Please Add Ascension 1-10 Drops to Pop Content

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xellium, May 4, 2018.

1. Xellium Active Member

Title says it all, we really need lvl 1-10 ascension components to drop in current content. Right now it's is impossible to start a new toon and or change ascension class due to the absence of spell drops.

This is really bad for the game. Not everyone is a whale with $400 to buy basic things like spells. If you can't progress in game by actualy playing, your limiting your membership. People quit when they realize how far behind they are and that they have no way to progress without spending $$$. People thinking of returning wont/dont. New players will find another game.

Right now you could have 100 million Plat and 60 hours a week of play time and you still cannot progress 1-10 ascension because the spells don't exists. They only drop very rarely from OLD content, yet they are needed for current gameplay/progression.

This is bad for players and bad for your bottom line. What will you do when the whales dry up and no new ones are there to take their place?
  2. Buba Active Member

Entire KA expansion I saw 0 illegible scrolls drop and so far this expansion out of my entire guild only 1 celestial teaching. Point being that even if they put in the 1-10 the drop rates being 1/10,000,000 you will still never see the ability to upgrade spells without paying the researcher. Even masters have only dropped once for entire guild this xpack.
  3. Xellium Active Member

Surprised this isn't getting more attention.
    Ascensions are a basic part of the game now and there is almost no way to obtain them.
    It was hard enough to obtain them during KA with thousands running the zones.
    Now that we are in PoP, almost no one runs KA zones and the spells may as well not exist.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

u can still run KA experts and raids to try to get ascensions

u can do it with a small group and it's a way to get old stuff. and .. if u finished all that PoP has to give you .. just do some KA zones, try to get stuff from there

that's what people were doing too in old days, to farm masters that weren't upgraded and so didn't drop in new content
  5. Xellium Active Member

I am aware that we can run old content.
    But you could run 1000 zones and not see any drops.
    The only reason they were available was because the volume of instances ran, because it was current content.

Running old zones is not a viable solution.
    It's just an extremely bad gamble on your time.
    They would have to increase the drop rate a lot for that to be ok.

Remember running old content for tithe last xpac?
    Ya I remember it too and guess what, it was one of the biggest reasons I quit last year. It was bad game design and it was changed.
    Making people grind trivial old content to progress in the current tier is not fun.

Since it's a core part of the game, obtaining them in current content is essential to the health of the game.

I have seen multiple people quit over this.
    And I have seen multiple returning players quickly un sub.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

people quit over a lot of reasons though

if it's not for that may be for something else.

I don't say who is right or wrong but at the same time they do as they were doing. previous content stuff don't drop in new content (except fragments)

so it's logical in a sense. even if those spells are still in use .. they were old xpac and stay old xpac. And frankly they almost never dropped last year either .. the drop rate is really low. so they could tell u they added ascension drop in this expac for the old ones ... but oh .. u don't see any coz it's 1% chance :p

but the crappiest thing is the way it levels. u deal with it, or u quit or u ignore it

but I don't think people quit just for one reason. it's usually multiple that adds up. and this one was too much. but u don't quit because u can't get spells
  7. Xellium Active Member

You agree that the drop rate was so low last xpac that they were very rare.
    So you understand that going back to farm now would be impossible.
    And you think that's ok?

Ascension 1-10 is not old tier content.
    The system is mandatory for current tier progression.
    Raid mobs are most certainly balanced around them.
    There is no reason why they cannot be obrained currently.

And yes people quit for many reasons, why give them more?
    If you ran a restaurant would you refuse to wash your silverware?
    After all, people find a lot of reasons not to come in and eat.
    So then why bother? Right?
    Wrong silverware is a basic tool that you provide your customers so that they can eat the food that they are paying you for.

