AB = No Fun

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Schortt, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meneltel Well-Known Member

The Fonz, I play casually. If I play hard and work hard its no longer fun for me but a job. Even then, just try joining a group as a dps tank and see what sort of a reaction you get. Even if you can do the damage, most wont even give you a chance. So I don't even try, but I work with my friends and guildies and that's fine.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  2. Kaarkula Active Member

this weekend someone did a who all 110 and it came back with 57 people...
    Kalika likes this.
  3. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I believe it.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

As Meneltel stated, the RP people were forced indoors where disruptive persons could be banned because of all the trolls that came over to AB for the population and new server hardware. Most of the LDL Roleplayers ended up on Maj'Dul, to reunite all of us, AB should go into Maj'Dul.

Personally, I will not leave AB with server transfer tokens, unless I can take my guild and guildhall with me. If they do not merge and force us to use the tokens before shutting the server down, I will shut my accounts off and be done with it. I worked hard for my guild and guildhall and refuse to leave them behind.
    Blazen, Juraiya and Meneltel like this.
  5. Revel Well-Known Member

The fact that the Devs think AB has remotely close to a sustainable population speaks volumes for out of touch they are with the needs of the players.
    Tekka, Rhodris and Argosunited like this.
  6. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I don't believe that the devs or management think AB is 'fine'. I'm of the opinion that they have other concerns that weigh more heavily than addressing the problems with AB that people have been bringing up for some time now.
    Tekka likes this.
  7. Kaarkula Active Member

getting worse still
  8. Inyuyasha Member

it is getting bad when you can go for an hour or more and noone is talking in the general chat channel. and sometimes I only see one or 2 people that are Looking for group
    I have tried for 2 weeks to get my conj and/or my troub a group for Monolith and I get crickets
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

A lot of people turn off general chat and only talk in their guild chat or a special chat channel.
  10. Castegyre Well-Known Member

Eh, my spouse is in several channels that over the years have had a fair amount of traffic like rplfg and homeshow. She'll stay logged in sometimes for several hours and even with general chat and all the other channels in her main window the chat buffer won't even be full. She can still see the spam where she logged in if she scrolls up far enough. That's not a good sign no matter how it gets spun.

As for myself, the few times I have bothered to log in recently I can go for a couple of hours and not see anyone say anything in the few channels I'm still a part of. Granted, I tend to play at off hours, but that isn't normal. Not for pretty much any of the other games I've played in recent times, even the small or dying ones.

Regardless of how or whether or not some people might use some channels, when it's your entire chat window it gets discouraging. Combine this with things like logging in to the city of Freeport and seeing 5 people on a /who for the zone, and I don't care what time of day or what day it is, and that is enough to make me want to log out and go play something with a more obviously robust population like... almost anything.
    Tekka and Mizgamer62 like this.
  11. Malleria Well-Known Member

While that's true, General chat is still by far the most populated and busy chat channel on any server, so it is relevant.
    Tekka, Mizgamer62 and Castegyre like this.
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Since 99% of General chat is for General people and doesn't pertain to me, I shut it off long ago and don't miss it at all. Others may want it on, but ill pass.
    Spindle and Rhodris like this.
  13. Fistpower Well-Known Member

14. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Juraiya and Mizgamer62 like this.
  15. Castegyre Well-Known Member

At the risk of being moderated or penalized yet again, yes. You and anyone else with current payment information on file should strongly consider protecting yourself if and/or when you decide to no longer remain a paying customer of the game. There is information about this situation going back to long before DBG was formed and some continuing after the formation of DBG to support this as a wise move on anyone's part. I'm not going to detail it here, but it isn't so hard to find if anyone should choose to look for it.

Always c.y.a.
    Meneltel, Dude, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  16. Aussie_one Member

for crying out loud .as a member that still has more than several Chars still on AB server its easy to see what the member above is suggesting Blind Freddy can see that ,, MERGE ab over with Maj"dul .for how many years and years AB has been "the Untouchable " server GEEZ it gets annoying to see when some one is saying something that a pain as a cloud in the sky to see just hurry up and merge AB while ya still have a Few players left that log on there
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.