[Wishlist] Loyalty Merchant

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Jazabelle, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Karamella Well-Known Member

maybe.....maybe....they could add the recipe books from former expacs.....pretty pretty please?
  2. Contessia Active Member

recipe books from expacs would be great
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! Believe me, you're not the first folks to have asked for them, but maybe if enough of us do it... ;->

Hey, it only took 7 years of straight-up suggestions, hints, requests, and flat-out whining (/raising_paw /pointing_at_self) to convince them to get us Frostfell crafting stations... ;->

I love the idea of making things available on the Loyalty Merchants/Realtors/etc. that you can't get any more, and haven't been able to for awhile. I'm sure there are people coming into the game, new to it, that might very well have heard about the awesome decorating, but are upset that they were "born too late." What are new customers supposed to do that missed out on the expacs back in the old days? :(

If the Powers are willing to sell the "old" expacs at a discount when the new one is due to be released, surely, surely they can make the recipe books available once the rest of the content goes free and it's impossible to buy them any more. If they can convince people to plop down $35 on a max. level toon, they could probably get at least $25-30 out of us for the recipes on the Marketplace. ;->

If they really get hacked off about it, they could always only offer it to "real human beings," i.e., Members only. :-/

Uwk
    Juraiya and Karamella like this.
  4. Karamella Well-Known Member

Amen to that , can't put it in better words, Uwk :)
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Ohhhh! So many pretty things! Yesyesyes wants them all!!!

Yeah, would be really nice to see some of these on the loyalty merchant. The baby dragons are my favorite. I have no idea how they were obtained originally, but I'm always envious when I see that someone has one. (And I agree - the patchwork ones we can get during holidays just aren't the same!)
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

The baby dragons are from very early in the game.I want to say from the Collector's Edition of the original game.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Juraiya like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And iirc, only one per account available; Uwk has his (and the "a wrapped painting" as well), but he was born in 2006. ;->

Uwk
  8. Finnya New Member

Is this thread even still being looked at by admins/developers? The Loyalty point offerings NEED some attention, seriously. Anything new and level appropriate would be better than what's available right now. I refuse to just buy Plat with it, in Deadpool's words: "that's just lazy writing". Appearance armor, pets, vials, an exchange merchant for long outdated in-game currencies.. ANYthing. Please.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, apparently they look at the other Wishlists, especially for the holidays, since we seem to have gotten just about everything we've requested there (eventually ;->), but I'm not sure about this one. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Lera Well-Known Member

But then the old currencies go away! :eek:

And we already have one of those.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, the gal at the City Festivals...ratonga, I think?

Uwk
  12. Finnya New Member

Did not know about that! Thanks!
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're welcome! Fair warning, though; she takes like anywhere from 2 to 5 at a pop of the old stuff, depending on which kind it is, I think. So it might not be as useful as all that, but if you've got like 6 of something, at least you can get rid of 5, for example. ;->

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Building On Sundered Ground." It's been over two years now, almost three, and I really, really doubt there are any more copies anywhere on the Broker(s) of any server. Never before, when we've missed a World Event, have we missed out on anything that wasn't eventually on the Loyalty Merchant, and since not every server HAD these on their Brokers at the time of the event, even, we just want the chance to get a recipe book for two sets of Building Block recipes. If I have at least one level 100 adventuring toon on each server, I guess they can go against the only elementals on the planet that drop the special material my alts need to make these with.

Uwk
    Karamella likes this.
  15. Karamella Well-Known Member

Well, once you finished the Kunark Ascending Signature Line you earn Sovereign's Medals doing the "Long Live the Emperor!" PQ in Obulus Frontier given by Strashka.
    These medals can be traded for Defender's Medals at Aldaelon Rootbed in Kelethin, Naris T'Vaska and Omarin T'Zaana in Neriak or Gramdur and Durbain outside Maldura (on the platform near the gnomish portal). The same vendors that sell the recipe.

So, being a very stubborn halfling and wanting that recipe book so badly, I pushed the only alt that could join the battle for the medals through the PQ one week long to collect the 300 medals needed. And you know what? I hate doing things over and over and over....But now my carpenter is able to craft granite and sandstone and that's worth the effort :D

PS It would be nice to have the recipe on the Loyalty Merchant as well, so no need to go through the sig line which sometimes was a real pain.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't consider putting in 8+ hours (probably without a lunch break, even ;->) to slog through something in a game to be anything less than work, which is what I'm here to avoid. ;->

I mean, if you think about it, we NEVER had to do this much of a pile of PitAs to get ANYTHING else that had been featured in a World Event. Why this one, just to prove that crafters can be "serious" about the game, too? :mad:

I'm just now going through the Maldura crafting sig line with my Carpy on Test, and even that's a pain. :-/

Uwk
    Karamella likes this.
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Didn't read the 12 pages, but I would love to see the bonus items from previous expansions to be put on the Loyalty Merchant (Collector/premium), aka houses, pets, house items and stuff like that. It could unlock at the same time as expansion unlocks for FTP players which would currently unlock every expansion bonus up to Thalumbra.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think the main reason why they don't do anything like that (dammit; I wish they would, too) is maybe they're afraid that if they do, we won't get the fancy expac editions and just wait for the items to come out on the Loyalty Merchant (on the other hand, we are notoriously impatient and desirous of the "latest n greatest"). To combat that fear, they could put those on the Marketplace, and have the price for all of them add up to the original price of the expac they came from, once the expac was no longer available for purchase. In other words, if there were like 8-9 things that came with a Collector's Edition and each were $10, there you go. I know for a fact that they do sell the upgrade to level 95 tokens on the Marketplace, and you could get those for "free" with a Collector's Edition+ when it first came out.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Mirt Well-Known Member

It would be great to have old prestige houses from years ago on the loyalty merchant. yes I know there's another thread I started about this. Yes I know there was like 1 person who didn't like this idea. I also know that DBG said they couldn't do it for legal reasons. However, devs have said many things over the years that couldn't be done, that were ultimately done. People have money ready to spend on buying houses such as the lavastorm winter retreat.
  20. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Please, please put the Arcanna'se buff statue on the loyalty merchant. Red letter it that you had to purchase the appropriate xpac if you must. I have two statues on different servers, but have toons on other servers that have no access to this buff.