A restitch in time lightening strikes still requires combines in specific order

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by zelldeb, May 12, 2018.

1. zelldeb New Member

The update notes said that the tradeskill quest lightening strikes would no longer care which order you made the rods or the temper. this is not true. i made the temper first then the rods then the quest updated and says i need to make the temper and would not progress further until i crafted another temper. i have also submitted a bug report.
  2. semisus Does not play this game

Im gonna derail this a little bit , also in disease ts daily i accidently clicked stop and was not refunded the inert seal of power and was unable to complete
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Hmmm... I am not able to reproduce this. Did you craft the Heated Clay Temper before the update on Tues May 8, perhaps?

~ Kaitheel
  4. Vunder Well-Known Member

I just finished this twice yesterday and the order did not matter to me.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  5. Alarra Well-Known Member

I had to do it in a certain order. I ended up having to get all the materials to make a new Clay Temper.
    I did this after said update. Think it was on Sunday.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Were all three goals listed at the same time, or did you only see one at a time?
    • Craft the Untempered Lightning Rods
    • Craft the Heated Clay Temper
    • Apply the Heated Clay Temper to the Untempered Lightning Rods
    ~ Kaitheel
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Alarra Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I do not recall when I did both the first time around, however, when I had to craft the Heated Clay Temper again, it did not have "Apply the Heated Clay Temper to the Untempered Lightning Rods" as a listed quest update.
    It had a check next to the Untempered Lightning Rods, but, not one next to the Craft the Heated Clay Temper.
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Ah, then it's not that the quest still required you to do the steps in order, it sounds more like somehow the quest didn't update properly when you first crafted the Heated Clay Temper. Interesting... You crafted these items in the quest zone, at the quest tradeskill station, correct?

~ Kaitheel
  9. Alarra Well-Known Member

Yes, at the in zone quest station in the zone.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Okay, good. At least that wasn't the cause of the issue. Thank you for the help!

~ Kaitheel
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, I noticed that when I was taking a new toon yesterday through this instance, all three options showed up and gave you direction. It does not reflect this order when you've been through the TS timeline already and are working on a daily of the TS. You still see the same old choices.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, my glob! That's embarrassing! Here I've been examining the signature quest "A Stitch in Time, Part II: Lightning Strikes" NOT the daily quest, "A Restitch in Time: Lightning Strikes". No wonder!

Thank you, Bhayar!

~ Kaitheel
    Rosyposy likes this.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Good news! I've now made the changes to the daily quest "A Restitch in Time: Lightning Strikes" that I had already made to the signature quest "A Stitch in Time, Part II: Lightning Strikes". So, it should mean that crafting the Heated Clay Temper before the Untempered Lightning Rods will no longer cause a conflict with progression, on either quest.

I don't know when this change will get to the live servers, but when it does, the update notes should include the following:
    • A Restitch in Time: Lightning Strikes - Applying the Heated Clay Temper to the Untempered Lightning Rods will now properly update, no matter what zone you are in when you perform the task.
    • A Restitch in Time: Lightning Strikes - Crafting the Heated Clay Temper before the Untempered Lightning Rods no longer causes a conflict with the quest progression.
    ~ Kaitheel
    Rosyposy likes this.
  14. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, you did that wrong, but I wont bother to fix it. But you should have said "Good news, everyone!" in a Hubert J. Farnworth voice (from Futurama http://futurama.wikia.com/wiki/Good_news,_everyone!)

*laughs maliciously with a playful tone added in*
    Kaitheel and Rosyposy like this.