Ascension 1-10 = silverware!
    Please offer clean silverware to your customers DBG...
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I would agree with that. I think, unfortunately, it's starting to become a tipping point. The drop rate for pages was ludicrous to begin with. People want to move their toon(s) forward, and when a flawed mechanic is allowed to block that and continues on into the next xpac, it accelerates the frustration. It's not just the drop rate, it's also tied to another broken mechanic--RNG. We've got one person who's seen an overly large number of celestial teachings drop in SoH TS compared to others running the same instances repeatedly. I've personally gotten only one. The same mechanic seems tied to another limiting factor--dropping of fragments to update the Epic 2.0. Naming conventions were screwy from the beginning--a "Superior" fragment is of lesser value than a "Greater?" Getting Superiors seems fairly easy. Getting Greater fragments to drop is a whole nother issue. Haven't even seen one drop in current content. A number of us are currently running old PQs just for the chance at a greater. That simply shouldn't be a mechanic players have to deal with at this point in my opinion.
    I'm not saying, make them fall from the sky like raindrops and trivialize it. I am suggesting that this should be revisited. If it's important to character development, then it should be achievable in a reasonable amount of time. Put another way, if DBG offered its employees a year end bonus of $5000 and only 1 employee could win it and it didn't matter how many hours you worked, your tenure with the company didn't count, and everyone used the current RNG to roll on it to win, would you consider it an incentive or a disincentive?
  9. naomesh New Member

Honestly, leaving important character progression to RNG is just poor design. There can always be small min/max pieces that are left to RNG, but important ones, ones that will get you shunned if you don't possess, that's just not fun gameplay.
  10. Mindsway Well-Known Member

DBG has zero incentive to do this, it would just cut into their revenue stream. Although honestly seeing how rare even the PoP ones are, it would probably have minimal impact. I'd love to see it implemented but I wouldn't hold my breath.
  11. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

It took me almost one year and a half to get three spells to Grandmaster and four to expert. I refuse to pay real money for spells upgrades and it puts me into rather bad posiotions since the difference between even expert and grandmaster is huge, not to mention apprentice and grandmaster. I've made a mistake choosing Geomancer and now I can't even switch classes.

The whole Acension system in the curent state is one big shady deal. The core element of the game, the main source of damage for every priest class, and significant source for the rest of archetypes, requires huge real money investment or one is basically left virtually disabled.
  12. Julesholland Active Member

I find it sad that customer support has not tried to explain the reason why this was implemented, or to give some reassurance of a way forward.
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

After this amount of time passed since implemented and with many complaints, it is obvious to me that it is company policy.

http://www.reallyshortfunnyjokes.com/business-jokes/1157.html
  14. semisus Does not play this game

I think its bad design making , it scares of new people from the game and it also makes me to play alts less
    ill admit ive paid for some dbc for getting upgrades but i will not do this for a alt , these should drop in current content
    But design decisions like this and familiar lvlin are probably made by managment and not the devs
    It also seems the 33% chance for a celestial teaching from a heroic weekly after getting the mount is now a 5% chance.
  15. slica Active Member

account flag ascension spell lvl upgrades and go
  16. Schortt Active Member

I agree, its just plain stupid that they don't have drops in the new content for 1-10. accession. And let me add if you on AB its hard enough to find a group let alone a group to go do old content.

My biggest disappointment about DB is there lack of response to its players. It really seems like nobody cares anymore.
  17. Kander Developer

We will look into making the 1-10 ascension components drop in some form of current content.

We'll see about getting something in with GU 106.
    Rosyposy, Mindsway, Argonath and 4 others like this.
  18. Xellium Active Member

Wow! Great news.
    Thanks Kander!
  19. Dracks Member

Thanks Kander!

Can you also either make the Superior fragments usable as upgrade components for the top-end (Grandmaster & Ancient) of the mythical buff spells, or increase the drop rate of Greater fragments? The Greater fragments are very rare in current content - I think I've seen one despite completing the weekly heroic and raid missions since the expac launched.
    Mindsway likes this.
  20. Vunder Well-Known Member

Drop rate still 1/10,000,000,000,000

I run the zones daily and have never seen a single drop.

It was far easier to work 1 hour of overtime and use that money to upgrade a spell.
    Aussie_one and Meneltel like this.