Creatures protected by Planar Defense can no longer...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleurs, Apr 16, 2018.

1. zelldeb New Member

so making the named in solo zones take 15 min longer than before when i am actually just trying to solo them is supposed to be some kind of improvement?.

im an illy, so i just have my pet and an inquisitor merc. when i first got to lvl 110 and was only wearing pom quest reward gear i was able to do all the solo zones. it was tough but manageable. now im in mostly 26-29 resolve gear from heroics with my 2.0 and a couple pieces of t1 raid gear. i tried to do the weekly solo quest. i was able to complete all zones, at about twice the time it took me before except monolith of fire. i got to sol ro ok. it took me 15-20 min just to get him down 5% so the avatar of the sun popped. then for the first time since ive tried this zone i was unable to get the avatar of the sun down before sol ro came back and made him immune to damage. even then they couldnt kill me. i finally just evaced.

if the point of this was to make me never want to run solo content in pop again, then you succeeded otherwise im not sure i understand the point at all. even after reading this post and talking to others on my server about it i still dont get it.

i just came back to the game after taking a few years off and i have really enjoyed the new expansion, and the couple previous that i missed as well. im not sure why game dev's find it important to remove fun from a game when people are having too much of it. i thought games were supposed to be fun? guess i was wrong. hopefully you guys fix this issue soon . i cant imagine how it would feel to get to 110 on your first toon and be in pom quest gear and go to cov and not be able to run solo content at all because that is where you are placing the bar atm. i guess if you want all your new and returning players to get so frustrated with the game because they cant do anything and quit and go seek one of the multitude of other mmorpg's available now then you are doing a good job, otherwise you all might want to fix this serious mistake before it costs you
    Alenna, Juraiya, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  2. Dannni Active Member

Altho hit the nail on the head, these scripts only challenge ones patience. As your character progresses, you should be able to break scripts and one shot zones. ITS FUN and makes mundane tasks such as your millionth daily or weekly bearable.

Instead we have developers intent on artificial scripts to slow us down and not reap any reward for making our characters stronger. The developers need to wake up and realise they are killing the game before it’s too late
    Alenna and zelldeb like this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

Planar defence makes it impossible to pull with a pet
    Shadowknight and Conjurer pet can not pull.. the pet stays at the trash and nothing happens

Please fix this behavior
    Mermut likes this.
  4. Gninja Developer

Its already being address with next update.
    Beee, Mermut and Inyuyasha like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Regular Tuesday update?
  6. Gninja Developer

I believe so.
  7. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

The heroic zones do not need fighter checks or planar defense buffs. This is only creating problems where there were none to begin with. Honestly, I think developmental powers should be spent more on fixing other issues or creating new content than creating new buffs to slow down the time spent in zones. I honestly believe you are trying to equate time spent in zones with more fun, when the reverse is true, particularly if it's a bad group to begin with and you just want to finish the zone as quickly as possible to bounce out (as I see happen all too often with pugs). There are other problems in the game that need fixed, as well as this new content for the summer that I'm sure could use work as well. Stop catering to players who get their knickers in a twist because they're not advanced enough to solo, duo, or trio heroics 6 months into the expansion and stop trying to punish the people who can do this. Please, make more content instead of breaking zones. Thank you.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm curious what the goal with this change is..
    As a player I'm seeing all the 'negatives' and things that make the zones more difficult and longer w/o a corresponding increase in reward or incentive.
    This change doesn't affect just named mobs.. but trash and adds too.
    It makes healer aggro a nightmare since the lack of damage maeks it the only type of aggro being generated...
    It's also really rough on tanks since the beginning of the fight is when they need to build up aggro.. but the toon that gets the first 'real' hit is getting aggro and there's little the tank can do about it.

