My Kingdom For Some Dirt Problem

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rhaevyn, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Rhaevyn New Member

I remember having this same problem years ago when I played and there was a thread somewhere where someone found a way to fix this and for the life of me I can't find it now.

My problem is I'm on the part where I am supposed to pick up the loams in the Forest area and they are just not there. I've logged out three times and back in, even restarting the client and still nothing. This is quite frustrating.

Any suggestions?
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

check this walk through it has some waypoints to wher eyou might find the dirt.

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/EQ2_Quest:My_Kingdom_for_Some_Dirt
  3. Songo New Member

I am having the same problem, I have gone through the Willow Wood tracking part twice, then gone onto the Forest area where the loams are suppose to be and checked all of the locations on the zam list 5 times and NOTHING. I am on the Fallen Gate server, could this be a bug for this server or a progression lockout?
  4. Tshober New Member

I'm having the exact same problem. Tried everything mentioned here but no dirt to pick up. I'm on Antonia Bayle server. Guess it's just bugged period.
  5. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Turn your graphics up as far as you can. It's extremely hard to see.
  6. Tshober New Member

I'm afraid my graphics settings are already set very nearly as high as they can be set. I have some pretty bad-*** hardware.
  7. Simparri Active Member

I've done it on FG, they Are a bit of a PITA to find, I had to keep walking around to find them. A couple I found by keeping an eye behind me, they popped after I passed them by.
  8. Tshober New Member

Anyone have a screen shot of these alleged dirt piles so those of us who have never seen one can see what they are supposed to look like? The walkthru in the link above said they were "sparkly" so I have a hard time believing I could never spot even one of them after doing the quest 4 times now and spending a crazy amount of time looking for them.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

I just leveled up a new fae on test (only server I had a slot) and had zero trouble spotting them in the highlighted 'blue' area on the map. Some were in the water, so I had to go diving but I could see them.
    I'll update this with a screen shot.

[IMG]

10. Tshober New Member

Thanks for the screenshot!

I went back one last time and tried to find them. This time I killed all of the gnolls near the entrance (I had been avoiding them previously). But it made no difference. Still could not find anything even remotely like what your screenshot showed. I have spent WAY too much time on this so I am done. I bug reported it and maybe I'll try again if I make another fae or if I see something in the patch notes about it. Thanks for the attempted assists everyone.
    Finora likes this.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

I wish I had thought to screenshot the map showing the highlighted area.

Here's an absolutely terrible paint job of showing the area lol.

[IMG]
  12. elflover Well-Known Member

try turning up particle effects so you can see the sparkly dirt and zoom in while walking around
  13. Kaitheel Developer

I suspect it is because your quest didn't update properly on an earlier step. What does your quest journal currently say? What was the last step you recall doing?

Hopefully this information will help me find the issue!

~ Kaitheel
    Dude likes this.
  14. Tshober New Member

I think you are right. And thanks for replying!

My journal last said "Lead Jesenda to the Willow Wood". The last thing I did, before fruitlessly searching for the dirt piles, was kill the knolls that the assassin summoned to attack us by the gate. Then Jesenda said the assassin's trail leads to the forest. So we go through the gate to the forest ruins and then Jesenda says the assassin must have scattered the loam right after attacking the fae. Then I started searching for the loam, but could not find any. My journal still said "Lead Jesenda to the Willow Wood", just like it did before she even started tracking the assassin.

Hope that helps!
    Finora likes this.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

I've got a change that should help with this issue, but in the mean time... This may seem odd, but forget Jesenda for now. Return to Qeynos Province District. Use The Willow Wood door (loc 808 -21 -557) to enter "The Willow Wood: Besieged Hamlet". Did that update your quest? Does it now say "Inspect the site of the gnoll ambush with Jesenda"?

~ Kaitheel
    Lateana, Dude and Meneltel like this.
  16. Tshober New Member

Yes, it did! And it progressed from there too. I had no trouble finding the loam for Queen Amree, now that it actually exists!

Obviously I did something differently on my previous attempts that prevented the quest from progressing. I'm guessing I took a different path when leading Jesenda to the woods. In any case, your suggestion cleaned it all up. Thanks so much!
    Argosunited, Dude and Kaitheel like this.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Glad to hear it, Tshober!

~ Kaitheel
    Lateana, Argosunited and Dude like this.