take 4 months to get orange IV runes. If I don't miss a day. Whoever sets these numbers needs a real meeting with reality.

And sure, I could buy 5 Krono, and sell them for 5 mill in plat and get the Orange V runes (P2W), but I don't pay for stuff like that. I want to playyyyyy. Then I would have to shell out for ascensions. then I could shell out for the crafting mats.

I could buy almost everything I need, then there is no point in playing.

It's already boring running solos and PQs ad nauseum.

Enjoy your summer ethereals! Good hunting.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

It would probably be faster to run the solo zones and break down the loot for infusions then to go to PQ route, at least for a single toon. Do the daily harvesting quests unlocked by the TS sig line for chances at essence of magic (both while out doing the harvesting and as possible rewards from each of the 3 quests).
  18. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

400 infusions would be quicker by a bit, but 400 fragments? That would take far far longer than PQs.
  19. Mandoblast Active Member

The fragments come fairly fast from solo since they put in the item that gives a high chance at a fragment. The infusions come from breaking down heroic gear so that might be a bit more of a challenge considering each lvl 5 orange costs 100 infusions.

I think the alternate route to orange lvl 4 is still available if you want to grind Proving Grounds. I think it is 575 PG marks for a lvl 4 orange and you get 18 a run solo reset-able every 3 hours. Throw in a few alts and weekly PG, and you could have oranges in a few weeks.

Just tossing out alternatives.
  20. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I understand how all that works, and have been working on it. Of course now I am permanently behind on deity so even oranges will leave me far behind.

Without alts, the PG route is 45 days to IV runes. if you don't miss a day, and can do 2 a day. Sorry, already have a job.

Again, it's fine. I piddle around here doing stuff. I mainly play other games now. I found the "expert potion" idea interesting and came back to take a look. Just proves to me that the Devs know most haven't made the gear to do the zones.

I've tried three guilds, found most do not have the desire to slug it out to do current heroics, that's 100s of accounts. And yes, purely anecdotal. Guilds seem to be raiders ("The Marine Corps") or casual ("The Peace Corps") few run heroics.
    Meneltel likes this.