As a player, knowing the goal/purpose of a change helps mitigate the frustration that happens when there is a significant change to how things work.
    Juraiya and Mizgamer62 like this.
  9. slica Active Member

I ran the solo weekly on 2 chars last night...I didn’t notice it taking any longer..i killed avatar of the sun or w/e in like 5-7 seconds as usual as well...
    Nelie and Gninja like this.
  10. Nelie Well-Known Member

I think many people in this thread are confusing 2 different things here. The Planar Protection buff doesn't take but a few hits to remove from the very start then things are normal. The stoneskin ever X% issue is completely different and should be started in another thread because it has 0 relation to the Planar Protection issue.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

In heroic content, the change to Planar Protection is making a significant difference... healer aggro on adds and trash is insane and it's a real challenge for tanks to get aggro since the first 20 hits do nothing.. whoever gets the 21st hit can get splatted.
    Mizgamer62 and Beee like this.
  12. Nelie Well-Known Member

Not sure if my guild group just got lucky then or what but our tank held aggro just fine. Planar protection was off in under a second with everyone's auto attack and initial spell going off (usually 1 second or less). We have hardly even noticed a difference in both solos and heroic content. We are casuals and don't raid. Really not sure what to tell everyone struggling then because we have ran 4-5 different group setups and have done just fine.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Holding aggro isn't the issue.. getting it was. The 20 hits that 'don't count' means the tank has very little chance of getting in a few hits before the dps does. If 2-3 dps get big hits in before the tank does, getting aggro can be quite the challenge.
    All the trash on the way to adds can no longer be pulled by the tank and gathered up... as soon as they swing at the tank and any heal, reactive, ward, damage shield procs... all the trash swarms the healer.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  14. slica Active Member

I healed t1’s last night on my inq ..I didn’t notice these issues for me getting agro at all. So yeah idk what all the fuss is about.. the buff is just dumb..it’s trash and there’s no need. On named mobs I get it but trash...no...
    Nelie likes this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Do you guys pull trash a few at a time or do you gather a bunch up? We usually gather a bunch up. And, since the patch, they all come running at me.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  16. Nelie Well-Known Member

All my guild group setups round up everything. Now sure, aggro slips here and there when you round up everything + the named but that was happening even before the patch.
  17. naomesh New Member

I've run T1 heroics since the change, both as a monk tanking and a warlock DPSing, and I've noticed none of these issues. I held aggro fine, and then we used a first time in heroics tank when I played DPS and had no problem at all. Occasionally I grabbed aggro in the middle of the fights, but nothing different than any other time Ii've played a DPS.
    Nelie likes this.
  18. Nelie Well-Known Member

How long is it taking your group to get 20 swings in? Sure those 20 swings don't count per mob but the swings shouldn't be more than anything of auto attack and very light spells. If you dps classes are blowing up the mob(s) anyways on stoneskins and/or right after, how much sense does that really make? That is like saying the tank can't hold aggro because they started blasting away right on pull.
    As far as trash pulls, I haven't noticed a difference. I know any heals cause threat but I am guessing your tank isn't taunting or spamming stuff as they are running as they train aggro? I know each one of my guildmate tanks are hitting taunts and aoes as they are rounding things up. Like I said, sometimes what you described with heals happens and mobs do slip but also like I said, this has been happening since Day 1 of PoP expansion.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Flurries, MAs. pets, and DCs don't count to take the stoneskins off any more. Currently taunts are also not landing for the 20 stoneskins as well.. The names are a minor annoyance now that we've noticed the behavior. Having 1/2 the trash mob the healer, however, is more annoying.
    Used to be the tank woulds swipe at each encounter as we ran to our gather point. Now, at least 1/2 the trash the tanks swipes at now head straight for the healer instead of following the tank.
  20. Nelie Well-Known Member

I know Flurries/MA/DCs/ADCs/Pets don't count. What you are NOT accounting for too is any other procs actually DO count. Also, while taunts don't take away the count, they do count towards threat. Threat isn't "damage" that is absorbed. Also, if you haven't noticed, tanks do have a threat proc buff so every so often when they cast, it does send off threat.

There is 2 other posted that confirmed that 3 other groups have done this no problem and hardly realizes any change with this change. Just know, I am not defending this change by any means and think it is stupid as well.