Torden:tower heroic

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by slica, May 9, 2018.

1. slica Active Member

About 30 seconds into the last names fight I get hit by a skill (I forget the name exactly) something sand..I’ll find it out later n fill it in, that hits my char for 220k damage then consecutively after for 330k damage. Basically an insta death...is this a fail condition of some sort or just a bug with the named??
  2. Gninja Developer

It is an ability he has. Can I get a little more info about how you are engaging him? How many players? What class tank? Your groups' max hit points, Name of the ability (just in case I am thinking of a different one), etc.
  3. semisus Does not play this game

After the fighter script was taken out i started running heroics with friends again trying to help each other with meta and getting guildies crafting mount , ive been tanking t1 and t2 sucessfully as a conjuror but it does seem that winds of change still might have fighter script in effect , i do get one shotted by varius nameds in there even with defiler wards on me
    I dont really wanna complain though , being able to do heroics without a tank is really helpful seeing as our guild doesnt really have any tanks that plays outside raid hours
  4. Gninja Developer

I need to know the spell name to look into it.
  5. slica Active Member

Yeah I’m at work rn, I’ll pull up act when I get home and give ya all the info.
  6. slica Active Member

And it’s just me solo’ing the zone, I’ve tried to solo him on my wizard and necro, both have about 45mil hp. Has happened to my brig who has almost 59mil hp but I normally kill him before that mechanic happens. I’ll get you the spell name later
  7. Gninja Developer

Sounds like "Pelt with Sand" it's going to be hard to survive that without a group. But it's been there since expansion launch. Just one of his abilities. I don't see anything funky with it.
  8. semisus Does not play this game

winds of change:
    elf whitewind has windfall that does 405 million
    Laef windfall does rockwall for 421 million
    Yveti stormbrood has serius brooding that hits for 400 million
    last named one of em have holy hammer that hits for 418 million

i dont think the hurricane has anything but that one usually dies so fast i dont know.
    as you can imagine we just dps through and i die a few times doing this zone
  9. slica Active Member

Yeah that’s the name of the skill. It’s just hitting me for 200,000-340,000 damage. Seems odd to me is all. I suppose I can run my monk thru it later tonight n see how hard it hits him.
  10. slica Active Member

I could understand 20k-40k.. and it hits 3 times well I’m dead by 2 but act shows 3 hits for some reason. Is that intended as well?
  11. slica Active Member

Scratch that, hit me for 207,072 first hit then 3 seconds later it hit again for 280,069,000 dmg
  12. slica Active Member

(1525774216)[Tue May 8 05:10:16 2018] Gaukr Sandstorm's Pelt with Sand hits YOU for 384210647 piercing damage.
    (1525774217)[Tue May 8 05:10:17 2018] Gaukr Sandstorm's Pelt with Sand hits YOU for 384210647 piercing damage.
    act shows a hit for 224,000 damage but it does not show up in the logs
  13. slica Active Member

(1525622792)[Sun May 6 11:06:32 2018] Gaukr Sandstorm's Pelt with Sand hits YOU for 25388492 piercing damage.
    (1525622852)[Sun May 6 11:07:32 2018] Gaukr Sandstorm's Pelt with Sand hits YOU for 27042912 piercing damage.
    this is what pelt with sands for hits my monk for... this is solo as well
    my brigand has 22k mit and 42k resists
    my monk has 22k mit and 42k resists as well
  14. Gninja Developer

These abilities have been there from the beginning and were not put in place specifically to keep tanks taking the hits. But, I also am not going to make a difficulty change based on someone soloing a heroic dungeon either. Sorry.
    Dude, Rosyposy and ConcealFate like this.
  15. slica Active Member

Yeah I know it has been there, you just never see it cast in a group :p. Was more asking to see if it was some sorta script error or something else I was doing or not doing or if it was intended to one shot non tanks. It’s all good, gives me a challenge to meet the dps check on my alts. :)
  16. Gninja Developer

Ah, okay. No, it is not a script error. Those same abilities do get cast in a group as well.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  17. slica Active Member

Alrighty, thanks for the feedback/info.