Camera spinning upward

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Klalorn, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Odosan New Member

Dumbing down the FPS sounds horrible and is counter to gameplay experiences. But it we have to do it to fix this STUPID issue with the mouse, well I will think a long time before I buy the next expansion if the gameplay limits my FPS.

I really enjoyed the 110 FPS+ rates.. So, please try to fix this issue and keep out FPS as high or higher as we do now. #KEEPFPSHIGH.

Odo
  2. Anyaah New Member

A friend posted this today and said it's been working for her. Edit eq2.ini with

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]cl_mouselook_capture_windows_mouse false[/COLOR]
    Beee likes this.
  3. alliekats Member

no, this is an EQ2 problem, as it has done it to me as well, and all I am doing is either moving things around in my guild hall, or trying to pick up drops.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is a problem since the last Windows update. Limiting FPS in Options to 30 or so seems to help for most folks.
  5. Poetic_Justice Member

This is horrbile and unplayable. I'm having the same issue more so with the new update with Windows 10. There's no way I'm dumbing down my FPS thats ludacrise. It sounds like a coding issue. I will try to the code but so far it doesn't seem to work.
  6. Corran Member

same thing happening to me too too much worse since new windows 10 update, setting to 30 fps doesn't work nor does smoothing /click to window etc
  7. avashi Active Member

I can't even harvest now let alone try to group. The camera spins almost every time I click the mouse this morning. I am in Shard of Hate PQ and miserable lol
  8. Jamiss Developer

We are aware of the issue as well as the recent increase in it. There have been several attempts to correct this including registry changes and mouse capture changes (the option specified in this post: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...era-spinning-upward.3207/page-12#post-6506758).

The issue does seem to stem from something within Windows as this most recent update has caused it to be happening more frequently, but we are continuing to investigate the issue and searching for a permanent resolution.
    Juraiya, Poetic_Justice, Beee and 5 others like this.
  9. Nilyana Active Member

Try turning on synchronize refresh, too. It doesn't solve the problem totally for me, but it happens much less than without it, and for me it is a better temporary fix than the FPS thing (even if that worked better).
    Poetic_Justice likes this.
  10. Gerak Well-Known Member

I have been playing since Friday at 11AM PDT with FPS setting at 30 and have had no camera spinning. I tried to increase the setting to 42 and within 5 minutes I had a camera spin. I returned it to 30 and have been clean since.
  11. clapisback Active Member

Turned my FPS down to 36, seems to help but it still happens. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I know people who have had the camera spin issue all expac.. it might have gotten WORSE with the recent windows update, but it is not something NEW with the update.
    Castegyre, Tekka and Rhodris like this.
  13. Defender of Hedgehogs Member

This has been happening since launch for me -- with varying degrees of frequency. Much, MUCH more often now than before, as it used to happen only when I used mouse-look, and now happens when I click almost as often.
  14. DCCORP New Member

Also confirm this issue. The activation of the "Synchronize Refrresh" option helped me (not 100% but significantly). max 30fps - the step into the past - let's ask the DB developers to solve this problem.
    So you can set 15 fps and watch the 20th century cartoons))
  15. Kahling Member

Just to add to this the reason 30fps was picked as a semi solution was that most monitors run at 60 fps max so half that is 30 which provides a smoother experience than 36 or some other random number. There are monitors that go above 60 but you will probably know if you have one of these as they carry a slight premium.
  16. Khieran Active Member

Add me to the list too - since the April 2018 Windows update, both of my computers are having this problem :(
  17. Outlaw New Member

Add me to the list too
  18. Ballari Member

19. Nekre Active Member

Hey Guys, I do not know if anyone has given you a fix but, I fixed it temporarily by going to Options, on display, Hit Advanced, go to your FPS, and change the maximum to 30. It fixes it 90% of the time.

Im to lazy to see if anyone gave you a fixed answer :)
  20. Fistpower Well-Known Member

I rather drop to my death for the 15th time in Soulsek Eye than play any game at 30fps.

I'm sorry but that just cant be a solution :(
    Poetic_Justice, blackjack and Tekka like this.