What's a decent crafting tip these days?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Semperfifofum, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Inflation is rampant. I'm not sure what to tip my most gracious crafters these days. 10k plat?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Chat to your crafter! Really depends on what is being crafted. As an extreme example, having a 101-110 ancient where the crafter is providing the recipe is probably a very hefty pay (as those are a single use recipe).

The range of how much anyone pays/tips is wide ranging and is influenced by what is being commissioned.

Using myself as an example, proof updates I don't accept pay, shawl I may accept some minimal pay if I end up doing all of the updates.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. When I craft something I just like to get a sincere thank you in return and maybe make a new friend.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I usually offer to do the job for free as long as all mats are provided, if you need me to supply you with rares then I will charge a minimal sum depending on the level of the rare.

If you want something that uses Brellium or Kaborite, be prepared to bring it with you because I have harvested so much in Sundered Frontier and cannot get my supply of these over 20.

By the way, I do not know what server you are on, but I am on AB, I have all crafters at least at 100, a few at 110.
  5. Tominator Member

I only play/craft on TLE/FG.

I agree, it depends what is being crafted, and if the customer is providing the mats. Do you want a full MC armor set? A whole new tier of experts? Or just one item?

If I'm logged on the crafter that is needed and not doing anything, it may only take a few minutes & not a big deal. If I need to switch toons, buy mats/rares/fuels, stop what I'm doing it may take 20-30+ mins & it's a bit of a hassle. I'd expect something for the trouble. Again, depends on what tier, how many, and if mats/rares are provided.

On TLE, I'd say 5g per item * tier if you provide mats. That sounds reasonable. But I guess it depends on the crafter.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. semisus Does not play this game

For me i just like to help people out , i dont ask for anything
    Sometimes ive gotten donations but i dont ask for any
    Kethryl, Soara2 and Simparri like this.
  7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Thanks for the sincere replies! Good to know.

Last time I had something crafted it was a rune of Championship V before I had that recipe, I gave a 5k tip, and brought all the mats (I think some commissioned recipes now require you to provide it all anyway). The crafter didn't ask for a tip but was glad for it.

Barely a day later, I saw someone offering 10k for the same service, asking in chat. It made me wonder if I'd shortchanged the person.

I was thinking that at this point a crafter can make about 30k on my server for an expert of a new spell, so maybe 10k would've been better, if not 15k which is the going rate for new crafted armor on the broker, and the rune is a much more important item.

IDK, am I overthinking?
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

A great crafting tip for all times: measure twice, cut once. :D
    kerry, Soara2, Simparri and 1 other person like this.
  9. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I craft no low level items as far as gear goes. All else is free. I'm not experimenting for free though and I'm not spending all my time making sets of gear for someone's many alts. But no charge for my crafting if you are on Skyfire
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Nothing. Apparently some think I am being greedy for crafting for free. Rofl